News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/18 Velociraptors "Gunn" and "Rose"

Started by joossa, April 24, 2017, 03:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor: Velociraptors "Gunn" and "Rose"
The raptors are females. Same scale as the Winston raptor is assumed. Will come in two different color schemes. Jaws are articulated.

Scale: 1/18?
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: 04/16/17 (Unpainted Prototype)
Official Color Images Released on: 08/18/17
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: Summer, 2017

Accessories/Extras: ?

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Velociraptors "Gunn" and "Rose".

Quotes:
01/14/17:
QuoteFB User: Female velociraptor is when?
Rebor: In Summer :)

FB User: Named raptor??
Rebor: Rose

04/14/17:
QuoteFB User: That's what it is about. this is you rebor. 3 raptor is cool. Will they all be different colors?
Rebor: Yes :)
QuoteFB User: whatttt so we have 3 raptors!!!!
Rebor: There will be at least 7 raptors all have different postures ;)

04/16/17:
QuoteEaster Raptor spotted and she has plenty of eggs ;) Happy Easter everyone!

Unpainted Prototype: 04/16/17:

Color Prototypes: 08/18/17:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Reptilia

This to me looks just like the one they presented as "Sweeney", the sculpt appears to be the same. Maybe the name they put in the grey promotional image is not the final choice, I remember "Winston" was dubbed as "The Golden Curve" in the first promo picture.

BlueKrono

Still doing broken-wristed raptors?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

joossa

Quote from: Reptilia on April 24, 2017, 05:26:17 AM
This to me looks just like the one they presented as "Sweeney", the sculpt appears to be the same. Maybe the name they put in the grey promotional image is not the final choice, I remember "Winston" was dubbed as "The Golden Curve" in the first promo picture.
The head on this one is more at an angle to the body, where the head on Sweeney is more parallel to the body. Also, in the tease for this one, Rebor called it a her while they confirmed Sweeney as a male.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 24, 2017, 12:40:11 PM
Still doing broken-wristed raptors?

Still doing genetically engineered theme park monsters.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

After they said Winston was a one off, they go and make more

At this rate, i wonder if they will make a FRILLED Dilophosaurus

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2017, 03:51:17 AM
After they said Winston was a one off, they go and make more

At this rate, i wonder if they will make a FRILLED Dilophosaurus

Did they really say that Winston was a one off? We also had Stan.
Sure, a frilled Dilo sounds good, as long as it doesn't become the industry standard.

Reptilia

They didn't say "Winston" was a one off, but seven sculpts would be a bit too much maybe. For example if "Rose" and "Sweeney" are indeed two different releases I don't see the point in buying both since the pose is basically identical. Unless you are a completist and/or a fanboy.

As for the Dilophosaurus, they hinted a couple of times that is a possibility, but I doubt they'd do it frilled, just to avoid troubles and complaints. For me it'd be a dream come true, they can easily match the screen accuracy of their raptors and release the best JP Dilophosaurus ever.

Megalosaurus

I love this JP raptor.
When you see a JP raptor head, just forget about soft integument and correctly oriented wrists, its just a JP, so enjoy it for what it is.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Victoria's Cantina

With this many more coming out you'd have to think Winston was a big success for them.

Shonisaurus

I suppose that this series of seven velociraptors belongs to a line independent of the dinosaurs of the mark Rebor, as they are the dinosaurs with newborns of resin and the skeletons of fossils. On the other hand, I did not know that Velociraptor Winston had given them so much profit. This is new news for me. In any case, I hope that the arms of these figures, even if they are articulated, do not go away with the velicity that unfortunately happens to the deinonychus of the same brand

joossa

I'm not liking the color schemes they revealed for these.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reptilia

Rebor initially talked about "Rose" being a female, now that we have the JP3 colour scheme revealed we can assume this is a couple. I would have preferred them to be different sculpts though, it doesn't make much sense to have male and female in the same pose for diorama purposes.

Shonisaurus

I would like at least these velociraptors not to have articulated arms or removable arms.

IrritatorRaji

Reptilia

A knock-off is a pirate copy of an existing figure, even if clearly inspired by JP design their figures are original sculpts, and have even the blessing of SWS.

Shonisaurus

According to facebook Rebor velociraptor Couple Gunn & Rose will be available in December of this year. There are more pictures of them.  :)

I give you the link,

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/pcb.1366470773479927/1366468293480175/?type=3&theate

Dyscrasia

Kaprosaurus

I can already see someone making a sitcom with these two on youtube,the sitting pose makes it perfect.Hope these aren't expensive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: