News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Vitae dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 29, 2017, 09:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 27, 2018, 12:19:54 PM
Quote from: Mackeral on May 27, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
That would make sense.
Mabye designing fitting styrofoam as packaging material was too expensive for a starting compagny with these relativily low selling prices.
The costs of used material for this model, small edition size and shipping are probably pretty high already for them.

They should just switch to PVC. Permanently.

I understand that Vitae should rethink how well it is said to make resin dinosaurs, to avoid breakages. It would be better if they were PVC in this way shop.modellpferdeversand.de would continue to sell those beautiful dinosaurs and prehistoric animals.

Although there are companies such as urzeitshop.de that do not have problems with resin figures sell sideshow figures and other companies and never to my knowledge have had complaint from customers. Although this may be a simple appreciation of mine.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 27, 2018, 12:19:54 PM
Quote from: Mackeral on May 27, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
That would make sense.
Mabye designing fitting styrofoam as packaging material was too expensive for a starting compagny with these relativily low selling prices.
The costs of used material for this model, small edition size and shipping are probably pretty high already for them.

They should just switch to PVC. Permanently.

..or just they could re-think about their packagings.
I received a lot of oversized (and extremely fragile) resin figures from Urzeitshop or Martin Garratt without any problem..  ;)

Syndicate Bias

My issue is their quality has gone down since their giganotosaurus. While i love their giganotosaurus i still wasn't fully satisfied by how rectangular the head sculpt was. That aside from the super skinny ankles and leg proportions and the terrible eye with a blue circle around it was just the tip for me. While its still a great figure it left me to have a bit of an expectation for vitaes later dinos which have all so far not lived up to what the giganotosaurus left in place. That's not to say its a terrible line of dinosaurs so far. I guess i just hoped the level of detail and sculpting would be up there with papo or rebor or some resin kits or just the giganotosaurus from them in general.

I guess im just dissapointed by the sinraptor as it was one of two dinos i cared to see from them 

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 28, 2018, 05:11:21 AM
My issue is their quality has gone down since their giganotosaurus. While i love their giganotosaurus i still wasn't fully satisfied by how rectangular the head sculpt was. That aside from the super skinny ankles and leg proportions and the terrible eye with a blue circle around it was just the tip for me. While its still a great figure it left me to have a bit of an expectation for vitaes later dinos which have all so far not lived up to what the giganotosaurus left in place. That's not to say its a terrible line of dinosaurs so far. I guess i just hoped the level of detail and sculpting would be up there with papo or rebor or some resin kits or just the giganotosaurus from them in general.

I guess im just dissapointed by the sinraptor as it was one of two dinos i cared to see from them

I agree with you, Vitae's sinraptor, as I have already said, as soon as I see the figure, I see him as a neglected painting figure in relation to the teeth and even the head, the nodosaurium looks much better.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on May 27, 2018, 01:01:05 PM
I've gone from being interested in getting the Sinraptor, to no longer being interested in it after seeing these new photos that show it has a mohawk.  Well, I'll see how I feel about the few other figures I was interested in if they get released.

It doesn't seem to be a feather mohawk. Do you just object to any soft-tissue or integumentary speculation for which there's no direct evidence? I guess you wouldn't care for All Yesterdays then?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

No, that isn't it.  There are speculative features I'll dislike because of their look or because I find them very unlikely.  Mohawks on dinosaurs are something I dislike the look of, it doesn't matter if they're composed of feathers or something else.

Flaffy

Zhejiangopterus

Chilantaisaurus

Zhejiangosaurus

Shonisaurus

For what the images show, both the Zhejiangopterus and the Chilantaisaurus are going to be made by PVC. That is good news for me. What they do not indicate when they will be available. That if they are at prices as expensive as the Giganotosaurus of Vitae may never buy them. In my case I can only limit myself to a certain group of prehistoric toy animals.

The truth is that the images of the prototypes reflect prehistoric animals very well finished and most interesting are very obscure and rare species in the toy market. , what I value positively. Thumbs up.

KeU

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 28, 2018, 05:11:21 AM
My issue is their quality has gone down since their giganotosaurus. While i love their giganotosaurus i still wasn't fully satisfied by how rectangular the head sculpt was.
That is the more accurate head sculpt isn't it?
Especially compared to the PNSO prototype which still uses the outdated reconstruction.

The top skull being the original reconstruction and the one Zhao Chuang used for the PNSO prototype.
Cheung Chung Tat from Vitae used the most recent reconstruction which is the bottom skull kindly done by Scott Hartman.
The one in the middle was the reconstruction by Gregory Paul.

Granted I would prefer a more pronounced chin for the Vitae model. That is nice and square on the PNSO prototype.

Syndicate Bias

Syndicate Bias

Now we know about the Vitae issues with that german site. As well as 5 new dinos coming july. So that's good

Jose S.M.

I like the look of Chilantaisaurus, the blue is kind of bright but I still like it, blue is my favorite color so I wish it was more used on figures but it's kind of hard making it realistic. And the Wuerhosaurus looks nice as well bui though it was known that the plates are not shaped like that,  or am I wrong?

postsaurischian

:o The pic above is making me nervous.
      These 1:35 figures are MUST-HAVES!!!
      Such a shame that MPV obviously didn't know how to behave right.
      We need acro-man!

ceratopsian

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 15, 2018, 07:00:05 PM
:o The pic above is making me nervous.
      These 1:35 figures are MUST-HAVES!!!
      Such a shame that MPV obviously didn't know how to behave right.
      We need acro-man!

Isn't Vitae Hong Kong though rather than mainland China?  I seem to recall discussing this with acro-man when Vitae first appeared.  Anyway, I too want some of the figures somehow!

Minmiminime

These are looking very pretty, certainly up there with the later Carnegies judging by these shots! Less lumpy and odd than earlier efforts. It is nice to see pics of production models from the start, though
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

More obscure can not be the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, wuerhosaurus (figure of course fabulous) a work of art by part of Vitae at first sight, sinraptor, chilantiasaurus, zhegiangosaurus and zhegiangopterus (pterosaurio), these last three for me completely unknown .

I recognize that I am uncultivated in paleontology issues but I also have to affirm that within my possibilities I am informed and those three species had no news of their existence.

The work of Vitae is great even if they make prehistoric animals whose remains are incomplete in most or very little known.

The colors are cheerful and bright. Another thing is what they cost in stores like monsterhouse and more when there is no store in continental Europe or even in Britain that is willing to sell these figures after the desertion of shop.modellpferdeversand.de for my misfortune. They will obviously have to wait indefinitely. Those figures for their price and customs and customs taxes are inaccessible and unaffordable for me.

tanystropheus

Ever since I was a kid I always wanted a Wuerhosaurus (and, a Lexovisosaurus)

Simon

The figures in that photo give off a distinctly "Battat-ish" vibe when I look at them.  I'm getting all of them.  ;D

PhilSauria

OMG! - what a great time to be a Paleo figure collector - so many great releases at the moment (and so little money). These have definitely jumped in near the top of my list. Can't wait.

Syndicate Bias

Assuming PNSO produces the Spino or Giganotosaurus or Amargasaurus this year my list of need to get grows.

So far now that the chilantaisaurus is being released next month that will be my first priority then pick up the last two papo dinos and then hopefully get one or two of the PNSO dinos mentioned if released. As for Rebor I was going to get Vanilla Ice and their carno and yuty but PNSO and Vitae and Papo have taken me.away this year.

I really hope someone reviews the Sinraptor the one in the image seems better quality than the first pictures of it. Fingers crossed its improved i really was looking forward to these two and the chilantaisaurus is definitely a must have for me as my fave colour is also blue and having it placed so well on the dinosaur is just perfect!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: