News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Vitae's releases so far haven't been appealing to me.  I'm not interested in having fossil replicas, especially not ones cut down in size, and Giganotosaurus, Majungasaurus and Sinoceratops are not species I find particularly interesting.  On top of that, I'm not interested in having resin figures.

When the models Vitae was making were shown months ago in those lists, I found the selection unappealing for a number of reasons.  Now that Vitae is making a Suchomimus though, that removes the main problem I had which was a lack of species I'm very interested in.  The models that interest me are the Suchomimus, the Sinraptor which always looked nice to me, the Shunosaurus, and the Lufengosaurus.  It looks like the Lufengosaurus might be in a mirrored pose to one of the animals in the picture below the model.  I hope the Lufengosaurus model won't be quadrupedal.

Halichoeres

Apparently the Zhejiangopterus isn't shown because of a production delay, which is a shame because that was one of the ones I was most excited about. But there's still plenty here to like in my book, especially the marine reptiles and the ornithischians.

I also hope the Lufengosaurus is not quadrupedal. It's my main beef with the PNSO version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

They responded on Facebook that most of them will be PVC. I'm excited for most of them, mostly the ceratopsians and stegosaurs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2018, 04:04:25 PM
Apparently the Zhejiangopterus isn't shown because of a production delay, which is a shame because that was one of the ones I was most excited about. But there's still plenty here to like in my book, especially the marine reptiles and the ornithischians.

I also hope the Lufengosaurus is not quadrupedal. It's my main beef with the PNSO version.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't look like an amphibian prosauropod like that PNSO version!

Brolyss4

Quote from: ceratopsian on April 13, 2018, 08:19:27 AM
Quote from: Brolyss4 on April 13, 2018, 07:22:27 AM
It's just me or their Diabloceratops do not have horns over the eyes? Because it should have

Are you referring to their Achelousaurus, I wonder?

Oh... I thought it was a Diabloceratops, thank you for clarifying

Sim

Regarding the group photo and accompanying info that Vitae posted on Facebook:

QuoteHere is this two year what 1:35 species we develop.
(Not include the1:1 head of Compsognathus)
It just show in Shanghai WF 2018.

In the photo it seems to say the scale the models are in.  I've noticed that for the Lufengosaurus it says "1:20", unlike the others where it says "1:35".  This makes me think that what Vitae said might be intended only for the 1:35 models that are the focus of the photo, and not the models peeking in from the left in the photo.

Syndicate Bias

Cant wait for that sinraptor and chilantaisaurus

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on April 14, 2018, 06:10:02 AM
Cant wait for that sinraptor and chilantaisaurus

I can not wait for the sinraptor and chilantaisaurus are two almost unpublished theropods in the dinosaur toy market. At least we know that the sinraptor is PVC.

Syndicate Bias

Yea its awesome they are focusing on other dinosaurs than thenusual norm

terrorchicken

oh yeay! more awesome figures that Id love to get but wont be able to b/c the shipping to US will be insane!  :'( O:-)

PhilSauria

I feel your pain - shipping is killing online collecting for me as well and our crazy government is talking about putting a tax on orders from overseas (not sure how they'll enforce that) just to add to the fun! My collection has kind of reached a plateau where I have about as many of the older figures that I could either find or afford and am now just adding new stuff. I'd like some Vitae but don't like my chances!

terrorchicken

I just cant justify a figure where the shipping costs more than the figure itself! Shipping all around has become pricey, but Id rather just focus on the stuff I can get locally like Safari ltd or from shops where the shipping is more reasonable like Happy Hen or Dejankins. I guess it helps me focus and not go crazy trying to get everything. There's a lot of great stuff out there these days!

Reptilia

The Suchomimus looks great, as all the marine animals, armored dinos and the ceratopsian top right.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: terrorchicken on April 15, 2018, 12:35:16 AM
I just cant justify a figure where the shipping costs more than the figure itself! Shipping all around has become pricey, but Id rather just focus on the stuff I can get locally like Safari ltd or from shops where the shipping is more reasonable like Happy Hen or Dejankins. I guess it helps me focus and not go crazy trying to get everything. There's a lot of great stuff out there these days!

True, in my case I also have to look for my money. There is a saying "that much that covers little squeezes" or "is better little than a lot and badly".

I am also going to limit myself to buying traditional brands. But it is a trickle of money. You're right.

I really like all toy dinosaur companies but in my case from now on I am going to limit myself to the usual companies, although that does not mean that there are other companies equal or better than them but whose prices, because they are products of Asian exporting nations, they become very expensive for my pocket.

Jetdin

consider yourself lucky that you live in a place where you can get all the new safari releases locally.
the place i live, literally all toy shops( including toys r us)  sell either knockoffs or really old collecta releases. therefore to get the more accurate and better and more recent toys i have no choice but to ship from overseas..

Syndicate Bias

Im buying another giganotosaurus, im really digging theirs. Might as well have a pack of them eventually. Just wish theyd release their Sinraptor or Chilantaisaurus already

Shonisaurus

I honestly would like more the chilantaisaurus since it is a very rare figure for me in the toy market even more rare than the sinraptor.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Jetdin on April 16, 2018, 11:40:49 AM

consider yourself lucky that you live in a place where you can get all the new safari releases locally.
the place i live, literally all toy shops( including toys r us)  sell either knockoffs or really old collecta releases. therefore to get the more accurate and better and more recent toys i have no choice but to ship from overseas..
at least you still have a ToysRUs!  :'(
all the States has is some older Safaris at Micheal's(though no dinosaurs at mine) and Mojo at Hobby Lobby. And Terra at Target.
and we cant even get Collecta at all, not even through US web sites.  :-\

but everyone will always have chinasaurs! ::)

Sim

I like that Vitae is making species that aren't made often.  However, the incompleteness of the fossils of the following animals means their appearance isn't known and therefore can only be invented: Charonosaurus, Chilantaisaurus, Zhejiangosaurus, Wuerhosaurus, Yuzhoupliosaurus, Kaikaifilu, Zhuchengtyrannus; I see these as wasted opportunities that could have been used to represent unusual species that are known from good fossil remains.  Other companies have sometimes made species known from inadequate remains as well, some companies more often than others, and I know to some people it doesn't matter if an animal is known from poor fossil remains.  I think it's unfortunate though when companies make these poorly known animals while there are plenty of species known from good remains that lack good representation in figure form.

In Vitae's case, when the list of models they were planning to make was shown months ago, I was disappointed to see that out of the dinosaur groups I like a lot the only ones represented were ankylosaurs and stegosaurs, and both of these groups were only represented by species with an unknown appearance (Zhejiangosaurus and Wuerhosaurus).  I like most kinds of plesiosaurs a lot too, and this group is also only represented in the Vitae line with a species known from minimal remains.  I had looked at the paper in which Jinyunpelta is named after it came out, but now having re-read it now I've realised the only armour I was remembering for it was that of the skull and tail club knob, and there is more armour known for Jinyunpelta.  I'm now interested in the Vitae Jinyunpelta too, so now there is one Vitae ankylosaur I'm interested in.

I think it's really great that some of the species in Vitae's line are both not made often AND known from good remains.  It's these that I feel bring something new and worthwhile.  Out of these, the ones I'm currently interested in are the Suchomimus, Sinraptor, Jinyunpelta and Shunosaurus.  I look forward to seeing how Vitae's prehistoric line will grow.  I think it would be cool if it included only species that aren't made often, but this won't be the case if it will include a Tyrannosaurus rex.

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 13, 2018, 03:58:21 AM
Wow, these guys are ambitious. And that's a hell of a turnaround time on Jinyunpelta; the name was only published 6 weeks ago.

Hehe!  I had noticed it was named this year, but I hadn't realised it was less than two months ago!

KeU

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on April 12, 2018, 06:06:39 PM

Top left corner, looks like a Tyrannosaur. Not sure which one specifically.
But comparing the size to the Giganotosaurus, seems a little too small for a Tyrannosaurus.
Wonder what is it really.
Anyone knows?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: