News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna Steppe Mammoth PVC figure - Coming soon!

Started by Eofauna, August 16, 2017, 09:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Oh yeah - bring on the Dinosaurs!! If the quality of the one figure so far is anything to go by I can't wait for the Dinosaurs to appear, and especially sat up in my chair when I saw mention of 'big Sauropods"!, not necessarily that they will be large figures but that they will be looking at this species. Should be worth the wait.

Fembrogon

Quote from: Eofauna on March 01, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
The good is that the current Steppe mammoth at 1:35 scale would represent an average individual of nearly 4 m tall at the shoulders, and it looks great with our new model!
Am I misunderstanding something, or is a second Steppe mammoth figure being hinted at here?

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 01, 2018, 11:13:32 AM
I would also like a deinocheirus and spinosaurus based on their excellent paleoartistic representations of the book of Asier Larramendi Records and curiosities of the dinosaurs, their illustrations are fabulous and could be translated as they are from their franchise in PVC figures worthy for museum exhibitions, for scientists and collectors.
Speaking of this book, are there any plans to publish it in English? The previews I've seen look great, but since I can't speak Spanish, I think all content but the illustrations would be lost on me.  :-\

By the way, I'm delighted we have this contact with Eofauna here. Having direct interaction/influence with a high-quality line of merchandise is something I think all of us here on the forum greatly appreciate*. It's a real treat; thank you!

*perhaps especially with frustrations about the silence of some other brands recently...

Eofauna

Am I misunderstanding something, or is a second Steppe mammoth figure being hinted at here?

Sorry, our explanation was not the best. We mean that the Steppe Mammoth we have now in the market, as it is about 11.3 cm at the shoulders, at 1:35 it will be 396 cm, that is the average size for the Steppe Mammoth. The Steppe mammoth we have made is based on the largest specimen found that was 4.5 m at the shoulders, so at 1:40 would be 452 cm. Hope we could clarify the confusion.

QuoteSpeaking of this book, are there any plans to publish it in English? The previews I've seen look great, but since I can't speak Spanish, I think all content but the illustrations would be lost on me.  :-\

Yes, it will be published in English in February 2019. Moreover, we are currently working on the second volume which is about sauropods.

And you are more than welcome, we are very thankful to you because you help us to improve our figures.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Eofauna on March 02, 2018, 08:40:01 AM
Yes, it will be published in English in February 2019. Moreover, we are currently working on the second volume which is about sauropods.

Excellent news!  I will certainly buy it and the second one too when available.

Tim

Eofauna - to me, seeing as you appear to be dedicated to making accurate animals, I hope you stay to scale.  Even if sauropods cost more.  I hate to see things produced in the same line that are out of scale to one another.  So make giant 1/35 sauropods and tiny 1/35 raptors :). And every now and again, feel free to release a 'classic' animal as well.  Not all of us have been collecting forever.

Shonisaurus

QuoteSpeaking of this book, are there any plans to publish it in English? The previews I've seen look great, but since I can't speak Spanish, I think all content but the illustrations would be lost on me.  :-\

And you are more than welcome, we are very thankful to you because you help us to improve our figures.

From what I see eofauna is making a kind of illustrated encyclopedia of dinosaurs by dividing it by species. First they were the theropods, now they are projecting a sauropod book. I guess maybe over time they'll make a book of ornithopods.  8)

I hope that someday they will also make Paleozoic and Cenozoic books apart from books of other contemporary species of dinosaurs such as pterosaurs and marine reptiles.  :P

Halichoeres

@EoFauna: If you keep making things you love, I'm sure we'll all love them too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Hey EoFauna,

If I could make one suggestion, could you please give us some "understudies" (please forgive the term)  to the standard prehistoric fare? For example, instead of T. rex, give us a Tarbosaurus or a Zhuchengtyrannus. Instead of Triceratops, give us Torosaurus. Instead of Smilodon, give us Homotherium.

Thank you. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

Both volumes have gone straight onto my watch list and will be ordered when availabe, especially looking forward to the Sauropod volume.

Shonisaurus

Totally in agreement with the members of the forum as Suspsy

Eofauna, plagiarizing and paraphrasing the words of Suspsy I give several examples:

Instead of a tyrannosaurus make an albertosaurus

Instead of an oviraptor make a conchoraptor or a citipati

Instead of a struthiomimus make a garudimimus

Instead of a giganotosaurus make a tyrannotitan.

Instead of a velociraptor do a bambiraptor.

Instead of an ankylosaurus make a tarchia.

Instead of a woolly rhino make a teleoceras.

Instead of a megaloceros make a sivatherium

Instead of deinotherium make a tetralophodon

Instead of an iguanodon make a muttaburrasaurus

Instead of a gastornis, for example, make a titanis

Instead of a dodo make a moa

Instead of a pteranodon make a ludydactylus.

Instead of an anhanguera make a germanodacylus

Instead of a triceratops do a chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops or anchiceratops.

We definitely need new species in the toy market related to the prehistoric world.  :)

stargatedalek

I would say a lot of those are very poor examples, since, for example, even though Raphus has been made before (and not all that often actually) it has yet to have been made well outside of expensive statuettes. The same definitely goes for Pteranodon, Anhanguera, Struthiomimus, and Oviraptor, who despite being better represented than others, are still not represented well or all that often.

Reptilia

Quote from: Eofauna on March 01, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
Hi collectors!

We are happy to see the expectation for the new model. We read all your comments and we try to fulfil your wishes as far as possible. In this sense, we have decided to go for the 1:35 scale for future models (at least for Proboscideans and large theropods, big sauropods should be in 1:40). Considering that our Steppe mammoth is based on the largest specimen found, other medium-sized species would be quite small, so we finally decided to enlarge the scale. The good is that the current Steppe mammoth at 1:35 scale would represent an average individual of nearly 4 m tall at the shoulders, and it looks great with our new model!

Best!

Eofauna

Are you planning on giving your theropods articulated jaws?

Fembrogon

Hope we could clarify the confusion.
Gotcha; thanks.

QuoteYes, it will be published in English in February 2019. Moreover, we are currently working on the second volume which is about sauropods.
Yeessssss. I look forward to buying it!!

John

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 02, 2018, 10:03:51 PM
I would say a lot of those are very poor examples, since, for example, even though Raphus has been made before (and not all that often actually) it has yet to have been made well outside of expensive statuettes. The same definitely goes for Pteranodon, Anhanguera, Struthiomimus, and Oviraptor, who despite being better represented than others, are still not represented well or all that often.
I agree with this.Not all of us collect every single thing from every brand out there so I don't want to see anything like Pteranodon or even Triceratops NOT get made because they show often.In my mind,most of them are done too poorly to count for anything.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Eofauna

Hi!

Answering your doubts and suggestions. One of our main focus is to reproduce lesser-known species, but we will also perform some iconic prehistoric animals because as several of you pointed, we would like to make them accurately and our market is not only composed by collectors but kids and "common" people too.

Yes, our idea is to add articulated jaws to theropods.

Best!

Eofauna

tanystropheus

Shonisaurus

What I would like to know about Eofauna when the prehistoric elephant will be available. On the other hand, although I respect one hundred percent their artistic philosophy in my case I am not a supporter of theropods with jaws articulated sincerely and I say it with all my affection.  :)

Reptilia

Quote from: Eofauna on March 03, 2018, 08:49:21 AM
Hi!

Answering your doubts and suggestions. One of our main focus is to reproduce lesser-known species, but we will also perform some iconic prehistoric animals because as several of you pointed, we would like to make them accurately and our market is not only composed by collectors but kids and "common" people too.

Yes, our idea is to add articulated jaws to theropods.

Best!

Eofauna

Great, looking forward to see what you have in store for us! I'm sure you're going to be one of the top three brands, rivaling Collecta in the accuracy field, and Papo on sculpting detail. You actually have the potential to be the perfect synthesis of the two.

And if you're going to release a model every 5/6 months it'll be much easier, financially speaking, for people like me!  ;D

ceratopsian

I'm thrilled to hear about your plans for dinosaurs, especially that you will produce some of the more obscure species. I prefer non-theropods but that doesn't stop plenty of theropods getting onto my shelves. And although I prefer non-articulated jaws, their presence doesn't prevent me from buying a good model. At least I can then shut their jaws!  Frankly in view of the quality of your steppe mammoth I would be happy to buy whatever dinosaurs you produce.

Ravonium

Nice to hear that someone is finally going to make 1:40 sauropods, in the days where the big brands have pretty much stopped doing so.

Also very nice to know your main focus will be on obscure species. I personally passed on the Steppe Mammoth because for me, one hairy elephant in my collection is enough, and am probably going to pass on the naked elephant as well, but I will probably end up getting most of your obscure dinosaurs, especially your sauropods, since you appear to be the only PVC manufacturer willing to make them in 1:40 scale  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: