News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Feedback Thread

Started by Takama, March 15, 2012, 02:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baryonyx

Thank you very much for the positive feedback S @SidB and indeed for the Battat Edmontonia, which is superb. It was much the same experience for me and I am thoroughly pleased, thank you!

Shonisaurus

My five stars to Jason from Minizoo. The Collecta package of dinosaurs finally arrived after several months and in perfect condition, it came by sea line and I am aware and understanding that said package was delayed so long, it was not because of Minizoo but because of the tragedy of the pandemic in coronavirus that unfortunately has taken the lives of so many people throughout the world (and continues to do so) and that is generating so much economic disaster and poverty in the world as if it were a curse against humanity metaphorically speaking, of course .

I said my five points to Jason from Minizoo. I can get used to the idea how long the Nanmu Studio mosasaurus that I ordered from the POP Shack Store will take, but the good and the bad in life always come.

DinoObsessed

Positive feedback for Halichoeres. He sold me the diplodocus from battat.

Halichoeres

And a positive for avatar_DinoObsessed @DinoObsessed! Thanks again
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

My five stars to Mike and Sue from everythingdinosaur. I have been sent Rebor's titanoboa as a gift for the purchase of the third version of the PNSO tyrannosaurus nicknamed Wilson. I canceled the order for titanoboa due to my father's illness and death, alluding to family reasons among others and what is my surprise that they sent me today as a gift that wonderful figure with a written note that says the following: and that I reproduce literally

"Hi Manuel
I know you wanted to cancel Rebor titanoboa things have been difficult for go many people over the last few month. We appreciated the support of our loyal customer.

This was goint to be model but i gift it to you

Best wishes "

Everythingdinosaur is the world's best online dinosaur store.

ceratopsian

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. What a lovely gesture from Mike and Sue.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian They have certainly been very good people, taking into account that this figure could be sold for a more than acceptable price and even offered to another client or resold, making huge profits. This is one of the reasons why I consider everythingdinosaur to be the best prehistoric dinosaur toy and model store in the world. No company has behaved with me in this way. All the other companies are very good in their cordial and humane treatment with me, but honestly everythingdinosaur is positively out of the ordinary.

BlueKrono

That is truly wonderful. I've never bought from them before, but now I'd love to give them my business. Their prices are already reasonable, and it's heartening to hear they take care of their customers.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

SidB

This is a wonderful story. Generally speaking, folk are a lot quicker to complain than to praise. This is praise of a high order and is well deserved, as those of us who have had to do with ED know.. Frequently good deeds go unreported or are rapidly forgotten. Not this one. Well done, Shonisaurus, for sharing this with us. The whole community is edified.

brettnj

Extreme warning and negative feedback for Andres Salinas Fernandez, an individual who came to me via the STS and is pending being banned from that site at the time of my typing this.

The administration here gave me permission to address what he did publicly whether or not he is a member of this forum. I'm still waiting to hear back if he is and will update with that information if it's the case.

This individual, from Madrid, Spain, (Those of our many international buyers who are members here will understand this...) cost my source and me several hundred dollars (not simply didn't pay us that amount but cost us that amount), and that's well before any lost profits, in total approximately $450(!).

My best estimation is that he joined the STS as SerAndrew and used the name Andres. Then, after stopping communication with me after I requested payment, he stopped logging in with that ID and created another, Wonderfish (He requested mostly fish figures from us.) and went by the name Adri.

He then e-mailed me from a separate account (with the same exact name and the same IP address), presenting himself as someone else(!), indicating that he wanted to buy (more) items from us(!) and attempting to clarify the exact detail he misunderstood the first go round that likely led to his not paying us.

(Both versions of) this individual referenced the same two esoteric figure subjects (and only those in one case (two of three in the other)), one publicly on the STS and the other by asking my source in Japan to save the searches for them.

Even as I reached out to him at both addresses and presented to the more recent that I was potentially trying to help him if someone on his end was scamming him, he was hostile, vulgar, accusatory, erratic, etc. He never showed any empathy for our situation nor asked any questions nor expressed any concern about someone sending mails from his IP address using his name.

For whatever it's worth--clearly nothing to him--I exchanged over 300 e-mails with this person educating and guiding him through collecting Japanese figures. And he does this.

I've warned eBay about him and will be calling Paypal next. I'll then be notifying my mailing list to warn those with whom I do business and perhaps get some telling information if anyone on it knows him. I'll update if that happens as well.

Similarly, if anyone here has any information regarding this person that might help us (or anyone in any of these forums), please let me know publicly here or privately via PM.

Thanks and I'm sorry to have to do this.
Brett

It occurs to me just after sending this that I recently had someone contact me based upon a referral from one of the forums asking to buy Kaiyodo/possibly other Japanese figures from us.  While the above person was not happy with our fees(!?!), the detail the person above asked about when he first contacted us from the second address was just that, and the person I just thought about was incredulous that we expected him to pay more in fees than the prices of some figures, despite the fact that any prices outside Japan, and certainly including eBay, virtually always far exceeded ours.

The extreme lack of logic in that analysis makes me question whether that might be another version of this individual. I'll try to research it and note if there's another ID in play but I'm not sure there are enough keywords to narrow down and find those mails.

And I was already informed that one other individual had a (far less severe) problem with this person.

SidB

Very sorry to hear that you've gone through this ordeal , Brett, especially in light of the considerable services that you've rendered to members of this forum. Tough to encounter a sociopath/ parasite as this individual may well be. In an utterly different context, among the hundreds of fine students that I hired over the years  I recollect one character that styled herself "the Big L." She loved to sabotage riding mowers and the like, in hopes that someone would suffer an accident, which she expected to observe. There are those sorts. Too bad that a bell can't be attached to them to give others advanced warning. Hopefully your notifications will save others from a bad experience.

brettnj

Thanks, Sid (And Good Lord re: your student...)

It's a very unfortunate thing. I had to write about him publicly in multiple locations and anyone (including prospective business contacts) performing an on-line search of his name will see what he has done and to what extents he went to do it.

He is young and I don't like doing that to someone.

I'd still like to email him and remind him of that so that he might reconsider and pay us and I could delete the feedback. I'd still have warned many collectors privately via email so the public part doesn't need to remain. But I know from his behavior thus far that he will not respond well if at all to my doing that.

He is so extremely defensive that he won't express that as anything other than me trying to manipulate him and he'll spite himself to maintain the lie.

I'm very angry for my source and for me but I'm sad for him too.

Shonisaurus

It is a shame that such an individual belongs to my nation and to my city, fortunately many of the Spanish and Madrilenians are honest people, but it gives a terrible image of my nation that fortunately as I have already pointed out in a considerably majority part that individual does not represent us.

I sympathize with you Brett and I sincerely feel ashamed of that person who has caused so much economic and human harm to you. Hopefully you can get your money back and above all, do not send from now on, or order any of your figures yourself or Emiko from Japan or the USA if the client has not deposited the money in your account. You can not trust anymore. My unconditional support for a good professional and a better person than you are. Hopefully you can get your money back, it's not fair what happened to you.

brettnj

Hey Manuel.

His actions speak only of himself--no one else and certainly not your country.

Thanks for the kind words--and for teaching me that those from Madrid are referred to as Madrilenians...

Those from New Jersey are called, well, all sorts of bad things...  ;  )

Brett

Shonisaurus

My five stars for the POP Shack Store, even if I'm not on the forum. The treatment given to the customer by this endearing store is exquisite and I am totally grateful. In the end, their figures arrive. Aliexpress is slow but their orders are reliable and I am aware of why packages from Australia and Asia (China and Japan) take so long. My mosasaurus Nanmu finally arrived.

SidB

A sincere thanks to M @Mightyjptrex for his offer of a genuine black/blue Favorite T-rex at a very reasonable price.It's a figure for which I've been searching for several years and it just arrived today. Greatly appreciated.

Nimravus

Excellent service as usual by Brett, my Saurolophus from Kanna Center and the new Favorite Soft figures (Pachycephalosaurus, Diplodocus & Iguanodon) arrived last week sound and safe. Many thanks.
PD. We will miss Emiko

SidB

Quote from: Nimravus on September 08, 2020, 11:37:26 PM
Excellent service as usual by Brett, my Saurolophus from Kanna Center and the new Favorite Soft figures (Pachycephalosaurus, Diplodocus & Iguanodon) arrived last week sound and safe. Many thanks.
PD. We will miss Emiko
I'd like to echo these sentiments - just received my package containing the six new Favorite "soft" figures. Looking forward to liberating them, at least temporarily, from their protective packaging.

Georassic

Positive thumbs-up for avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono and avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Thanks, gents! I'm always happy to send figures to new DTF homes!

DinoToyForum

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: