News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor 1/35 Crocodylomorpha: Deinosuchus "Meta" and Sarcosuchus "Lica"

Started by joossa, May 16, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor 1/35 Crocodylomorpha: Deinosuchus rugosus "Meta" and Sarcosuchus imperator "Lica"
Jaws are anticipated to be articulated.

Scale: 1/35
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: 05/11/17 (Heads Only), 08/14/17 (Deinosuchus "Meta")
Official Color Images Released on: ?
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase:?

Comes with a Base: No
Accessories/Extras: ?

Quotes:
05/15/17
QuoteRebor: Ours is 100% scientifically accurate

FB User: But the skull is to high. It may be accurate from the top but they both need to be more crocodilian from the side. Right now they look more like dinosaurs with crocodile mouths : (

Rebor: That's because their necks weren't shown in the photo, giving you an illusion that they got short snouts and high skulls. Plus there can't be just bones, we need to give them some body tissues right?
Also their bones never stop growing during their entire lifespans, their skulls will get bulkier as they grow older so our reconstructions make prefect sense

Saltwater crocodile hatchling

Saltwater crocodile adult

FB User: But there IS a lot we can learn from bones. Mostly the skull shape. The skin of crocodiles and alligators sit pretty nicely around the skull. While I don't support the eye sockets being visible (which you have done on most of your models, even the ones not basses on JP) I also don't support the eyes to sit an entire foot above the skull ether, which is exactly what you have done with your poor deinosuchus. Also, are you saying that the deinosuchus' we have are babies? Yes, Corcs do grow all through out their life, but their basic shape doesn't change once they've reached adulthood.

Rebor: We often see some people with higher cheekbones or larger chins so why should we expect all crocodiles to look the same? Even some chickens got longer beaks and larger wings. It's not wrong to give animals some characteristics :)

It's too earlier to judge a 2D photo mate as you can only see it from a just one angle, our Deinosuchus doesn't have overly high face neither, please wait till you see the final product :)

08/17/17:
QuoteFB User: it's not a good reference the tiny David. the statue is actually 5 meter tall, so it's not clear if the Deinosuchus is compared with the statue or the man.
Rebor: Not the actual 5-metre tall statue...it represents a 180cm adult human male specimen
QuoteFB User: Amazing!!! Will it have a base too???
Rebor: Noooooo...a base for that thing is called a table ;)
QuoteFB User: Oh my! You got my heart pounding! Hahaha that large? How big is it??
Rebor: Not sure about the actual products but the original sculpt is 51cm

Black and White Photos of Head Sculpts: 05/11/17:

Dorsal View of Sculpt (Sarcosuchus): 05/15/17:

Unpainted Prototype: Deinosuchus rugosus "Meta": 08/14/17:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

joossa

Sorry for being late to post this, guys! Haven't been on the forum in a little bit.

I agree with the consensus in that the heads are just too off to call them Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus. Disappointing, really. Artistic license and variability between individuals in one thing, but this... too much.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

No need to apologize, thanks for maintaining these threads!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

At least Schleich is a trademark dedicated in body and soul to children mainly and in this forum much we have criticized (me first) makes the same figures of dinosaurs but at an affordable price. The deinosuchus and sarcosuchus Rebor I do not like sincerely speaking and above will be as expensive as all the figures Rebor and without going further the deinosuchus of Schleich whose figure I keep in my showcases is much better than any of those two figures.

Honestly and very sorry to him Rebor has disappointed me. These figures do not convince me, and it is more in theory Rebor is intended for collectors How do you explain to make such figures? Although it is early to analyze such figures the first impression sincerely is bad from my point of view.  :-[

Shonisaurus

They just announced the Reinos deinosuchus at 1:35 scale and I can assure you that apparently it is a wonder, far from the image we had at the beginning. For those that you can connect with facebook you leave the link. Apart from that it appears with a representation of the David of Michelangelo It means that in its day this figure will come with that image to scale? time will tell.

I apologize to the forum for repeating the message because there was already a link relative to the deinosuchus and postosuchus. I'm really sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1285326181594387/?type=3&theater

tanystropheus

It's a miracle.
They've FIXED Deinosuchus!
Sarcosuchus. Next. Please.

Dyscrasia

Reptilia

Looks like it has the articulation in the upper jaw, like the Papo Kaprosuchus, but for some reason seems like it has articulated fore limbs too. And it's very cool. I'll wait for size comparisons to have a better idea, but it's likely to go straight on my wishlist.

Rain

Quote from: Reptilia on August 14, 2017, 01:30:24 PM
Looks like it has the articulation in the upper jaw, like the Papo Kaprosuchus, but for some reason seems like it has articulated fore limbs too. And it's very cool. I'll wait for size comparisons to have a better idea, but it's likely to go straight on my wishlist.

I noticed that too but it isn't just the forelimbs. I assume they're articulated to put the figure in a swimming pose.

Albertosaurus

Rebor people have probably never seen the Michelangelo's David in person...it is HUGE. I have no idea why they use it for size reference...

Faelrin

Looks much better then before. They said the prototype is 51cm. I'm assuming that's pretty big. How would this compare to their other 1:35 scale figures?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Reptilia

I don't think they've fixed anything, we're just seeing the full figure from the opposite side I guess? But something's not right anyway, estimates for an adult Deinosuchus are about 10m, so smaller than a Tyrannosaurus. If this model is 51cm it will exceed in length their "King T-Rex", which is supposed to be in 1:35 scale. At that size the Deinosuchus model comes closer to 1:20 rather than 1:35.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on August 14, 2017, 08:06:02 PM
I don't think they've fixed anything, we're just seeing the full figure from the opposite side I guess? But something's not right anyway, estimates for an adult Deinosuchus are about 10m, so smaller than a Tyrannosaurus. If this model is 51cm it will exceed in length their "King T-Rex", which is supposed to be in 1:35 scale. At that size the Deinosuchus model comes closer to 1:20 rather than 1:35.
The Tyrannosaurus model is disproportionate, if you measure the skull it's probably closer in scale.

Reptilia

Maybe they meant to say it is 31cm long.

sauroid

maybe REBOR was trolling people when they originally posted a disproportioned head of the Deinosuchus a few months ago.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Faelrin

They did say they weren't sure what the final size of the figure would be. Here's the comment: "Not sure about the actual products but the original sculpt is 51cm". Now if I'm recalling right from the one BotM kickstarter update that explained how production normally goes for these sort of things, then the prototype should be bigger then the final product since the plastic shrinks during the process. I just saw another comment on the FB post that said the statue of David there is meant to represent a 180cm tall human, so take that as you will.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

It will be the first deinosuchus well made in the toy market and apart from that to a rather large size.

Reptilia

Didn't anyone notice that if that David replica is meant to represent a 180cm tall man the comparison doesn't make any sense at all? With such proportions the Deinosuchus model should represent an almost 20m long specimen. And forgive my ignorance but what "Meta" and "Lica" stand for? Are they some greek mythology references? Or anything about art history? Or chemistry? I can't find anything on Google, at least nothing that makes any connection between the two.

PumperKrickel

deleted

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: