You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That's lovely. I've always wanted the PArasaurolophus w/ Ankylosaurus, and the Dilophosaurus w/ Stegosaurus. They're my favorites.

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 02, 2012, 06:32:45 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That's lovely. I've always wanted the PArasaurolophus w/ Ankylosaurus, and the Dilophosaurus w/ Stegosaurus. They're my favorites.

For some reason, the former set is harder to find than the rest. I only have one Ankylosaurus and two Paras. However, none of these sets are really rare, MOC or otherwise. And I doubt this will change any time soon.

Roselaar

Here's some more chaos for you:

CityRaptor

Ah,  the Air SABRE.  The only Jurassic Park Vehicle that did not come with a Dinosaur that I have ( got it for free )!

I always wondered who bit off the Paradeinonychus tail.

Pity about the Pterosaur-wing structure on the Velocirapteryx. I always thought that this creature is quite ironic, given what we now know about the animal...
I also think someone used it as a base for a drawing:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Yeah, despite the difference in arm structure, the Velocirapteryx these days is far from a fictional creature. I wondered whether that was intentional on the part of the designer, since even in 1999 feathered dinosaurs were far from an outlandish concept.

The similarities between the Velocirapteryx and the dinosaur in the above picture is uncanny! What species does it represent?

CityRaptor

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2012, 03:27:50 PM
Yeah, despite the difference in arm structure, the Velocirapteryx these days is far from a fictional creature. I wondered whether that was intentional on the part of the designer, since even in 1999 feathered dinosaurs were far from an outlandish concept.

Who knows. Guess we should have asked him when JPToys made an interview with him.

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2012, 03:27:50 PMThe similarities between the Velocirapteryx and the dinosaur in the above picture is uncanny! What species does it represent?

Velociraptor mongoliensis
Oh no

Roselaar

But wait, there's more Chaos!:

The more I see that paint job, the more I love it, despite its outrageous colors.

This Rex is cursed with a less appealing paint job...  :P

Still an excellent play set, but you can't expect these trailers to be decently camouflaged in a jungle environment. Maybe in a candy store...  :))

CityRaptor

Hmm.

Thrasher pic: Girls Love!
Omega pic: I wonder if they revived a bit of G2 Grimlock for those colors. Also not the only Tyrannosaur with those colors around.
Commmand Center: Obviously is used in the same jungles as G2 Megatron!
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Wow, those Chaos Effect Rexes sure are....colourful. Not to my taste at all, but I'll admit the sculpting is very nice :)

Roselaar

On to Hasbrosaurs. Not anybody's favorite, but that's chaos theory...:

Left an All-Terrain Dino Trapper Vehicle on a flea market last weekend. In hindsight I considered I should not have, considering it was in working condition and I only have one of these. Maybe I just figured I never really liked it and space is stretched thin as it is at my place. I guess I'm finally learning. ::)

Metallisuchus

Ugh! That Chaos Effect line is so terrible! They could've just put out more legitimate species to rake in $$$.

Roselaar

More Hasbrosaurs. Some good, most of them... not so much. There's a reason I have less double Hasbro figures than I do Kenner's stuff.

Plus one T-Rex and one Dilophosaurus.

Plus one Pteranodon.

Plus one Aqua Spinosaurus.

Roselaar

And some more JP III:

Roselaar

JP Camo-Xtreme! Even if you hate the sculpts, you gotta admit some of these paint jobs are quite appealing, even Kaiyodoesque. Good way to improve feeble figures.

Roselaar

And now for something completely repainted: Jurassic Park Dinosaurs 1. Nice line, good figures, but few of these paint jobs are an improvement over their predecessors.
Also included are some of the rare JP III "hybrid" figures, a Mexican release.

Roselaar

The Hasbro repainting continues: JP Dinosaurs 2/3. Some of these figures have become surprisingly rare. I spend over a year looking for the Brachiosaurus, the last figure I needed to complete my collection.

Plus loose Spinosaurus, Pteranodon and Velociraptor.

Plus loose green Pteranodon.

Metallisuchus

Roselaar

Quote from: Metallisuchus on October 11, 2012, 04:04:09 AM
I do like that repainted Dimetrodon figure, actually.

It's not bad. I think all four of these Kenner repaints are pretty good looking actually. The Raptor is my favorite due to the attention on its battle damage that was rather neglected on its previous three incarnations.

Roselaar

To round up JP, here's JP 2009. Good retooled Bull Rex, but the rest is rubbish.  :P

Roselaar

As you may remember, I recently posted a lot of pictures of a big JP collection in the Acquisitions Thread in no less than 36 separate posts. Since I had yet to upload them in my own thread, I will do so now, except combined in one friggin' huge post. Enjoy!  ;D

Plushies! ACE Trike, Spitter, Raptor and Brachiosaurus, plus Dakin Brachiosaurus.

Hollywood Studios Raptor Bust. Not complete but still a cool piece.

CE MCC. Incomplete with beat up box. Lights and sounds still working though.

JPS1 Command Compound. Complete, working lights and sounds, box in fairly good shape.

Bag of Chinasaurs and Chap Mei leftovers.

JPS1 Jungle Explorer, MIB:

JPS2 Capture Cruiser, loose in box:  8-)

JPS2 Utahraptor, loose in box (no collector card):

MIB JPS2 Young T-Rex:  8-)

MOC JPS2 Electronic Baryonyx: 8-)

CE Sabres, loose in box. Love 'em or hate 'em.

Cute Raptor Hatchlings! One MIB, one opened.

JP III Exclusive Dinosaur Tracking Set. Excellent Kenner repaints, blatantly out of scale wit the rest of the JP III line. MIB.

Capture Copters, both MIB.

JPS1 Triceratops. Opened, good condition.

JPS1 Red Rex. Opened, missing collector card(s). Probably still working, but I don't have the battery needed to test it (wish Kenner had used the regular type of batteries for this figure).

Here's an odd thing: a Daspletosaurus room guard head. You can stick it on the wall and when someone passes it, it moves and roars. Or at least, it should. I haven't got the batteries to test it. It looks ugly though, but I like the choice of species. One of the few non JP items in this lot.

A second JPS1 Command Compound. Box is more beat up, set is incomplete and the lights on the computer are dead. It still talks though.

TLW Battling Raptors Game. Loads of fun! Or it would be, if I had anyone to compete against. Trouble with acquiring collections like these is it keeps you from getting a girlfriend.  :P

TLW Remote Control Triceratops. Still works, sort of. Let's just say it moves in some very strange circles.  :D

TLWS1 Medcenters and Allosaurs. Box is incomplete and discoloured, and the Medcenter inside is missing various parts. The Allosaurus at least is complete though. The other Medcenters and Allosaurs are sadly the types you scrap for parts.

JP III Remote Control Spinosaurus. Very MIB!

JP Raptors 3D Puzzles. Both complete, one used, one unused (pieces still in original frame).

TLW Board Game. Complete.

JP Board Games. One complete, one less so.

JP Raptors in Kitchen scene Puzzle. Complete.

Topper of a JP III VHS/DVD sale rack standee.

Near mint original large JP VHS release standee. Folded out a bit for overall impression, general condition still unfolded.

MIB JP Dino Sound Target Set. Batteries are dead.

JPS1 Electronic Velociraptor, loose on card. Works.

JP Brachiosaurus puzzle. Complete.

TLWS1 Pachycephalosaurus MIB.

Park Ranger Jeep and Tour Explorer custom models. Excellent work! Very cool to see them done as carded figures. If I didn't know better I'd say these are for real.

Lindberg Corythosaurus model kit, one MIB, another loose sample. Very lame model. There's just nothing JP about it, as it looks way too retro.

Loose in box TLWS1 Humvee. Complete, unassembled. In better condition than my own Humvee, so that's another set for sale soon.

TLWS1 Triceratops, loose on card.

Lindberg Park Explorer model kit. Loose in box. Complete I think.

Various small JP figures, most of them from die-cast sets. Also a mini Dakin Dilophosaurus. I didn't know Dakin did any minis of their small line of JP figures.

TLW Soundbytes T-Rex hand puppet. Loose in box, still with working electronics and glow-in-the-dark eyes.

JPD1 Young T-Rex with Dino Hunter. Very MIB!

JP Dinosaur Eggs Fruit Snacks, unopened. I better keep them that way...  :D

JP bank. Very large, will take a lot of coins to fill this one. I could store spare parts in there perhaps. Interesting use of Crash' art.

Horizon Dilophosaurus model kit. Opened, but complete. Looks grand! I'm not a very creative person, so I'll keep it as is.

Lindberg Raptor model kit. Opened, but complete. Fairly good, but Lindberg isn't nearly on the same level as Horizon.

Lindberg Dilophosaurus model kit. Opened, but complete. One of the better Lindberg kits. Still not as good as its Horizon counterpart.

Lindberg T-Rex model kit. Opened, but complete. Also a pretty good model.

JP III Dino Draw 'n Go. Unopened, but the box has some minor tears. Odd item, but it kinda fits in style wise with the JP III toy line.

More JP 3D puzzles, another Raptor set and two Rex sets. One of each has never been assembled as the pieces are still in their original frame.

TLW T-Rex Tranq Gun, MIB. In working order. Cool toy, even though I don't like guns!

JP Junior Tracking the T-Rex, near MIB. Opened, but otherwise unpacked and unassembled.

JP III Raptor Attack Playset, two of them. Both have been opened but remain unassembled. Why anyone would bother opening two of these without ever playing with them is beyond me...  ???

Chaos Effect Trike Dozer. Opened and a bit dusty, but otherwise in excellent complete condition.

TLWS1 Ground Tracker, opened box. Complete, working lights and good condition.

Tsukuda Hobby Velociraptor kit. Opened, unassembled, complete.

Tsukuda Hobby T-Rex kit. Opened, unassembled, complete.

Revell Humvee kit. Opened, but unpacked and unassembled. Complete.

Chaos Effect Paradeinonychus, opened, some tears in box, but in good working order. Velocirapteryx x2, one MIB, the other one opened. Both in good working order, but with little tears on the box.

JP Magic Rocks. Loose in box, complete. Weird item, but fun.

Lindberg Stegosaurus model kit, MIB. Like the Corythosaurus, a retro monstrosity not worthy of the JP brand.  ::)

Dinosaur paint set, MIB. To paint over those Lindberg model kits, and in the case of the retrosaurs among them, try to make them look better than they are. Fat chance.  ;D

CE Ankyloranodon and Compstegnathus, both MOC.

CE Roland Tembo and Ian Malcolm. Malcolm has some slight damage on his left side, but is otherwise in good condition. Tembo is MOC.

CE Amargospinus and Raptor Alpha, both MOC. The latter is a nice trilingual variation.

CE Tyrannonops and Tanaconda. Both MOC.

VHS releases of all three JP movies. Oh, the good ol' days when we were still willing to spend 20 bucks to watch JP cropped anc chopped in poor video quality! :)

Three CXT 2-packs, all MOC.

TLW Fun Holder. MIB. The fun is, it can hold anything you like instead of something specifically. Very imaginative.  :P

TLW Parasaurolophus Tooth Brush Holder, 2x MIB. Nice gadget! I already had the Raptor Tooth Brush Holder, but I like this one better, especially for the warning.  :))

TLW Candy Eggs, Never opened. Needless to say I'll keep them this way instead of gobbling them all down.

TLW Movie Story Book. Clearly for the kiddies. And actually few pics of dinosaurs, maybe it was released too early to incorporate all the big FX shots.

TLW Hatchlings. Trike has been opened but is in good shape. Rex is MIB.

Two more Rex Hatchlings, both opened. One of them is in good condition, the other's box is a bit beaten up.

JP Watches, six of them, all MOC. Too bad they didn't have many different designs, it's all Rexes.

JP Watches, 24 of them in their original box. I couldn't resist and opened it up to see what's in there. 24 MOC T-Rex watches I found. So now I've got 30 of these...  :P

Loose JP Die-Cast figures. In surprisingly good condition for loose samples.

Some nice loose figures.

JP III Dino Dexes, MOC.

JP III Die-Casts, all MOC.

JP III Human figures, all MOC.

More JP III Human figures, all MOC.

JP III human figures, opened.

JPS2 humans, all MOC.

More JPS2 humans, all MOC.

And more. One Harrison is a Euro variation.

TLWS1 small vehicles, both MIB.

TLW High Hide, opened and sadly incomplete.

TLWS2 Eddie, MOC.

TLWS1 Pteranodon, opened but complete and in good condition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: