News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

I'm getting accustomed to the Iguanodon's articulated jaw, doesn't seem to detract to the overall figure's appearance as much as I initially thought. Still I hope Papo won't replicate this feature on future herbivores, especially on ceratopsians. Back to the Iguanodon, I think I'm also starting to prefer Papo's to the Collecta version. The Collecta one is very elegant, but a little too skinny, while I love the muscular feel on Papo's. Colour scheme is better too, here on the Papo model. I don't regret at all having ordered this guy alongside the Acrocanthosaurus and Therizinosaurus, can't wait to get my hands on them!

Minmiminime

I hope they don't replicate it, too. Hopefully they've listened to their fans about this one (and about that abominable Amargasaurus). But as a big fan of Iguanodon I'm just delighted that they've managed to capture the essence of what an incredibly sturdy and powerfully built animal it was! I love looking at mounts of its skeleton; it was built like a buffalo, not a racehorse, and must have been a very impressive animal indeed ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

I like the color of the iguanodon. I have to admit that Papo's dinosaur colors are the ideal ones in the sense that they are very conservative and monochrome, which makes their anatomical details stand out.

Being painted simply the iguanodon makes it very attractive for a collector. It only remains to reveal news about Papo's quetzalcoatlus and compsognathus. I have ample hope that Papo's quetzalcoatlus will be a spectacular figure.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 09, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

Being painted simply the iguanodon makes it very attractive for a collector. It only remains to reveal news about Papo's quetzalcoatlus and compsognathus. I have ample hope that Papo's quetzalcoatlus will be a spectacular figure.

I remember that there is a pterosaur expert that absolutely hated the Quetz (calling it "gargoyle-esque"). Is there a counter-opinion? Any pterosaur experts that absolutely love the Papo Quetz?

Syndicate Bias

I think he said the stance was toolow and hunched over and something about it wings similar to the allo being pronated or something. I dont know though i only know about carcharodontosaurids lol

Patrx

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 09, 2018, 07:06:00 PM
Any pterosaur experts that absolutely love the Papo Quetz?

I certainly don't recall hearing from any.

Reptilia

I remember that there is a pterosaur expert that absolutely hated the Quetz (calling it "gargoyle-esque"). Is there a counter-opinion? Any pterosaur experts that absolutely love the Papo Quetz?

No, just the usual bashing!  :))

Atokensis

Concavenator

Quote from: Patrx on May 09, 2018, 07:39:47 PM
Any pterosaur experts that absolutely love the Papo Quetz?

I certainly don't recall hearing from any.
I agree,  I don't think any expert would like/reccomend that model because it is not an accurate take on a pterosaur

Dimitar_E

MoarCrossovers

So when do Compy and Quetz come out?

SidB

Quote from: Dimitar_E on May 12, 2018, 09:01:33 PM
And the new Acro

https://youtu.be/Xgj8j7opkQo
Fabulous presentation! Especially love the face-to-face confrontation, backed up with that soundtrack.

Reptilia

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on May 12, 2018, 10:28:41 PM

Maybe september? Everything Dinosaur should have a rough date for when they'll have these models in stock, might worth email them to ask. And is it just the lighting or the Acrocanthosaurus has a sort of golden sheen? Anybody already owning the figure can tell?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on May 13, 2018, 12:49:05 AM
Quote from: MoarCrossovers on May 12, 2018, 10:28:41 PM

Maybe september? Everything Dinosaur should have a rough date for when they'll have these models in stock, might worth email them to ask. And is it just the lighting or the Acrocanthosaurus has a sort of golden sheen? Anybody already owning the figure can tell?

I understand that they will go out in the online stores in September since in October they are received in the physical stores. So it will be necessary to wait for the quetzalcoatlus and compsognathus until September, as it has happened in previous years for example with the dimorphodon and smilodon of Papo 2017.

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Mini Minmi

Woohoo! My order has been placed and now I play the waiting game. Good thing I just got a display case even though it's already quite crowded in there.  :P

Syndicate Bias

If they dont run out i should be able to order in a few hours or a couple of days for those two.  Argh

Minmiminime

If you email them they may be able to reserve them for you? They're really good like that ^-^

DragonRider02

Just ordered Theri! Can't wait for it to arrive! I wish I had more money on my PayPal I would then order some New CollectAs...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: