News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Looks very promising, Eofauna! Rest assured that someone will be reviewing for the blog once it becomes available!

Now bring on a Paleoloxodon namadicus!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

It looks amazing. I hope this line entertains some of the more exotic prehistoric mammoth species...

sauroid

i hope it would be easy to obtain, but i wish it were bigger, like about 1:30 scale like the other major brand Mammoths
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Eofauna

Many thanks to all of you for the comments. We are very pleased for them ::)

Answering some of your doubts concerning to the size. The figure is pretty big at 1:40. If it were at 1:30, would be practically as big as Papo Brachiosaurus, remember that the Steppe mammoth was a giant proboscidean comparable in mass to Diplodocus. It is 15,5 cm in height to the top of the tusks.

Best!

Shonisaurus

Will it be available in one of the following stores?

shop.modellpferdeversand.de
Urzeitshop.de
  www.minizoo.com. au or everythingdinosaur?

They are four of my favorite stores.

On the other hand What are your measurements in centimeters as far as tall, wide and long?

Eofauna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on August 17, 2017, 10:08:13 AM
Will it be available in one of the following stores?
Urzeitshop.de
  www.minizoo.com. au or everythingdinosaur?

They are four of my favorite stores.

On the other hand What are your measurements in centimeters as far as tall, wide and long?

Yes, at least on several of your list. Will try to be on most sites as possible.

18 x 5.5 (body 7 on tusks) cm and the height in total as said: 15.5 cm

PhilSauria

Good to see that you guys are aiming for a wide distribution - put me down for one! Can't wait to see what other figures you have in the pipeline judging by the naturalistic and dynamic look of this one. There is a vacuum for a decent Coelodonta while we are talking ancient mammals and what about an Arctodus while you're at it. Hope that the release is sooner rather than later. Great work.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 17, 2017, 11:33:59 AM
There is a vacuum for a decent Coelodonta

..if you're searching for a nice Woolly Rhino, I can strongly suggest Likaon Models...

https://flic.kr/p/Swx6dz

sauroid

Coelodonta would be awesome, but id prefer an Elasmotherium. both would be great if you decide to make extinct rhinos.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Tyranomeed

Wow that looks so majestic. Really excited to get one of these :D

PhilSauria

Thanks Robin for the Likaon link. These look amazing, just what I had in mind in terms of a decent figure but may be a bit pricey for me and as an Australian based collector the shipping costs are more often than not deal breakers as well.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: sauroid on August 17, 2017, 04:19:19 PM
Coelodonta would be awesome, but id prefer an Elasmotherium. both would be great if you decide to make extinct rhinos.
Yes, Elasmotherium would be awesome!

Pachyrhinosaurus

So a Steppe Mammoth, then. I thought it was unusual for a Colombian Mammoth to have so much hair. I'll be sure to buy one when they're out.

And if we're doing species suggestions, I know I'd like to see a stegomastodon, teleoceros, hyracodon, or merycoidodon!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 17, 2017, 02:40:10 PM
Quote from: PhilSauria on August 17, 2017, 11:33:59 AM
There is a vacuum for a decent Coelodonta

..if you're searching for a nice Woolly Rhino, I can strongly suggest Likaon Models...

https://flic.kr/p/Swx6dz

But the coelodonta of the great company Likaon is of non-PVC resin like those of Eofauna.

We need a decent coelodonta of soft material like PVC and one of the companies that could do this figure could be Eofauna, that is on a slightly larger scale, 1:20 or 1:25.

Although I prefer an elasmontherium scale 1:20 or 1:25 made by the company Eofauna would be great. It is not a highly represented animal in the toy market.

PhilSauria

Seems Mini Zoo in Australia will be stocking this one. It is listed on their site but as yet unavailable with price TBA.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur is delighted to announce that we will be stocking the stunning Steppe Mammoth made by Eofauna Scientific Research. This model is the first in a new line of exciting museum quality replicas, it should be available from Everything Dinosaur sometime next month (September).  The full story is here: Everything Dinosaur and the Eofauna Steppe Mammoth

Reptilia

Great news, that is an exciting new line!

sauroid

Quote from: PhilSauria on August 18, 2017, 12:23:30 PM
Seems Mini Zoo in Australia will be stocking this one. It is listed on their site but as yet unavailable with price TBA.
looking forward to MiniZoo stocking this awesome figure. please keep us posted.

btw, do you guys think the Steppe Mammoth would be in the same scale as the old WS woolly mammoth?

PhilSauria

Followed up Mini Zoo in regard to Mammoth availability schedule: quote"EoFauna could be late Sept but more likely October".

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on August 22, 2017, 07:37:00 AM
btw, do you guys think the Steppe Mammoth would be in the same scale as the old WS woolly mammoth?

I have some doubts about the scale.
Eofauna said that the figure is 15,5 cm from feet to tasks.
Steppe Mammoth was 4 mt height ( at shoulders).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppe_mammoth

Using the second promotional image (side view) and an iPad Pro, I scaled the picture on screen at 15,5 cm.
The Eofauna Steppe Mammoth seems to be 12cm from feet to shoulders.
So it could be more in the 1:33/1:35 scale then 1:40.
It's possible I could be wrong about measures..
The old WS Wooly Mammoth is quite the same size as the Invicta Mammoth (and Invicta is at 1:45).
I'm not at home right now so I can't measure the figure..
The Carnegie Mammoth is at 1:30.
Papo Mammoth is at 1:28.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: