News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgxpower

Hello everyone!
Who is the author of this photo?

Viking Spawn

X-PLUS GODZILLA!!!

Feel free to checkout the rest too.   ;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn

Marcus

Loved the site about crappy taxidermy, never really got into that stuff myself but I did launch a website selling similar stuff. Id love to hear your thoughts on it. you can find it at Skull Bliss . Anyway, awesome forum here. Keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to hearing some thoughts!

Marcus

also, are there any restrictions to doing taxidermy on specific animals?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Marcus on August 07, 2015, 04:42:02 PM
also, are there any restrictions to doing taxidermy on specific animals?
For endangered animals, I would imagine that you would need to be careful about where you got your specimens from. Hunting them is obviously out of the question.

XCLASSGAMING

I collect Doctor Who figures. 5 inch and 3.75 inch :)

Raptoress

I collect many things, but my two favourite collections aside from model dinosaurs and animals, are Real Musgrave's Pocket Dragons and Charlie Bears. Today I bought a lovely miniature mohair moon bear, called Moon Beam. Limited to 2000 pieces.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Raptoress on January 15, 2016, 07:03:43 PM
I collect many things, but my two favourite collections aside from model dinosaurs and animals, are Real Musgrave's Pocket Dragons and Charlie Bears. Today I bought a lovely miniature mohair moon bear, called Moon Beam. Limited to 2000 pieces.

Hey, I collect Charlie Bears (and general bears). I have Josh, Louise and Ludo. Haven't bought any more lately due to all my free space being consumed by Transformers :o

Viking Spawn

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 16, 2016, 07:24:45 AM

Hey, I collect Charlie Bears (and general bears). I have Josh, Louise and Ludo. Haven't bought any more lately due to all my free space being consumed by Transformers :o

Transformers?!  Didn't see that one coming!  But cool nonetheless! 

Raptoress

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 16, 2016, 07:24:45 AM

Oh sweet, I had to admit I didn't think I'd meet another Charlie Bear collector here! :) I only have Gordon, Anniversary Lewis and Moon Beam at the moment, but it's definitely already quite the obsession. I've put my dinosaur collecting on hold for a bit to bring in more Charlie Bears.

Jetoar

I am collector of anaimal figures too. However I am a Transformers collector also, overall Beast Wars Era because they are my favorites when I was a child and Hasbro/Takara have done a really beautiful figures with some of the most obscure species as Archaeopteryx and Ammonite for example.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Kovu

My other big collection outside of dinosaurs is horses.

Raptoress

Kovu

Nice! I just ordered the palomino Marwari and I'm super excited for him to arrive. Been eying him for a while and now that he's being retired, figured I should snatch him up lol

Raptoress

He's beautiful! I have him myself. :) One of their best in my opinion.

Halichoeres

I collect books, Lego (castles and Simpsons sets, mostly), and sometimes for work I collect fish with a seine and an electro-shocker  :)) I also have a few fossils and insects, but I don't actively collect them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

I can tell you as anyone can that collects alot of dinosaur...I also tend to collect dust!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

AcroSauroTaurus

I collect figures of extinct animals, modern animals, mythical creatures, some Kaiju, fossils, animal skulls I find myself, and bird(modern dinosaur) feathers.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Killekor

I collect also fossils (i have a little collection of them), minerals (i have a big collection of them), and books (i have a GIGANTIC collection of them)
Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Loon

I've been collecting toys longer than I've been a straight-up Animal/Prehistoric Life collector. The lines I've steadily collected throughout my years a as a collector are: Transformers (Mostly the Generations figures), and Star Wars Black Series and S.H. Figuarts (Non-prequels, of course (Except for characters that I liked in the Clone Wars shows)), Lego too, The Lego Batman Movie stuff is my current wallet-eater. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: