News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Maybe apart from the Palaeoloxodon antiquus they make some theropod dinosaur. I guess the second figure (if they reveal it) will be after the summer or the end of the year for the Christmas campaign.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ravonium on March 04, 2018, 04:00:15 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 04, 2018, 06:09:31 AM
For a second there I read your comment as 1:40 rhizopus and I was like how is that exciting  :)) :o

Well, Rhizopus is a fungus, and we do get very little fungal figures from any company  ;)  (OK, but if someone does consider making a fungus, they should go for the 'mushroom' types or, if they really want to be ambitious, a Cordyceps >:D , but not what essentially amounts to yeast or mold.)

I would actually be 100% on board with a Prototaxites figure.

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 05, 2018, 12:25:24 PM
I love it! :D Can't wait to see more pictures of it from other angles. Definitely gonna get this one though, I've been expanding my prehistoric mammal collection lately.

I don't know a whole lot about (prehistoric) elephants, so can anyone tell me what the weird head shape was for? Just a big brain?

Doesn't look like the brain is responsible:

My guess is muscle attachments. With tusks that large, you might want something to counteract the torque generated by their weight. But I don't know much about elephants in particular, happy to be corrected.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Simon

Well, well, well ... glad to hear someone is listening to the collecting community!!!!  I'm just  ... speechless ... at 1/35 scale this figure will be enormous ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 05, 2018, 04:14:38 PM

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 05, 2018, 12:25:24 PM
I love it! :D Can't wait to see more pictures of it from other angles. Definitely gonna get this one though, I've been expanding my prehistoric mammal collection lately.

I don't know a whole lot about (prehistoric) elephants, so can anyone tell me what the weird head shape was for? Just a big brain?

Doesn't look like the brain is responsible:

My guess is muscle attachments. With tusks that large, you might want something to counteract the torque generated by their weight. But I don't know much about elephants in particular, happy to be corrected.

Oh thanks! :) That makes a lot of sense to me. Even if you're not sure, it sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Shonisaurus

On the Eofauna Facebook page they have informed that the Palaeoloxodon antiquus will be available within three months or perhaps sooner.  :)

PhilSauria

Another magnificent figure from Eofauna, as I look over at the shelf and wonder what I can shuffle out of the way to make space for it! Nice to know what their release schedule is for future creations; in short - bring on the Dinosaurs! The bar has been set pretty high in terms of quality so far with these Mammals, really has me getting high hopes for their Dinos. I suspect bases for the Therapods, can't see them going the bigfoot route!!

Shonisaurus

I'm glad you do the Palaeoloxodon antiquus at 1:35 scale. I like dinosaurs and big prehistoric animals.

"The big is beautiful."  ;)

tanystropheus

More pictures on Facebook.

(sorry, I don't know how to repost)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the pics! Want!!
      I hope they'll release all the prehistoric elephants + the modern ones, just as they did with
      that super beautiful and super expensive resin line a few years ago.

PhilSauria

Yes, great to have more images of this one, thanks! Space reserved in the Mammoth herd already. Better idea of the size now on seeing it next to their first release - quite a bit bulkier. Much as I like these magnificent mammals I for one cannot wait to see their first Dinosaur!!

Shonisaurus

Browsing the internet I have seen on the facebook page of everythingdinosaur.co.uk that have released photos of Palaeoloxodon antiquus I passed a link with the photos:

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/a.186426991391190.46120.154141751286381/1796099603757246/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/a.186426991391190.46120.154141751286381/1796099407090599/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/a.186426991391190.46120.154141751286381/1796099350423938/?type=3&theater

Can it be a sign that they are going to release the figure before what the eofauna members say? I do not know but these are images of just four hours. I cross my fingers.

ceratopsian

Everything Dinosaur posted on Facebook that they are expecting to have it in stock late May or June.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 08, 2018, 05:06:59 PM
Everything Dinosaur posted on Facebook that they are expecting to have it in stock late May or June.

If I see that we'll have to wait a little longer to get that beauty. You have to be patient, it's only three months.  :)

PhilSauria

Jason at Mini Zoo has updated their Eofauna page with more images of the new figure, plus dimensions, and it should be available from them in June. Link follows:
https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/eofauna/

ItsTwentyBelow

This Palaeoloxodon is truly superb. Would love to own it.

I need to get around to acquiring the steppe mammoth first!

Minmiminime

I resisted the mammoth (so far) but I've preordered this one from ED. I can't believe I'm actually going for a prehistoric elephant, I know absolutely nothing about them!! It's just so beautiful
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PhilSauria

Just looking at a couple of the latest images of this one; the attention to detail extends beyond the anatomy and finish right up to the way it has its head tilted slightly to one side, the way extant Elephants do when they walk. Really sells it for me - a must have.

Shonisaurus

It looks like a resin figure rather than PVC. It is a great figure of a prehistoric elephant by Eofauna.  8)

I'm looking forward to you starting to reveal news about your toy dinosaurs. If they are based on your book they will be great.  ;)

Syndicate Bias

MAKE A GIGANOTOSAURUS OR CARCHARODONTOSAURUS PLEASE, PAPO AND REBOR DONT WANNA

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: