News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minmiminime

It's definitely a shame, but at least CollectA do to some extent. Well, with Tyrannosaurus, at least...same for Schleich! I can dream ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

hao_bao

New additions!

The despised Amargasaurus - it's much smaller than I was expecting. The worst scale to date.

The baby Spinosaurus - works fine with the adult.

The Iguanodon - good scale with the other cretaceous herbivores.

The Therizinosaurus - squaring off against the soon to be upgraded Acro.

I ordered from Everything Dinosaur again and was very impressed with their service. Also cheaper than Wonderland Models.

Minmiminime

Thanks for posting these pics, hao_bao! The Iguanodon looks surprisingly lovely, the Theri is exquisite, the juvenile Spinosaurus is more colourful than I expected, and the Amargasaurus is every bit as goofy as feared 😹

Mine were delivered today, but I wasn't in and apparently neither were any of my neighbours, so I'll have to fly along to our local post depot first thing in the morning before work to collect them
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Faelrin

H @hao_bao Really nice pictures. I'm surprised at how nice the Iguanodon and Parasaurolophus look together. It must be the striping, and that they are sized nicely together. The Acrocanthosaurus and Therizinosaurus almost look made for each other.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

The truth is that the Papo therizinosaurus is one of the best figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of this year 2018.

The iguanodon does not have to envy other companies is great.

Thank you for the Hao Bao photographs, thank you for sharing, these two figures are fabulous.

SidB

Amargasaurus with binocular vision? Strange.

tanystropheus

Quote from: hao_bao on May 16, 2018, 08:16:52 PM
New additions!

The despised Amargasaurus - it's much smaller than I was expecting. The worst scale to date.

Why does that Amarga look like it is ashamed to be seen in public?

PhilSauria

Hah! Exactly the thought that I had prior to scrolling down to your caption under the image. Talk about an appropriate display / non display for this one. Has 'peg-warmer' written all over it. Bad timing for Papo to drop the ball on a figure when there are so many strong releases from the various brands this year to throw money at.

PhilSauria

Kathrin has just done an unboxing over at You Tube of some of the new Papos. Her commentary is in German (which I only understand a few words of) but it was amusing to hear her mix of German and English exclamations on seeing each figure - especially the Therizinosaur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJm3LD9k08g

stegosauria

Am I the only one who think the new Papo Iguanodon resembles to Aladar from Disney's Dinosaur movie from 2000?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stegosauria on May 17, 2018, 12:25:06 PM
Am I the only one who think the new Papo Iguanodon resembles to Aladar from Disney's Dinosaur movie from 2000?

Although I like Papo's iguanodon it also reminds me of the Disney iguanodon version I said in the past.

dragon53

Her videos make me wonder how many female dinosaur model collectors there are.

Mini Minmi

Probably a heck of a lot more than the general public expects. Like for video game or table top RPG players. :p It's far from being exclusively masculine hobbies but the first image people think of when imagining someone partaking in these activities is rarely female, regardless of reality.

Syndicate Bias

Well there's victorias cantina...i only know her and now this one. Honestly i only know like 3 male dino youtubers like jurassic collectables and forget the other two. Jurassic collectables being my main but sometimes i cannot help but feel like some of his rebor videos he never says any bad things about rebor dinosaur flaws but is open about papo like the iguanodon and brachiosaurus reviews.

terrorchicken

Quote from: dragon53 on May 17, 2018, 03:36:11 PM
*raises hand shyly*
O:-)

Ravonium

Quote from: dragon53 on May 17, 2018, 03:36:11 PM

Two of the top posters of all time on this forum (as of 17/05/2018) are female.

Minmiminime

I've considered doing YouTube reviews before, but I'm a bit shy..! It's a peculiarity that many folk on social media simply assume I'm male because of my dinosaur infatuation. But I'm not. I'm also pretty old, but I'll never give up my dinosaurs again :P

I picked up my Iguanodon and Therizinosaurus today, so the box was awaiting me when I got home. I'm absolutely delighted with them, but I'm most surprised at how much I actually like the Iguanodon. I'm greatly looking forward to having a bit of time where I can really just sit and appreciate them both! Among Papo's finest, for sure ^-^

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 17, 2018, 03:20:16 PM
Quote from: stegosauria on May 17, 2018, 12:25:06 PM

Although I like Papo's iguanodon it also reminds me of the Disney iguanodon version I said in the past.

That's because they are both on the stocky side of the spectrum...
The Papo Iguano appears to be inspired by the Bullyland version.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Minmiminime on May 17, 2018, 08:08:15 PM
I've considered doing YouTube reviews before, but I'm a bit shy..! It's a peculiarity that many folk on social media simply assume I'm male because of my dinosaur infatuation.

If you are shy, you can wear a dinosaur mask. That way you can remain anonymous throughout the video reviews.

Reptilia

Judging by hao_bao's photos seems like the juvenile Spinosaurus have already changed from the original production runs. Mine doesn't have that spray of violet on the sail, the yellow markings aren't that many, and wears no eyeshadow. Papo is now adapting the young version to the current adult Spinosaurus they have in production, makes sense. And yes, the Iguanodon is basically a decartoonized version of Aladar. It is growing on me a lot, I suspect that once I'll have it in hand I'll be totally in love with this figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: