You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New 1:35 Giganotosaurus PVC figure from China

Started by Simon, September 17, 2017, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Simon is impressive and exciting that Giganotosaurus far surpasses the PNSO Tyrannosaurus Wilson in terms of quality and precision and is immense. He is a great figure that when he arrives at the online stores he will replace the absence of this year of the giganotosaurus of Papo with spades.

He is a great figure! And it's immense! A great work of art.  8)

It is desirable one hundred percent.  :P

The only thing I regret is that maybe I have sustainability problems, but nevertheless the figure is very nice.

John

That is a very impressive Giganotosaurus model!If you don't think it's great,then you just don't like dinosaurs! :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

danmalcolm

Man it's the perfect size! Wilson is around 1:30 too, they're a great pair. (Wilson is based on Stan, so at 40cm long along the spine he might even be bigger than 1:30)

Syndicate Bias

Damn I wish I had the budget right now for it. Hopefully a likmited edition will be around by late January I hope to god. I was hoping for a giganotosaurus from papo but this one seems too good to pass on I just wish I had some to spare. Time to hustle hahaha

Simon

One more low-res photo from my (half) smart phone  ;)

Both are magnificent figures ... I'd have to say that Tat's sculpting is more lifelike than Zhang's here (that is NOT a knock on Zhang, but more of a compliment of Tat's work!).  The material used by Vitae is softer, lighter, and - paradoxically - captures crisper, sharper detail than the heavy PVC used by PNSO.

So far the balance is absolutely perfect and there is no need for a clear support rod that "Wilson" requires.  That may change in the SPring as temperatures rise, but the Giganotosaur is balanced just perfectly on the massive (and amazingly detailed) base.  That base makes "Wilson's" base look like child's work!!

Syndicate Bias

Any word on which other retailers will have vitae barns soon?

ITdactyl

Simon, your pictures make it look like they were made for each other (re: Wilson). :D

Please stop poisoning me.

I kid.  You didn't have to do much.  Sold.  I'm starting 2018 broke due to saurians....

Syndicate Bias

I have a question. Did you guys track your packages? Mine was set to mail Dec 5 so I know hk delivery takes a while so anyone know how long theirs took. Of course I'm talking work days since weekends aren't counted. But lemme know what day it got sent and arrived so I can expect when

tyrantqueen

They are indeed gorgeous. Too big for me though :P

KeU

Quote from: SyndicateBias on December 15, 2017, 08:32:34 AM
I have a question. Did you guys track your packages? Mine was set to mail Dec 5 so I know hk delivery takes a while so anyone know how long theirs took. Of course I'm talking work days since weekends aren't counted. But lemme know what day it got sent and arrived so I can expect when

Yea, mine has been in transit since Dec 8th.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: John on December 14, 2017, 10:39:41 PM
That is a very impressive Giganotosaurus model!If you don't think it's great,then you just don't like dinosaurs! :)

I totally agree with you in my case, for example, if I do not like that preciousness of giganotosaurus Vitate that surpasses that of PNSO I have neither heart nor brain

It is a must buy in my case and I hope you have it soon in the online companies to buy it for cheaper prices in fact, shop.modellpferdeversand. He told me he would have it in his store in both versions. I hope it's true. I prefer to wait and buy it in my case in a company where the package is not held by customs for an exaggerated time nor does it require monetary fees.

danmalcolm

Quote from: John on December 14, 2017, 10:39:41 PM

My buddy and I had a good laugh at this.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 18, 2017, 05:17:02 AM
Very nice looking figure. When the PNSO version comes out, we'll have no shortage of excellent Giganotosaurus figures, but the only really good Carcharodontosaurus is the Safari, which is just a little small for my taste. Maybe Vitae or PNSO can tackle that one next.

Someone asked cheung and he said a carcha for 2019 maybe since it's too soon for it the to the giga

KeU

Maybe a Sue Tyrannosaurus to match up against this giant Giganotosaurus. Wilson is getting overwhelmed.

Syndicate Bias

God the wait is killing me. Transit since Dec 8th I hope it arrives Saturday or Monday otherwise next week at least..

Simon

SHADOWS OF THE NIGHT ..... NORTH MEETS SOUTH 8)

Syndicate Bias

KeU

Hahaha, impatient for mine too. But I'm liking Simon's photos. Shadows of the night is great.

Shonisaurus

Under a video of Spinodude relative to the giganotosaurus of Vitate. It's fantastic, but I see that it only stays with the metal supports (ie screws attached to the base). I hope it's interesting. It looks fantastic and very realistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu5nsdFIisc

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 16, 2017, 07:54:55 PM
..but I see that it only stays with the metal supports (ie screws attached to the base).

My Giga can stand perfectly without any help.. (and they aren't screws but pegs..).
Probably the Giga will need some help during next summer time...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: