You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrannosaurid lover

God damit!! :o :o :o :o :o :o to much jurassic park im overloadead.
*yuck*.
Well you have some of the hardest figures, I want the series 2 young t.rex, you have a one of the best  collections that I ever see.
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Roselaar

Some more Lost World:

Plus two now. ;D

Plus one.

Plus one.

Minus one Glider Pack Malcolm figure. Yes, the opposite of acquiring occasionally happens.  :D

Roselaar

Been a while, let's continue TLW:

Roselaar

And some more:

Probably my favorite JP dinosaur figure. And all come with all of their dino damage pieces too.  :)

Only one of these Pachys features the infamous 'button under skin' variation.

Not the best Carnotaurus figure, but still pretty decent. Extremely hard to find one loose with both dino damage patch and all seven pieces of capture gear. Less harder, but more expensive, to find one MIB.

tyrantqueen

Wow, that Carno is...bad XD The forearms are just totally wrong. The red and black one was better :P

Metallisuchus

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 16, 2012, 03:02:40 AM
The red and black one was better :P

True, but I kinda like this one too. It has a unique action feature by JP standards, plus a cool dino damage wound. If only the paint job wasn't more or less identical to the one from the JPS1 Red Rex...

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 16, 2012, 06:36:10 AM
Isn't it Chasmosaurus, not Chasmasaurus?

It is. But Kenner got prehistoric creature names wrong more often. 'Dimetradon' and 'Estemmenosuchas' for example, not to mention mistaking 'Compsognathus' for their own hybrid Chaos Effect invention 'Compstegnathus'. However, I forgive them because those figures are so awesome.  ;D

Metallisuchus

Wow - especially the compy thing... I remember noticing as a child that the DNA vile containing Stegosaurus DNA is misspelled "Stegasaurus" in the first film.

Roselaar

Some more TLW:

Roselaar

Doing a fair bit of double-posting here, but I don't mind. Let's get a little rare here ^-^:

Still the only Estemmenosuchus figure around?

Ornithosuchus is also a rarely featured species. A shame.

Roselaar

And now for some controversy: JP: Chaos Effect. Like them or leave them, I tend to swing both ways.

If only they released all the figures they planned for this line. Such a shame to lose the Ankylosaurus and Ultimasaurus...  :(

CityRaptor

You know for some odd reason, I now like Chaos Effect more than I did years before.  Should have gotten more than just Raptor Alpha, Tyrannonops and Tanaconda back then when those three, the Ankyloranodon, Compstegnathus and Amargospinus where available in Germany...
As for the Ultimasaurus, I  sometimes pretend this guy is one:

Overall, I have to say, you have an impressive collection!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 30, 2012, 01:21:54 PM
As for the Ultimasaurus, I  sometimes pretend this guy is one:

Oh my, the general resemblance to the Ultimasaurus is uncanny. What kind of figure is that exactly?

CityRaptor

It's Kabell the Triceratholestes from Predators DNA Fusion.  Second series, Predasaurs Insect Invasion, has Kali the Ankteranodon. Guess who he resembles....
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 31, 2012, 09:27:04 AM
What do you do with so many carded figures?

Use them for wallpaper (and as a potential financial safety net in the future, though I'm not proud to admit it), what would you do with them?  :P

EmperorDinobot

Uh...sell them. To the less fortunate like myself (JK, I have everything but the TLW s2 humans, and the two Chaos Effect small vehicles, and anything that's unreleased).

But I wouldn't bet on financial security for the future. It's always a possibility, but in reality, toys are just...toys, and I feel like they've lost a lot of value recently since collectors are the main buyers. In other words, if you wanna sell stuff, do it now. Not later. Trust me I did the study.
But it's still an amazing bloody collection. A bit of hoarding, but hoarding is ok.

You got any of the JP DieCast figures? I'm interested in buying some carded and some to open up for the master display. IDK why I want the Carded ones except to do a wallpaper thing, and the loose ones to go with the mini dino and Matchbox display.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 31, 2012, 01:55:02 PM
Uh...sell them. To the less fortunate like myself (JK, I have everything but the TLW s2 humans, and the two Chaos Effect small vehicles, and anything that's unreleased).

But I wouldn't bet on financial security for the future. It's always a possibility, but in reality, toys are just...toys, and I feel like they've lost a lot of value recently since collectors are the main buyers. In other words, if you wanna sell stuff, do it now. Not later. Trust me I did the study.
But it's still an amazing bloody collection. A bit of hoarding, but hoarding is ok.

You got any of the JP DieCast figures? I'm interested in buying some carded and some to open up for the master display. IDK why I want the Carded ones except to do a wallpaper thing, and the loose ones to go with the mini dino and Matchbox display.

I was thinking more of selling them 30+ years down the road. They're bound to be worth more at that time. I'm just not very interested in selling them now because I'm not in dire need of money at the moment. I am interested in good trades though (got a thread for that in the classifieds).
I do have some JP Die-Casts too. Same story, though maybe not as outrageous hoarding as regular JP figs.

Roselaar

And here's a pic of my JP die-cast figures:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: