News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

thanks PhilSauria and RobinGoodfellow for further infos
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

laticauda

I am going to have to set some extra cash aside for this.  Looks great.

Eofauna

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 22, 2017, 12:25:06 PM
Quote from: sauroid on August 22, 2017, 07:37:00 AM
btw, do you guys think the Steppe Mammoth would be in the same scale as the old WS woolly mammoth?

I have some doubts about the scale.
Eofauna said that the figure is 15,5 cm from feet to tasks.
Steppe Mammoth was 4 mt height ( at shoulders).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steppe_mammoth

Using the second promotional image (side view) and an iPad Pro, I scaled the picture on screen at 15,5 cm.
The Eofauna Steppe Mammoth seems to be 12cm from feet to shoulders.
So it could be more in the 1:33/1:35 scale then 1:40.
It's possible I could be wrong about measures..
The old WS Wooly Mammoth is quite the same size as the Invicta Mammoth (and Invicta is at 1:45).
I'm not at home right now so I can't measure the figure..
The Carnegie Mammoth is at 1:30.
Papo Mammoth is at 1:28.

Our Steppe mammoth is based on the largest specimen found, which was about 4.5 m at the shoulders. The shoulder height of our replica is nearly 11.5 cm.

Yes, it matches more or less with the same scale to that of WS Woolly mammoth, being ours considerably larger.

Everything_Dinosaur

At Everything Dinosaur, we have had lots of enquiries about this new Mammoth figure.  As collectors ourselves, we have noted the numerous questions we have received as to the size and approximate scale of this replica.  Here is a link to a blog article we published today, with pictures of the actual model, measurements and comparisons with the Papo Woolly Mammoth juvenile: Eofauna Steppe Mammoth Dimensions]

Hope this article and the images contained within it help.  We have also tried to give an idea of the quality of the replica by showing a close up of the teeth in the mouth.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Reptilia

Thanks, the comparison picture with the Papo young mammoth is better than any measurement. I'm definitely going to collect Eofauna figures.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Eofauna on August 22, 2017, 02:13:18 PM
Our Steppe mammoth is based on the largest specimen found, which was about 4.5 m at the shoulders. The shoulder height of our replica is nearly 11.5 cm.

Yes, it matches more or less with the same scale to that of WS Woolly mammoth, being ours considerably larger.

Thanks for that confirmation, Eofauna! I've never seen the Papo mammoth, so the WS mammoth is a much more helpful reference for me! I'm definitely very tempted to get yours now. I like all my models to be in scale with each other.

ZoPteryx

Awesome model!  Can't wait to see more from this line!  :)

Shonisaurus

I already have commissioned said figure to everythindinosaur.co.uk and so it seems will be available in September in his shop. Worth waiting for whatever.

What is said is a great figure and beautifully detailed.  :)

Mironimus

You can pre-order the Steppe Mammoth by EoFauna at Urzeitshop.de now.
Just click on the Mammoth.

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

sauroid

that is the most beautiful plastic mammoth figure ever (the Carnegie wooly mammoth is second)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Everything_Dinosaur

All shipments of the Eofauna 1:40 scale Steppe Mammoth model sorted at Everything Dinosaur.  We are looking at an arrival date at our warehouse of Wednesday 27th September.  The fact sheet that we have written to accompany this model has been approved and is ready.  We will post up on our Facebook page the scientific illustration that we have commissioned for this fact sheet in the next few days.

We have a no obligation reserve list up and running for this item, it will cost £19.99 GBP plus postage.

If you would like to reserve an Eofauna Steppe Mammoth, then simply email us: Contact Everything Dinosaur

Shonisaurus

Well, on the 27th of September I will certainly buy such beauty from everythingdinosaur.co.uk, I already have the money ready.  ^-^

Mironimus

Just click 'Play' to watch a short clip of the Steppe Mammoth (in german language).

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Eofauna

Hello Everybody!

Our Steppe Mammoth figure is finally available on different websites.

If you are interested you can get yours in the next link: http://www.eofauna.com/en/esculturas/mamut-de-la-estepa

Thank you!

Best,

Eofauna team

Simon

Just ordered this one from dansdinosaurs.com.

Better yet, on their Facebook page they said that they plan on doing more 1:40 elephant figures when someone asked them  (Woolly Mammoth, Deinotherium, etc).

Personally its the Deinotherium that I want the most now - there are just not any accurate 1:40 Deinotherium figures out there (the ones released in recent years - Bully, Mojo, Collecta - are both inaccurate or somehow unappealing and appear larger than 1:40)

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: Simon on October 09, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

Better yet, on their Facebook page they said that they plan on doing more 1:40 elephant figures when someone asked them  (Woolly Mammoth, Deinotherium, etc).

Personally its the Deinotherium that I want the most now - there are just not any accurate 1:40 Deinotherium figures out there (the ones released in recent years - Bully, Mojo, Collecta - are both inaccurate or somehow unappealing and appear larger than 1:40)

Thank you for the heads-up Simon.  I just ordered from Dan's Dinosaurs too. I asked them about Paraceratherium next and they told me it will be a while for it for one of their team member will have to re-study it.  I can't wait for it to happen.  Well if they are planning on a Deinotherium I guess I  will have to wait for EoFauna one. I was planning getting either the Mojo or Collecta, but I'll wait now.

Simon

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on October 09, 2017, 07:07:00 PM
Quote from: Simon on October 09, 2017, 04:28:43 PM

Thank you for the heads-up Simon.  I just ordered from Dan's Dinosaurs too. I asked them about Paraceratherium next and they told me it will be a while for it for one of their team member will have to re-study it.  I can't wait for it to happen.  Well if they are planning on a Deinotherium I guess I  will have to wait for EoFauna one. I was planning getting either the Mojo or Collecta, but I'll wait now.

As far as the Paraceratherium goes, I have the one that Malcolm (dinonikes) made as part of his now-defunct "Fauna Casts" line of prehistoric figures.  That one is 1:40 and when I get the Eofauna Steppe Mammoth I plan on photographing them side by side and posting the comparison pics here...

sauroid

hopefully Eofauna makes their own Mastodon version someday so the new Safari would have a mate

Shonisaurus

A mastodon americanum of Eofauna would be magnificent. The same is true of the deinotherium. Although I would also like figures unpublished in toy like mamut columbini, mamut imperator or mamut meridionalis.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: