News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Worst dinosaur toy

Started by BlueKrono, January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: Viergacht on January 27, 2017, 07:23:47 PM
Troll dinosaur

This ptero-bird-man thing.

The ugliest of chinasaurs - swollen cranium, chicken feet, lumpy skin. Hideous.

Oh, dear. My sides...
So your world's benign?
So you think justice has a voice
And we all have a choice?
Well now your world is mine...
And I am fine...

allosaurusrock

The troll looks like one of Shrek's children.
This is my signature.

terrorchicken

^isnt the one with chicken feet a bad Marx knockoff?

Neosodon

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 29, 2017, 12:07:51 AM
^isnt the one with chicken feet a bad Marx knockoff?
I don't know but have 2 of those, a big one and a small one and they had one in my kindergarten classroom. Shoes just how horrific it was that I can still remember it to this day.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Soopairik

I hate those plastic hollow ones that break easily...

Silvanusaurus

Possibly the worst of mine that I have photographs of:

Not only is it an aesthetic abomination, but its so heavy and rigid it feels like it's made of solid clay and it's sharp and rough in an unpleasant way, the damage a child could do with this toy is unthinkable. Behold the bliss aparent on the pterosaurs dying face, as he realises he will never have to look at that thing again.

Then there is this 'Suchomimus':

Its one of those puzzle figures that you assemble, but it holds together so loosely that a slight breath of air will cause it to fall apart. I think this is the only toy in my collection that I actively resent for it's very existence, I only kept it when i thought it was a Baryonyx.

The Atroxious

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 29, 2017, 03:07:28 PM
Possibly the worst of mine that I have photographs of:

Not only is it an aesthetic abomination, but its so heavy and rigid it feels like it's made of solid clay and it's sharp and rough in an unpleasant way, the damage a child could do with this toy is unthinkable. Behold the bliss aparent on the pterosaurs dying face, as he realises he will never have to look at that thing again.

The jazz hands are strong with this one.

TheRaptorSlayer

That pseudo-Carnotaurus is just...  ???
The colors, the position of the horns and the spiky sides make it look like a bad bootleg of the Carnotaurus from Disney's Dinosaur. Which is what it may very well be. The Suchomimus isn't exactly pleasant either, but at least it resembles the species somewhat!  ;D
So your world's benign?
And I am fine...

Sigmasaurus

From what I know, I really don't like the Mold-a-Rama. Mainly because whatever it is. It is NOT a dinosaur. It's a big fat lizard.

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: TheRaptorSlayer on January 26, 2017, 11:29:59 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2017, 09:50:07 PM
this Chap Mei Pachycephalosaurus is one of the worst in my collection. it looks more like an alien creature than a dinosaur. i dont know if i should burn it or keep it.

Isn't that the one from the Dino Quest line? The Parasaurolophus from that line is a disaster as well, at least for me. It looks too much like a character from a (bad) 90's clone of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

That being said, however, Dino Quest figures don't appear to be that common nowadays. I vote for keeping it, if only for it's collector value!  :)

Are you talking about this one RaptorSlayer? If so I completely agree.

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: SLE on January 29, 2017, 09:14:01 PM

Yes, it was that one!

Yep, it's just not good. It is too small, too skinny, and the facial expression doesn't fit it. It would be better if it was sold as a dinosaur-human hybrid soldier (or something like that) rather than a Parasaurolophus. This actually goes for pretty much every dinosaur from the Dino Quest line for me. The only one I kind of like is the orange and striped Deinonychus, and mostly because I like said paint job. Otherwise it would be just another unremarkable figure done in the style of the JP raptors.

So your world's benign?
And I am fine...

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: TheRaptorSlayer on January 29, 2017, 10:35:05 PM
Quote from: SLE on January 29, 2017, 09:14:01 PM

Yes, it was that one!

Yep, it's just not good. It is too small, too skinny, and the facial expression doesn't fit it. It would be better if it was sold as a dinosaur-human hybrid soldier (or something like that) rather than a Parasaurolophus. This actually goes for pretty much every dinosaur from the Dino Quest line for me. The only one I kind of like is the orange and striped Deinonychus, and mostly because I like said paint job. Otherwise it would be just another unremarkable figure done in the style of the JP raptors.

I just saw the Deino you were talking about. It still is awful, but it's better than this "Dinosaur" I mean come on, IT HAS TEETH. THE PARASAROLOPHUS HAS VISIBLE CARNIVOROUS TEETH.

Archinto

Aw man, Bluekrono, You're gonna make me dig now arent you..... Quite a nasty lil smooth mold timmee recast ya got there.... Amongst my monochromes, my oily jigglers and novelty dinosaurs, theres just too much fugly going on to post just one of them.... I'll really have to give this one some thought and get back to you there LOL *starts rummaging for most fugliest dinosaur*
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Soopairik

Oh my, that Parasaurolophus is HIDEOUS.

BlueKrono

Sauroid - That Pachy definitely has some extra-terrestrial DNA in it. Why couldn't they have just stuck with frogs??

Viergacht - That troll truly is the stuff of nightmares. And it's barely dinosaurian. The neck is just long enough to plunge me headlong into the uncanny valley, and it's got ugly toes. That T-rex can be found in just about every pack of cheap Chinasaurs made since about 1990. These are the vastly inferior successors to the niche Marx used to inhabit, this one correctly identified by Terrorchicken as a copy of the Marx slim Rex.

Neosodon - I'm almost positive that one's from the same series! They strike me as the kind of cheap garbage you might find lurking in an abandoned bubble gum machine.

Silvanusaurus  - I actually think that pterosaur corpse is even more hideous than mine. Well played sir.

SLE - I don't like the Mol-A-Ramas either. They are so darn fragile. Can't even be stored in a toy bin without going to pieces.

Archinto - I think you've got it with the Timmee recast ID. I bet you'll be able to find some true abominations amongst the jigglers. Funny how some of them are worth huge money today.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

terrorchicken

Quote from: SLE on January 29, 2017, 09:08:09 PM
From what I know, I really don't like the Mold-a-Rama. Mainly because whatever it is. It is NOT a dinosaur. It's a big fat lizard.

are these like those old model animals you could buy at the zoo/aquarium that you could watch being made in a machine? I used to love those and had quite of few, but of extant animals/ marine creatures, yeah they were fragile as heck.  I liked how they smelled too.  O:-)

QuoteThat T-rex can be found in just about every pack of cheap Chinasaurs made since about 1990. These are the vastly inferior successors to the niche Marx used to inhabit, this one correctly identified by Terrorchicken as a copy of the Marx slim Rex.

heh, I thought so, I always see it sold in plastic bags with a bunch of other Marx knockoffs at discount stores.

abut the Chap Meis, all their plant eaters have massive teeth! even the diatryma figure has teeth!  ;D

BlueKrono

Quote from: Archinto on January 30, 2017, 04:12:09 AM
Aw man, Bluekrono, You're gonna make me dig now arent you..... Quite a nasty lil smooth mold timmee recast ya got there.... Amongst my monochromes, my oily jigglers and novelty dinosaurs, theres just too much fugly going on to post just one of them.... I'll really have to give this one some thought and get back to you there LOL *starts rummaging for most fugliest dinosaur*

Speaking of Timmee, here's the whole family:

Terrorchicken - Yes, the lovely smell was their one redeeming quality.

As was brought up in the ugly toy thread, many of the worst offenders are ceratopsians. Here was my runner-up:

Clown nose? Check. Hillbilly teeth? Check? Garish paint job? Check. Molded from random ugly plastics out of the garbage? Check. You really have to be trying to make something this bad.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

TheRaptorSlayer

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 01:21:55 PM
As was brought up in the ugly toy thread, many of the worst offenders are ceratopsians. Here was my runner-up:

Clown nose? Check. Hillbilly teeth? Check? Garish paint job? Check. Molded from random ugly plastics out of the garbage? Check. You really have to be trying to make something this bad.

Wow.  :o These toys actually make the cheapest of Chinasaurs look like accurate masterpieces. And that is saying something!

I imagine that this poor guy definitely suffered from either inbreeding or some bizarre lab experiment.  ;D

So your world's benign?
And I am fine...

Soopairik

Hey... you do realize most toys are made in China, right? And not all of them are bad quality...

CityRaptor

Well, but Chinasaur is the established term. Even if you can't get more chinese than PNSO...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: