News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you collect anything else?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 14, 2012, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinkamena

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 09, 2012, 04:33:39 PM

Can I just say that is the most awesome way of displaying flying models ever!!! I am so stealing your idea.

It's great to see some other MLP collectors! I collect all gens. I counted two years back and I had about 650, I must be up to about 900 now, although I do need to sort out my doubles and trade them for other stuff. I collect various dolls - I love some of the Monster High dolls and similar brand like the Bratzillaz, Twilight Teenz...oh and I have a few Sindys too  ::)

Sharks and rays - cuddlies, toys, tattoos, models...I love them <3

Books...I don't really class them as a collection but if I see any books I like I will pick them up. I have a terrible book hoarding habit - I have Freecycled several hundred books a few times in the past few years. Non-fiction books that stayed are my Stephen King, Dean Koontx, James Herbert and Tom Sharpe books. I have loads of reference books, I really need to have a thinout of them soon. Wiccan books coming out of my ears if anyone is interested :D I have a couple of hundred books on canine psychology and behavior, invertebrates, natural history and plane crashed.

I used to have several guitars, but due to illness I can't play seriously anymore so now I have a crappy old acoustic, a six string electric that never sold and my beloved bass.

My main collection though is what I dub 'My Collection of Items of Natural History' - dried invertebrates, shells (so many shells!) crystals and minerals, skulls, feathers, fossils, bones etc. I've always wanted a taxidermy fox but I have never seen one with a facial expression I am comfortable with.

My house looks like a museum  ::)

That lion and monkey are going to give me nightmares  :o
Slowly running out of room...one toy at a time!

Invicta Wishlist (monochrome) - Plesiosaur, Mamenchisaurus, Dimetrodon, Muttaburrasaurus, Ichthyosaurm, Blue Whale 

reinier zwanink

I have been collecting and building 1/15 german vehicles ww2 for some years
Some are standard kits but many are hand made and radio controlled

these are but a phew of 100+ i made

Last is my greatest model

its a artillery piece that took 9 months to build
I won 2 prices with it and 400 euros
It was later sold to a museum as well

SpittersForEver

Those are very cool, I have made a couple of 1/35 and 1/32 models but are not as good as those. I have just started collecting skulls/taxidermy/rugs. I have a nice little collection with my most recent being a red fox skull. I also forgot to mention a coin collection I have which mostly has coins from 1860-1960. I do have a couple that are Roman though.

Arul

emm im not collect anything else but i have optimus and bee from AOE in 10cm height statue, 1/144 challanger iraq 2003, 4 piece of 1/144 car replica, and 1/72 twin otter plane. i make them into a diorama :D i love small and detail toy

croatasaurus

I collected racing cars.I had hundreds of them,then I gave them to my cousin or I lost it.Now I have somewhere 30

ignite444

Certainly! I collect other non-dinosaur models, plushies, snow globes, figurines, Pokemon merchandise, dragons, manga, and Harry Potter stuff.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Dinosaurana

I collect a few different things besides figures as well. They include the following.

Fossils: I have a various amount, consisting mainly of Crinoid stems. Some of the better pieces include a megalodon tooth and a sea cow rib, which preserved in a small chunk the length of my hand.

Skulls: My more morbid of hobbies, I have a small collection, with some of the more notable being a cast of a Great Horned Owl, a real beaver skull, and a real Mountain Goat skull.

Cameras: I've got a few older cameras, including an early Brownie camera. While small, these are aesthetically appealing.

And other bits and pieces that attract my attention, which takes a lot considering.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

triceratops83

My La Roux collection. I don't normally listen to "real" music, I've always been a fan of movie scores, but La Roux really struck a chord with me. Plus, I have a huge crush on Elly Jackson.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Doug Watson

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 31, 2014, 06:07:41 PM
Speaking of taxidermy, do you know about King Frederick's lion? :) It's hilarious.

That is hilarious, it looks like the poor taxidermist didn't have access to the skull or the lion lost all its teeth before it died. I have seen a few old taxidermy collections, in one the guy had done an otter and I swear instead of using the skull he took an old incandescent light bulb and put the socket towards the neck. I wish I had taken a picture its head was shaped like a pear.

Takama

BIONICLE Generation 2

With my animal cabinet in the background

Tyto_Theropod

QuoteMy house looks like a museum  ::)

...Glad to know I'm not the only one!  :))

Doesn't help that I just got a couple of skulls, from a domestic cat and a muntjak deer - ethically obtained, obviously. Skulls are fascinating ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Uroplatus

I actually collect a bunch of stuff but no toys besides my prehistoric animals and my girlfriends collection of Koala, Super Mario and Despicable me figures. :)

Next to those we also have a large collection of live reptiles, mostly lizards.
I also collect fossils, taxidermy, and books abouth biology, herpetology, natural history, ...
And i also collect all kinds of Harley-Davidson stuff, from ashtrays to the bikes themselves.

Those who like can see most of our reptiles here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Reptile-Factory/748061688588327?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

Fofer

I collect a space marines army ( Dark Angels) and eldars from warhammer 40.000. I also collect Sega Saturn games and fantasy & scify books.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Fofer on February 25, 2015, 12:22:50 AM
I collect a space marines army ( Dark Angels) and eldars from warhammer 40.000. I also collect Sega Saturn games and fantasy & scify books.
You mean SPESS MEHREENS? >:D

Doug Watson

My wife & I collect Mickey Mouse watches right back to the first wristwatch and pocket watch from 1933. We also collect select Disney figures like the big Marx figures and the McDonalds 100 Years of Magic figures we have complete sets of both. Then I have my fossil collection and my collection of dust.

Arul

Im start to collecting onster hunter figure now, tigrex is my next target  :D

CityRaptor

I consider Dinosaurs books, games, movies and other media, as well as fossils part of collecting Dinosaurs, just like collecting their figures is.

As for other thinggs, I collect Godzilla figures, movies, books etc. Although my figure collection has shrunk down... Currently it consists of three Bandai Japan Vinyl figures ( two of them came with DVD Boxes ), seven Sakai Dioramas, two Wizkids figures and a superdeformed Gorosaurus. Okay, that might sound like much, but most of them are small.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Fofer

jajajaja yes tyrantqueen!!! 4 the emperoh! xD

Arul

Who have papo snow leopard ? What do you think about that figure ?  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: