You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Therizinosaur Figures Would You Recommend?

Started by IrritatorRaji, October 31, 2017, 08:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Came to the realisation that my collection is severely lacking Therizinosaurs  :o

What are the best ones on the market right now?

Lanthanotus

Carnegie Beipiaosaurus
CollectA Deinocheirus (Standard - cannot say about the DeLuxe as I do not own it, but to me it seems to be simply a big version so should be fine aswell)
Safari Deinocheirus
Bullyland Therizonosaurus

in this order

Takama

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 31, 2017, 08:29:50 PM
Carnegie Beipiaosaurus
CollectA Deinocheirus (Standard - cannot say about the DeLuxe as I do not own it, but to me it seems to be simply a big version so should be fine aswell)
Safari Deinocheirus

in this order

Ummmm those are ornithomimes

stargatedalek

The CollectA deluxe is by and far the best available, though I'm personally not a fan of how they did the wings.

Jose S.M.

I own the Carnegie Beipiaosaurus and CollectA standard Therizinosaurus, I find both to be good. I didn't went for the CollectA deluxe for the wings precisely. CollectA also has a Nothronychus but I don't like it very much.
The dinosaurs toy world is lacking good therizinosaur figures.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Takama on October 31, 2017, 08:34:34 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 31, 2017, 08:29:50 PM
Carnegie Beipiaosaurus
Safari Deinocheirus

in this order

Ummmm those are ornithomimes

Hmm, indeed right, thanks for noting, actually had to look up the cladograms for the relationships there.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I'd go with the Bullyland one right now, if I were to get one for myself, since I find that the most appealing of the ones (reviewed on the blog so far) out there, even with its inaccuracies. There's also that featherless Battat Terra one that hasn't been mentioned yet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Patrx

I might be in the minority here, but I actually prefer CollectA's original Therizinosaurus to the deluxe one, partly because the added feathers look a little bit blobby and don't seem to blend quite right for my taste. I'll add another recommendation for the Carnegie Beipiaosaurus as well.

There's also this somewhat recent little Therizinosaurus from Kaiyodo - I've not seen it in person, but it looks quite nice in photos.

Bokisaurus

I personally love the small original one by CollectA, its a beautiful figure.
You can check out my Reaping Lizard thread for some photos of ammonium the ones in my Collection ^-^

Halichoeres

The Kaiyodos are the best (both the Dinotales version and the Capsule Q version Patrx just posted). I think they are the only ones to get the feet right. But for a larger figure, the CollectA and Bullyland are pretty solid. The Carnegie Beipiaosaurus has some minor inaccuracies but is quite good. So's the Battat Nanshiungosaurus if you can overlook its nudity.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Irritation

Papo is making a feathered one next year that is in an attacking pose and has a movable jaw.

Shonisaurus

I would recommend Battat's nanshiungosaurus is a cheap figure within what fits. And honestly I like the distribution of the plumage.

You also have the large model Safari therizinosaurus.

Gwangi

The Carnegie Beipiaosaurus and the Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus are two of my favorites. The later lacks plumage but is an otherwise outstanding model.

laticauda

There are two that I really like.  1.The Carnegie Beipiaosaurus and 2. I know its not perfect but I do enjoy the CollectA Nothronychus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.