News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

its not super bendable but it is bendable enough for it to move side to side when you try to stand it up. by all means its not a deal breaker but i keel mine in its plastic thingy like i do with my rebor dinosaurs and some papos. not bendable enough for falls but lets just say it needs perfect ground level to stand without issues, well just perfect levelled surfaces

Shonisaurus

I honestly do not have fortunately almost complaints with the giganotosaurus Vitate and it is much better to see it in person than in photographs, perhaps the only thing I have observed of this figure is that its texture is rough and that it is prone to abrasions without falling. On the other hand I am not a follower of the theropods with articulated jaws and in this case you can give of yourself by forcing yourself in excess.

In the rest the figure is beautifully made and is one of the best giganotosaurus of dinosaur toy brands and competes with companies like the disappeared Carnegie and Safari alike.  8)

On the other hand it is a dinosaur that you can have for sure that if you fall off a shelf you will not have to regret a break in its legs, as they are not as rigid as in other toy dinosaur companies. I value that a lot in a brand of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals in general.  :)

Halichoeres

The material is not PVC, it's TPR (thermoplastic rubber or thermoplastic elastomer), which is a mixture of a plastic like polyurethane or polystyrene and rubber. So yes, more pliable than PVC. Not sure how or if it affects durability.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Syndicate Bias

nothing wrong with pliability more so its not a harder plastic that rebor or papo use

ImADinosaurRARR

https://www.facebook.com/173557513192438/videos/227726687775520/

Vitae just posted a preview of their Suchomimus. I've held off on Vitae until now, but I have to say that, along with their Zhejiangopterus, I might just have to give in and get these sculpts  ;D

Minmiminime

Ooh, that's a beauty! I just hope that they get better distribution soon, though the high costs put me off, too
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

KeU

Any word on what material will be used for the Suchomimus?

Reptilia

It certainly looks like a big improvement over their Giganotosaurus. I don't see how it will be able to stand without a permanent base though.

Halichoeres

In a reply to a FB comment, they estimated that the Suchomimus would be released at the end of the year. Not sure whether that means it will leapfrog already-previewed releases, or if they really expect to release all the other things they've teased before then.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

From my point of view it is a figure that is finished according to the prototype, what worries me is its stability. It has an articulated jaw because of what I have learned, which gives me some hope that it will be made of PVC.

mgaguilar

Ah! They use Z-Brush. I love that program for modelling. You can't get those complex organic textures too easily mapped on other programs.

Syndicate Bias

saw their post, I think I'll wait until their final.product considering their giganotosaurus was not living up to expectations in some areas

mgaguilar

@Syndicate Bias I am disheartened that the later models will experience such a decline in quality. I know if happens often with other companies, but I had high hopes for the Giga until I saw recent models.
Must be the same with this guy.

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 23, 2018, 06:42:03 PM
From my point of view it is a figure that is finished according to the prototype, what worries me is its stability. It has an articulated jaw because of what I have learned, which gives me some hope that it will be made of PVC.

The Majungasaurus apparently also has a jaw articulated by what I have seen in the photos and it is also made of resin, therefore, I do not believe that the material from which each figure will be made is an indicator of whether or not they will have an articulated jaw.

Anyway it is a guess, if you have any other information about it please tell me.

Nimravus

Does anyone know if Modellpferdversand will sell more Vitae models, other than the Giganotosaurus?
Cheers

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on March 24, 2018, 01:19:23 PM
Does anyone know if Modellpferdversand will sell more Vitae models, other than the Giganotosaurus?
Cheers

Surfing the Internet I have observed that they sell the majungasaurus and the sinoceratops Vitae in shop.modellpferdeversand.de I pass the link.

http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Vitae-Figuren:::947.html

They are now available to all those interested in Europe and America.

Nimravus

Those are completely brand new articles! I have been checking their web since they issued the Giganotosaurus, and finally they have added two new ones!
Great, although I will have to start saving money for them!  ???
Thanks for the info.

Reptilia

Oh my, the prices!

Minmiminime

:o Very expensive! That Sinoceratops is beautiful, but the texture of the head looks a bit like...whipped egg white, all pulled up into little peaks, it's an odd effect. Not sure about the front feet, either! I definitely don't love it enough to take the plunge at that price, but still...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: