News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soopairik

I collect pens and apple cider caps. Though in recent years, I haven't really added anything new to my collection.

Silvanusaurus

I've been collecting dust. It's an easy hobby but it takes a lot of patience; you just sort of sit there for long stretches of time.

Keaton64

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 22, 2017, 01:34:56 PM
I've been collecting dust. It's an easy hobby but it takes a lot of patience; you just sort of sit there for long stretches of time.

I've been looking to give away my dust collection.  There's a lot of it in my room right now, and it's yours for free if you drive on down and collect it yourself.

CityRaptor

Ah dust. Who does not collect that? Don Glut is also a dust enthusiast.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 22, 2017, 01:34:56 PM
Super awful movie reference:

"I hate dust!"
No one should ever look up this movie, just run, run while you can...

Digibasherx

I came here looking at toy dinos, and end up going through crappy taxidermy.  The internet is a wonderful place.  I'll be sleeping with a night light from now on.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Digibasherx on January 22, 2017, 08:42:53 PM
I came here looking at toy dinos, and end up going through crappy taxidermy.

Only on DTF! :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

EmperorDinobot

I don't want it building up in my home.

Soopairik

I collect Oxygen. My house is full of it. I also collect bits of Nitrogen as well.

Daspletotyrannus

S.H. Monsterarts Godzilla and Gamera. I also have a few revoltech Gamera and Toho (owns Godzilla) kaijus from the same line. I very proud of my monsterarts Biollante.  She my favorite Godzilla foe. Lol

Halichoeres

Quote from: Soup on February 10, 2017, 11:34:27 PM
I collect Oxygen. My house is full of it. I also collect bits of Nitrogen as well.

I dearly hope there's a lot more nitrogen than oxygen in your house...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 12, 2017, 05:05:17 PM
Quote from: Soup on February 10, 2017, 11:34:27 PM

I dearly hope there's a lot more nitrogen than oxygen in your house...

Haha, I was gonna say... I hope the N outnumbers the O2 by about 4:1!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

I've been a Godzilla/giant monster fan as long as I've been a dinosaur fan, and honestly right now I dare say my monster collection is significantly larger than my prehistoric collection:

Note that this image is a couple of months old, and I've gained even more figures since then.  ;D
I can post more images if someone would like.

Tylosaurus

Aircraft model collecting, mainly Boeing 747's, so far I have 8 B747's:

More of them here at DA.C forums I go as Gold Leader:
http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/243081-goldies-b747s-here-my-jumbo-fun.html

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on June 16, 2014, 09:51:46 PM
I collect a stupid amount of stuff - most of it expensive lol! Let me see now - almost all things pertaining to Thomas the Tank engine (i.e. Railway Series books, trackmaster toys, retro Brio stuff)... I'm still a huge fan of Thomas because growing up is overrated XD

I also collect Thomas engines, but pretty much exclusively the Wooden Railway,
I'm still after that elusive Donald, I've only been able to acquire Douglas!
-Zhuchengotyrant

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I don't really collect anything else and put them in a collection, but I used to collect other animal toys. My favorite one is either the Safari Ltd. Green Iguana(my friend broke the the tip of its tail off) or the Safari Ltd. Mexican Redknee Tarantula. I used to have 2 Green Iguanas as pets and I have a Mexican Fireleg Tarantula. And speaking of pets, I also collect exotic pets. I am getting a new praying mantis soon, I just don't know what species. Probably a Ghost Mantis.

Ravonium

I don't collect too much other things. I do collect extant animal figures but I don't collect anything else that could be regarded as a 'model'.

CrypticPrism

Not really, I used to collect animals but I'm getting some Pokémon action figures from my grandmother for my birthday.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I forgot, I also collect dead praying mantids. I know it sound weird, but Entomologists do it too. Here is a picture of one(not mine). If you want to see mine, let me know.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on April 24, 2017, 03:05:22 PM
I forgot, I also collect dead praying mantids. I know it sound weird, but Entomologists do it too. Here is a picture of one(not mine). If you want to see mine, let me know.

Praying mantises are quite cool. That leafy one of yours totally looks like one of those Giger aliens with that head.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: