News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Hmm one second it was I'm everything dinosaurs papo reveal OK fb I'll get a better link

PumperKrickel

deleted

Syndicate Bias

No giganotosaurini includes three individuals, Giganotosaurus, Tyrannotitan and Mapusaurus. Of which papo might have the giga or mapu considering the tyrannotitan is not as popular even though I'd prefer it tbh we need the first tyrannotitan for once

Syndicate Bias

Whether its a giga or the other two. We won't be waiting long, just one day to go

SpartanSquat

I think is going to be Tyrannotitan. Remember the Allosaurus was based in Brett Booth one. And the minifigure was based in Booth Tyrannotitan

stargatedalek

I could actually do with a high quality Indominus. I probably wouldn't buy it otherwise honestly, unless it's a huge change in design style (which I see no reason to suspect).

PhilSauria

FYI posting those Facebook links pretty much eludes those who are not on Facebook and do not intend to join up. Maybe a screen cap or some other means of general access. Guess I'll just have to wait until whatever this is turns up outside of FB.

Rain

Quote from: PhilSauria on November 24, 2017, 01:37:51 AM
FYI posting those Facebook links pretty much eludes those who are not on Facebook and do not intend to join up. Maybe a screen cap or some other means of general access. Guess I'll just have to wait until whatever this is turns up outside of FB.

PhilSauria

Thanks; much appreciated. And of course I meant 'excludes' and not 'eludes', though come to think of it... Now to see what tomorrow brings, eh.

Faelrin

Just when I was thinking Papo had revealed everything. I can't wait to see what it is.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

empire3569

Quote from: Rain on November 24, 2017, 01:46:05 AM
Quote from: PhilSauria on November 24, 2017, 01:37:51 AM

Does anyone else think he is referring to CollectA releasing a Giganotosaurus tomorrow and not Papo? Tomorrow is supposed to be the last CollectA release, and there was already a big post about all the Papos... I'm not holding my breath for any more Papo figures this year, although i would be pleasantly surprised if true

sauroid

i hope this is THE finale/showstopper release from Papo for next year, just to neutralize the disappointing other 2018 releases.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It would be great news that Papo launched another novelty in this case the giganotosaurus, mapusaurus or tyrannotitan.

On the other hand and without the intention of offending anyone, although I like paleontologically correct toy figures more and many times I have been very critical to companies like Papo, especially last year, I do not think the therizinosaurus and iguanodon disappointing launches, more when we are two figures that we wanted members of the forum, and whose therizinosaurus is a pretty cool figure in the toy dinosaur market.

And although I agree with many of the members of the forum that Papo 2018's amargasaurus is quite disappointing, that does not mean that Papo also folded into the demands of the forum members.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: sauroid on November 24, 2017, 05:08:47 AM
i hope this is THE finale/showstopper release from Papo for next year, just to neutralize the disappointing other 2018 releases.

I really hope you're wrong, otherwise imma have to settle for the vitae giganotosaurus for now. I really don't wanna hope too much for papo but if its collecta then dear god I hope its half decent

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 23, 2017, 11:40:11 PM
You have to have a Facebook account to enter there. I do not visualize it either, you would have to register.

The link doesn't even work with a Facebook account.

Syndicate Bias

Meant to quote the guy talking about the collecta giga where did the news of them releasing one come from?

sauroid

Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 24, 2017, 06:22:40 AM

I really hope you're wrong, otherwise imma have to settle for the vitae giganotosaurus for now. I really don't wanna hope too much for papo but if its collecta then dear god I hope its half decent
i guess you didnt understand what i said. i was hoping the next Papo release for 2018 would really be awesome (whether it's a Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus or whatever) so that the previous disappointments wouldn't have as much effect.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: sauroid on November 24, 2017, 06:58:31 AM
Quote from: SyndicateBias on November 24, 2017, 06:22:40 AM

i guess you didnt understand what i said. i was hoping the next Papo release for 2018 would really be awesome (whether it's a Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus or whatever) so that the previous disappointments wouldn't have as much effect.

Oh I said in a comment below that I meant to quote the other user who said that there's a collecta giga coming soon. Sadly a carcharodontosaurus would be cool but unlikely from papo for now that is. They referred to the reveal as giganotosaurini which only has tyrannotitan, giganotosaurus, and mapusaurus. So I hope its papo honestly. As for a good carcharodontosaurus the mo models one for 300 dollars is amazing but expensive, kinda wish carcharodontosaurus had more love 

sauroid

let's all hope for a "killer" Giga figure from Papo...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: