News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

mgaguilar

Is Rebor about to release the floodgates???

Can't wait for that Deinosuchus.

Shonisaurus

In short, they have released three versions in painting of the ankylosaurus War Pig but I'm wrong.

What perhaps I am not a supporter is that this ankylosaurus Rebor has removable parts. I would like them to do less articulated and more conservative figures, although as I said, that will not be an obstacle to buying their figures.  ;)

But I have to admit that I am not a fan of the figures articulated in both dinosaurs and prehistoric animals for reasons noted in my case in the forum.

Reptilia

Three colour variants? Looks intriguing and unnecessary at the same time. As Shonisaurus says though, I too am not a fan of multiple points of articulation, so that really kills any interest in the figure for me.

empire3569

I don't mind the bendy tail, but the swivel head is pretty dumb and really doesn't add anything to the figure.

tanystropheus

head swivels are ideal for ceratopsians as their frills tend to draw attention away from the seams.

mgaguilar

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 09, 2018, 11:45:06 PM
head swivels are ideal for ceratopsians as their frills tend to draw attention away from the seams.

That's a wonderful idea! Hope they implement that soon!

Also, it seems that Rebor commented on someone wishing for Tyrannosaurus under the War Pig post. They stated that yet another iteration of Tyrannosaurus will be out in September in either the Orange or Green style. I am wondering if they are releasing the Vastatosaurus Rex in the specified paint styles, or if they will be more Jurassic Park type sculpts.

Faelrin

Three color variations? Wonder when the color promo shots will be made then. I wonder how much each are going to go for, and if they will be limited releases or not.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Do we know these are variants and not just that they haven't chosen a final colour yet?

Minmiminime

The middle one looks like it could match reasonably well with the Papo version as a companion! Not my kind of thing, but they're certainly looking very detailed and pretty ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Atokensis

I'm really excited for this Ankylosaurus since papo's version has declined in paint job.

mgaguilar

@Atokensis Wow, that doesn't even look like Papo. Is the Papo standard for paint jobs declining, like with the Amargasaurus?

Atokensis

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 11, 2018, 05:48:20 AM
@Atokensis Wow, that doesn't even look like Papo. Is the Papo standard for paint jobs declining, like with the Amargasaurus?

You can read through the posts on this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6335.0

Basically, when a figure has been in production for years, earlier runs are almost flawless, while later ones get cheaper and look different (usually worse) than the original. I noticed this happened to the Ankylosaurus, Allosaurus, Brown Standing T.rex, Pachycephalosaurus, Pteranodon and even Ceratosaurus but I'm pretty sure all of papo's figures has changed to some degree by now.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Atokensis on March 11, 2018, 05:55:18 AM
Quote from: mgaguilar on March 11, 2018, 05:48:20 AM

You can read through the posts on this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6335.0

Basically, when a figure has been in production for years, earlier runs are almost flawless, while later ones get cheaper and look different (usually worse) than the original. I noticed this happened to the Ankylosaurus, Allosaurus, Brown Standing T.rex, Pachycephalosaurus, Pteranodon and even Ceratosaurus but I'm pretty sure all of papo's figures has changed to some degree by now.

Wowow, thanks for the link. It's astonishing to see the difference for some of the figures. And I guess some are new paint schemes, and others are of lesser quality. It seems for the Brown standing Rex that the scheme has definitely changed, while for the Allo, it seems like it's a decline in quality, unfortunately.

Shonisaurus

Although I am not a fan of the articulated figures, I intend to buy said ankylosaurus Rebor when it is put on sale. On the other hand, I understand that the ankylosaurus Rebor has nothing to do with the ankylosaurus Papo. They are different things.

Everyone has their own genius.  :)

Dyscrasia

From Rebor's Facebook page
- War Pig colour scheme "plain", the other two will be "woodland" and "mountain"

Shonisaurus

Ultimately three Rebor ankylosaurus with three color variants will be marketed.

I think it's an optical illusion but I see the tail club too small with respect to the dinosaur, perhaps because the photograph is taken from above and in the foreground the part of the dinosaur's head appears oversized with respect to the rest of the body.

That means that they are going to release these figures very soon. In short, they will be commercialized in a short time. Before buying it I prefer to wait for videos where the product is displayed, to be able to assess it if I am going to buy it or not. In theory, that picture does not say much at the moment, although it obviously does not look like the ankylosaurus Papo. It seems to be of greater importance but it can not be evaluated with so little information, especially when most of the photos of this creature are in black and white and in a prefabrication state.

Reptilia

Very strange choice, I guess mostly to take advantage on completists.

Appalachiosaurus

Fully painted it doesn't look half bad, a lot better than the Jurassic World version at least.

Syndicate Bias

cant say i like the current paint job im seeing here, saw this on their fb earlier but if i said this they'd probably argue with me lol. still, this is a go to for me since the papo ankylo's paint job has dropped in quality

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: