News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 31, 2018, 10:39:15 PM
id prefer if they would make them from the same.plastic as papo or rebor so at least my vitae Giganotosaurus wouldn't be leaning on one side so bad

I didn't buy the Giganotosaurus.  Partly because theropods are lower in my priorities but partly because I feared the legs would warp.  Bipeds are problematic and I'm not so keen on adding supports, if I can avoid it.

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Katieraptor

Still super interested in the sinraptor but talk of leg warping is kinda putting me off it. Do smaller models have the issue more or less?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Katieraptor on February 07, 2018, 03:31:04 PM
Still super interested in the sinraptor but talk of leg warping is kinda putting me off it. Do smaller models have the issue more or less?

As I wrote before, the truth is that EVERY pvc figure could have warping issues, often theropods; it's not about a specific brand.
In my collection I have some Papo (running Rex, Dilopho, Oviraptor), some Collecta (Bistha, Pachi..), some Safari, some Rebor,  some Geoworld etc etc.. with warping problems.
It's a PVC issue: it can warp after some time.
Unfortunately if you are worried about warping, the only solution is about not collecting theropods or collecting resins ..  ;)
My point of view is different: if a pvc figure starts to warp, I use a plastic rod.
Sad but true..  ::)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 31, 2018, 10:48:38 PM
Quote from: SyndicateBias on January 31, 2018, 10:39:15 PM
id prefer if they would make them from the same.plastic as papo or rebor so at least my vitae Giganotosaurus wouldn't be leaning on one side so bad

I didn't buy the Giganotosaurus.  Partly because theropods are lower in my priorities but partly because I feared the legs would warp.  Bipeds are problematic and I'm not so keen on adding supports, if I can avoid it.

My giganotosaurus Vitae fortunately does not suffer stability problems it remains perfectly standing without foundation. That's right, I keep your plastic bra from your packaging just in case.

The plastic of Giganotosaurus Vitae is very flexible and has nothing to do with the plastic toys of Papo or Rebor. They remind me more of the theropods of Mojo 2017 considering that even those are less flexible.

acro-man

Vitae giga stands surprisingly well off any support or base.
No big foot too.
The material is something different from PVC according to their official statement.
Something like Mojo - light, soft, rough, but keeps shape.
喜欢收集和P图

Syndicate Bias

mine could stand on its own without support but after putting it on the base has made it lose that ability. i kept my plastic thing so now it stand with the support until it can hopefully stand on its own again

Brolyss4

Hi guys, I just received my VITAE Sinoceratops. It is my first VITAE figure so the first thing that comes to my attention is the texture, VERY good textures, horns and osteoderms on the frill are sharp and pointy (wich I love). How can you miss this just because it is not PVC?

I am VERY happy with this figure

[/url]

Halichoeres

It is definitely a looker.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mackeral

Nice model, and i love the fact it's made of resin. Thank you for the pictures!

ceratopsian

It is indeed a nice model.  Mine arrived safe and sound some days ago.

Shonisaurus

Amazing  :o It is a figure of relief and honestly it is a pity that they do not make it of PVC and it is only available in resin and a limited version. It is a paleoartistic representation for a dinosaur absolutely unknown in the market of figures.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
....... It is a paleoartistic representation for a dinosaur absolutely unknown in the market of figures.

Favorite has made one only 1.5 years ago ;) .

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 16, 2018, 06:26:48 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 16, 2018, 04:15:39 PM
....... It is a paleoartistic representation for a dinosaur absolutely unknown in the market of figures.

Favorite has made one only 1.5 years ago ;) .

Well ... I also have the favorite sinoceratops I was referring to as "absolutely unknown" which is an almost unprecedented figure in the toy market. That is to say, a dinosaur very little treated by the toy industry.  ;)

acro-man

AVAILABLE SOON
Vitae's next releases in mid March:

I may consider putting these in my Chinasaurs store.
After buying their Giganotaurus and Sinoceratops, I am confident they could do these two well too.
喜欢收集和P图

Lanthanotus

Two great fossils... just a shame they are cut and not full sized. Still, they might be pretty affordable in comparison to other cast copy options.

acro-man

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 06, 2018, 07:53:02 PM
Two great fossils... just a shame they are cut and not full sized. Still, they might be pretty affordable in comparison to other cast copy options.
Ah yes, I just noticed, why they are cut?
Doesn't make any sense, except that they want to make them small.
It isn't a proper tradeoff, imho.
喜欢收集和P图

Volgadraco

Still, after reading. I can't understand is Giganotosaurs made of PVC or resin?

mgaguilar

Quote from: Volgadraco on March 09, 2018, 07:54:36 PM
Still, after reading. I can't understand is Giganatosaurs made of PVC or resin?

It's a pretty bendable plastic. Not sure if it's PVC exactly. Definitely not resin.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 09, 2018, 08:00:12 PM
Quote from: Volgadraco on March 09, 2018, 07:54:36 PM
Still, after reading. I can't understand is Giganatosaurs made of PVC or resin?

It's a pretty bendable plastic. Not sure if it's PVC exactly. Definitely not resin.

True, Giganotosaurus Vitae is a very flexible material, even more than well-known companies. It is not resin or vinyl what you have said mgaguilar is reality.  :)

The only problem you may have is abrasion problems from accidental falls if you have it on a shelf but break it does not break Volgadraco. The resistance of the figure is guaranteed.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: