News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

By the way I have to give bad news, for those of us who bought Vitae in Europe shop.modellpferdeversand.de stop selling those products. I asked him today when they were going to receive these figures and they told me that this company had caused them a lot of problems and that they were not going to sell their products anymore. The text of both my question and the answer of shop.modellpferdeversand.de

My question was this:

Good afternoon:

It was simply to ask them if they are going to receive the following dinosaurs, they are the Zhejiangosaurus and the Sinraptor de Vitae.

With my best wishes, receive,

a cordial greeting

His answer was this, they answered me in German:

Grüß Gott,

da es zu viele Probleme mit dieser Firma gab, haben wir beschlossen, diese Produkte nicht mehr anzubieten.

MfG www.modellpferdeversand.de

Translated from the German they told me that:
Hello,

As there were too many problems with this company, we decided to stop offering these products.

MfG www.modellpferdeversand.de

You will have to buy it on eBay China or order the purchase of those figures from Acro-man. I'm sorry to give such terrible news.  :-\

Syndicate Bias

Wonder what those issues were...

Mackeral

Oh no, i was still debating about the ceratopsian model  :(

Jose S.M.

Dan's Dinosaurs still has the Giganotosaurus, Sinoceratops and Majungasaurus available. I hope they get these too.

PhilSauria

Why am I feeling deju vu here? Shades of the PNSO saga. Seems that the better the quality product with these companies the harder it is for them to stay in business. Frustrating.

Minmiminime

That's a real shame, thank you for sharing that information avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus ! I hope they sort whatever their problems are out, or I foresee a repeat of the PNSO situation..!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Oh god, don't let this be PNSO 2.0 situation... :(

Halichoeres

These two will be my first Vitae figures. I'm especially a fan of the Zhejiangosaurus.

Quote from: suspsy on May 23, 2018, 12:07:54 PM
Zhejiangosaurus strikes me as an odd choice given how fragmentary it is. I wish someone would make a Tarchia or a Pinacosaurus. Still, the sculpt looks pretty nice.

I would also like a Pinacosaurus or Tarchia, but this is known from remains at least as good as, say, Therizinosaurus or Gigantoraptor, which have plenty of toys. They seem to be primarily focusing on Chinese dinosaurs, which might be part of their reasoning.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Simon

MMMMMM .... New VITAE PVC ....

Quote from: Flaffy on May 23, 2018, 07:49:07 AM
Zhejiangosaurus:

Sinraptor:

(for ppl who don't have access to facebook)

John

That Sinraptor model is fantastic!Too bad Vitae seems to have just gone kaput in the same way as PNSO... :P
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ITdactyl

I don't think they went full PNSO.  They're still [slowly] churning out figures - the only prototype that admit didn't make it to production on time was Zhejiangopterus (so far).

I do hope they sort out the problems with the resellers.

Flaffy

wat
no more Zhejiangopterus?  :'(

ITdactyl

Sorry about that, edited my post to clarify.  They said there was a "technical problem" with the Zhejiangopterus so production will be delayed.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 24, 2018, 06:09:51 AM

Sorry about that, edited my post to clarify.  They said there was a "technical problem" with the Zhejiangopterus so production will be delayed.

Well sincerely the zhejiangopterus is more interesting than the sinraptor. Unfortunately, in many cases companies sell their best figures later than expected.

The sinraptor I see him with paint errors and he does not look as good as his great Vitae giganotosaurus.

tyrantqueen

I like the Zhejiangosaurus and I think it looks good. The Sinraptor has a sinfully boring and somewhat sloppy paintjob (but that's easy enough to fix).

...And yes, I know the "Sin" in Sinraptor is not pronounced the same as the English word sin, but let me have my fun >:D

RobinGoodfellow

I don't think that Vitae will stop the production as PNSO.
I suppose that the german webshop Modllpferdeversand had problems with Vitae.
I don't know for sure but I can do a supposition about that.
I bought my Vitae Sinoceratops from Modellpferdeversand.
It went to me in a very safe box from Vitae.
The box wasn't made of soft foam material on the inside (like Rebor's packs) but quite rigid white plastic.
The hole for the resin figure was too narrow.
The Sinoceratops is made of resin and a horn was broken.
I think it was not a damage from shipping; I suppose the horn was broken when the figure was forced inside the narrow rigid plastic hole at the factory.
It was not a problem for me because it was a very little damage.
I repaired the horn very fast with superglue.
So I did not contact the shop about damage; but maybe other clients did, asking for a refund..
And maybe that could be the reason behind Modellpferdeversand' decision about not stocking Vitae figures in the future.

Mackeral

That would make sense.
Mabye designing fitting styrofoam as packaging material was too expensive for a starting compagny with these relativily low selling prices.
The costs of used material for this model, small edition size and shipping are probably pretty high already for them.

acro-man

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 27, 2018, 09:14:18 AM
....The hole for the resin figure was too narrow.....

Same here. It didn't take much effort to unpack it.
But when I tried to put it back in, I can't.
The rigid foam provides sound protection during shipping, but the not-so-well-designed itself is a danger.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

tanystropheus

Quote from: Mackeral on May 27, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
That would make sense.
Mabye designing fitting styrofoam as packaging material was too expensive for a starting compagny with these relativily low selling prices.
The costs of used material for this model, small edition size and shipping are probably pretty high already for them.

They should just switch to PVC. Permanently.

Sim

I've gone from being interested in getting the Sinraptor, to no longer being interested in it after seeing these new photos that show it has a mohawk.  Well, I'll see how I feel about the few other figures I was interested in if they get released.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 24, 2018, 03:01:47 AM
These two will be my first Vitae figures. I'm especially a fan of the Zhejiangosaurus.

Quote from: suspsy on May 23, 2018, 12:07:54 PM
Zhejiangosaurus strikes me as an odd choice given how fragmentary it is. I wish someone would make a Tarchia or a Pinacosaurus. Still, the sculpt looks pretty nice.

I would also like a Pinacosaurus or Tarchia, but this is known from remains at least as good as, say, Therizinosaurus or Gigantoraptor, which have plenty of toys. They seem to be primarily focusing on Chinese dinosaurs, which might be part of their reasoning.

I agree that Therizinosaurus and Gigantoraptor are also known from remains that are too incomplete to allow one to know their distinctive appearance.  However, I think Zhejiangosaurus is known from worse remains since its remains have no diagnostic features which render it a nomen dubium.  In the paper that names Jinyunpelta, I read that Zhejiangosaurus has been found to be a nodosaurid OR an ankylosaurid, as well as a nomen dubium.  So it's not even known what kind of ankylosaurian it would be.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: