News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Feedback Thread

Started by Takama, March 15, 2012, 02:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Our thanks to everyone who commented on the service we provide avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur your comments are greatly appreciated.

Halichoeres

Positive for kevonewhook!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

kevonewhook

Super super positive for Halichoeres!  Helped me secure a mint Papo Trex 55052 for my growing collection! I'm new to the Forum, and it was my first time doing something like this, and Halichoeres made it a wonderful and easy experience. Thanks Halichoeres.

RobinGoodfellow

I'd like to share with DTF my recent surreal experience with Modellpferdeversand.de , a web-store from Germany.

Just a quick introduction:
My collection is quite large and I dealt with stores all around the world (from Europe, Russia, Asia, America, Australia). I'm not a newbie on that.
I really like to shop with german stores like Urzeitshop (Mr. Miron, the owner, is an extremely kind and responsive person) or Spielzeug-guenstig.de.
And I'd been shopping with Modellpferdeversand since 2015 (with quite big orders..).

Last year I received a wrong item from them (it was just at the beginning of the pandemic era).
I sent an email to Modellpferdeversand to inform the store.
I received an "over-the-line" reply saying things like "..errors may occur, we're all humans.." and words like these ( ??? ????? ).
But not a single "sorry"..
I was surprised but I did not send any reply (I just thought they were hard times for all of us).

Maybe in April 2021 I did a pre-order about the 2 vintage Rex from Rebor. Expected release time: September 2021.
On mid July 2021 I saw those items sold on Aliexpress.
So I sent an email to Modellpferdeversand saying please NOT ship orders during August because I was on vacation (and kindly wait until September to ship).
Modellpferdeversand just replied with a simple "message received".
On mid August I received an automatic email saying that my items were shipped.
Immediately I sent an email asking why.
They replied that I never requested a delayed shipping.
I sent a screenshot about the Modellpferdeversand "message received".
Again they did not send a single "sorry" but just a generic tracking infos email.
So I had to contact DHL personally (wasting my time due to an error they did).
My order was stored in a DHL storage-house and, on September, I had to waste other time to collect my order from the storage miles away from me..

On October I did my last order from Modellpferdeversand (Mojo Smilodon + extant animals).
Again I received a wrong item.
I sent an email saying that I received again a wrong item.
The reply was incredible.
They said that the right item would be sent but THEY WON'T ACCEPT NEW ORDERS FROM ME.
What ?   :o
They did several mistakes about orders and then I'm banned from buying on Modellpferdeversand (......).
I was astonished by such a reply.

Modellpferdeversand is just a small web-store and there are several on the web offering same items so it's not a loss at all to me.
But it was the most surreal experience I had  with a store ever.

Big thumb down for them.
A rude customers-care service and a totally negative feedback from a long time buyer.  >:(

Lanthanotus

Aww, I feel sorry for you avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow, that is really incomprehensible and customer unfriendly, no questions. Am glad I cannot share this experience with this shop as of now.

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus : As I wrote, I'd been a client on that shop since 2015 without problems.
Now something has changed.
I simply told about my recent experience with them (to be precise, with the lady/owner of the store).
And even before the "ban", I already made the decision I would not be a client in the future anymore..
Errors may happen but I really don't like rudeness at all.
Kind Regards
:)

SidB

Extraordinarily foolish behavior on their part, to be sure. But at the end of the day, they are and will be the losers, forfeiting your substantial business.

ceratopsian

How unpleasant!  My guess is that it won't be just RobinGoodfellow's custom they lose, as others here will note their appalling attitude and order elsewhere.

Lanthanotus

A very big positive for avatar_irimali @irimali for a very pleasant experience for commissioned art work :)

Lanthanotus

Positive for avatar_Lone Trike @Lone Trike for fast shipping of the tremendous model of his Dimetrodon :)

Flaffy

Positive for avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur for yet another smooth transaction! They were very helpful in helping me inspect the models before shipping them out.

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for the mention Flaffy, all the best from all of us avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur

Libraraptor

Crackington

Big thumbs up to J @japfeif for his advice on Marx figures I recently (and luckily!) purchased, which then led me to buy his Dinosaur Playsets book. It's arrived in record time from the USA to the UK! I'm looking forward to diving in, it looks a great read!

japfeif

Quote from: Crackington on January 12, 2022, 12:12:49 AM
Big thumbs up to J @japfeif for his advice on Marx figures I recently (and luckily!) purchased, which then led me to buy his Dinosaur Playsets book. It's arrived in record time from the USA to the UK! I'm looking forward to diving in, it looks a great read!

Excellent!! I'm shocked at how fast it got from Little Rock AR in the US to you over in the UK!!! What, 5 days??
It's taken longer than that for a package I sent to my family one state away to make it there! haha

And thanks again for purchasing the book...I hope you enjoy it and find it useful!!!
best, Jeff

Duna

Shonisaurus

Five stars to avatar_Duna @Duna , UKRD's 11-pack of dinosaurs arrived in perfect condition. Very appetizing dinosaurs for any collector, at least I like them and with a cheap price. Highly recommended to buy from Duna.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Georassic

Always happy to deal with avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres!
Also, another positive for avatar_brettnj @brettnj and Dejankins, two of my oldest, most reliable sources!

SidB

Positive for Andy of A @Andysdinosaurreviews for his purchase of a Safari Carnegie Wooly Mammoth from me and smooth communications and payment.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: