You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Roselaar's Collection Version 1: 2012-2017

Started by Roselaar, June 07, 2012, 06:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Wondeful acquisitions  ^-^. The next week they are arrive some of my new little tresaures of my collection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Another batch of recent acqs:

Dino Horizons dino fetus. No egg or accessories. An odd find on a flea market if you've never heard of these before. And I got it for free.

Some lovely new Collectasaurs. The Dax is bigger than I thought it would be. Almost a deluxe model.

But this is definitely Collecta's finest release this year. So bold and inspired and big! I sincerely hope we'll be seeing more Supreme models in the future.

And then there's this big lot. Kaiyodo, Favorite, Collecta, some good old Schleich and Bullyland. What's not to like here? :)

Roselaar

Another batch of recent acqs:

Massive JW haul, mostly exclusive figures. Some of the better Hasbro sculpts (not necessarily good, but at least not abysmally bad like some others) are found here.

JW Raptor Growlers. Finally, Hasbro remembered to attach the trademark sickle claws.

Actually good dinosaur sculpts, Battat Terra. I totally love the Acro's paint scheme. The Rex's less so, but still a fabulous figure.

Sega DK and Happinet figures. Some lovely species here.

Libraraptor

Always a pleasure watching your collection grow and grow - with great choices I very often would have made, too!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 30, 2016, 04:34:26 PM
Always a pleasure watching your collection grow and grow - with great choices I very often would have made, too!

I get the feeling most forum members wouldn't agree with that sentiment when it comes to JW (and I can fully understand that). But hey, hence all the non JW figures to balance things out a bit. :)

Roselaar

This too arrived in recent months:

Collecta's wonderful threesome of Spinosaurs and two tubes filled with lovely figures (like an Apatosaurus they need to make a 1:15 scale model of :) ).

And more. One of the finest Rexes currently on the market. And a decent Safari figure.

Plus some delightful Papo repaints that ought to have seen wider distribution. Thankfully they're only repaints.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on April 16, 2016, 05:47:53 PM

Collecta's wonderful threesome of Spinosaurs and two tubes filled with lovely figures (like an Apatosaurus they need to make a 1:15 scale model of :) ).

Well, add some cushions and that would make a wonderful sofa!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 16, 2016, 11:02:24 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 16, 2016, 05:47:53 PM

Well, add some cushions and that would make a wonderful sofa!

I like that idea. Considering Collecta's diversity, this would be an interesting new direction for them. After all, whos to say dinosaurs didn't use to sit on other dinosaurs back in the days?

LophoLeeVT

wow i am really envious of you!!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Roselaar

Some more JW stuff I got in the past few months:

Stomp & Strike T-Rex. This one ain't so bad, but a far cry from the big Kenner Rexes.

Lockdown Play set. Worse Rex figure ever packed together with a feeble resculpt of classic Kenner parts. But neat box art.

Titan Raptors on heavy discount. It's not the sculpts that are bad, it's the lack of sickle claws and their dull paint jobs. I've seen some excellent customisations of these three, which make them look terrific.

Bashers/Biters and Playskool minisaurs on clearance. Best price for them.

Plus some good, non JW figures to close. Excelletn T-Rexes, the dead one showing some guts (get it?), plus neat Mercuriceratops and decent Torvosaurus.

LophoLeeVT

good!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

DinoLord

Interesting that you posted the JW toys on the one year anniversary of the movie's release.

Roselaar

Quote from: DinoLord on June 15, 2016, 06:32:53 PM
Interesting that you posted the JW toys on the one year anniversary of the movie's release.

I could say it was an intentional move on my part, but that would be a lie. I first saw JW on June 11th last year, so the exact birthday date is off for me anyway.

docronnie

So sad the JW toys were not at par with their predecessors.  Hope to pick some up in Christmas at the bargain bin.  :)

Congrats on your new acquisitions!  ^-^
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Flaffy

I both love and hate JW toys.
Love: :)
JW got me back into dinosaurs and collecting dinosaur models. If it weren't for JW I wouldn't have found this forum and I wouldn't have interest in dinosaurs/prehistoric creatures.  :))
Hate: :(
It's been a year since JW and looking back, These JW toys SUCK. I probably wasted $90+ just in JW toys when I could've spent that amount of money on CollectA, Safari, Kaiyodo, Dinosaur Games... :'( JW toys have inaccurate and unattractive designs, cheap materials and sloppy paint job. I wish I could go back in time and not buy JW figures, oh well...  :-\

Roselaar

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 21, 2016, 07:44:05 AM
I wish I could go back in time and not buy JW figures, oh well...  :-\

But would you still have found out about these forums in that scenario? Or was it only the movie itself which made you find your way here? ;)

CityRaptor

I have similar feelings of regret about buying JP3 stuff.

Anyways, Roselaar, how well is your S&S T.rex? Pretty much everyone I saw in store had tears in the "skin" around the neck.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Flaffy

Quote from: Roselaar on June 21, 2016, 01:32:03 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on June 21, 2016, 07:44:05 AM
I wish I could go back in time and not buy JW figures, oh well...  :-\

But would you still have found out about these forums in that scenario? Or was it only the movie itself which made you find your way here? ;)
A little bit of both. ^-^ On one hand I'm grateful to have found this wonderful forum (without trolls), but on the other I still wished I didn't spend $90+ on JW figures.

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 21, 2016, 02:45:54 PM

Anyways, Roselaar, how well is your S&S T.rex? Pretty much everyone I saw in store had tears in the "skin" around the neck.

It's better tha most, I reckon. No tears yet. I've heard it develops over time on its own accord though...

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Quote from: Roselaar on July 20, 2014, 03:59:16 PM
Some more recently acquired figures:

Got this lot for the steal price of 90 bucks. You'll notice which figure makes that a terrific deal. ;) The lot originally came with like 150 present day animal figures from various lines, but to keep shipping costs down I let the seller keep those. The brown Carnegie Rex was a nice surprise, as it featured a different paint job than my own, and I didn't know that variation existed until then.

Traded these for several other dinosaur toys with new forum member stargatedalek. My Battat collection (and my Playskool collection, too) is finally picking up some speed. Still, it's gonna be a long, long road to get them all...

Whats the big dino on the right side, it looks like a bigger verion of jobaria from collecta. Can u say the company name i never saw this before.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: