You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any Other Cryolophosaurus Toys / Models?

Started by IrritatorRaji, December 05, 2017, 02:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

I adore Cryolophosaurus. Not sure why, my love for it was just really sudden. I woke up 2 months ago like "Cryolophosaurus is the sh*t, I need it, I need it now"

I know of these Cryolophosaurus models:

• Papo (Will consider owning, looking for someone to change the pose + repaint)
  • CollectA
  • Safari Carnegie (Owned)
  • Terra by Battat (Intending on buying)
  • Recur
  • Dinosaur Train
  • Geoworld

Are there any others I'm missing or is that it? Are these the only ones on the market?

Pachyrhinosaurus

There are a few on Shapeways by Andrew Sides in a variety of poses, all in 1/40.

Here's one: https://www.shapeways.com/product/G3QCUB6MB/1-40-cryolophosaurus-standing?optionId=43360811&li=marketplace

I wanted to buy a pair and paint them up like the cryolophosaurus in DR but never got around to it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 05, 2017, 02:18:02 AM
There are a few on Shapeways by Andrew Sides in a variety of poses, all in 1/40.

Here's one: https://www.shapeways.com/product/G3QCUB6MB/1-40-cryolophosaurus-standing?optionId=43360811&li=marketplace

I wanted to buy a pair and paint them up like the cryolophosaurus in DR but never got around to it.

Woah, they're awesome! I can't paint unfortunately, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick 'em up.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

paintingdinos

I know you said no painting, but the Shapeways ones posted by Pachyrhinosaurus are really, really nice. I ordered a couple of the 1/40's when I first got into self-painting, and they are just so detailed (if you get the detailed printing options). I also love the non-traditional poses... I opted for the sitting and laying pair, for a more relaxed diorama scene :)

Joey

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 05, 2017, 04:20:37 AM
I know you said no painting, but the Shapeways ones posted by Pachyrhinosaurus are really, really nice. I ordered a couple of the 1/40's when I first got into self-painting, and they are just so detailed (if you get the detailed printing options). I also love the non-traditional poses... I opted for the sitting and laying pair, for a more relaxed diorama scene :)

You should paint them up! ;)

paintingdinos

Quote from: JoeytheDeinocheirus on December 05, 2017, 04:23:36 AM
You should paint them up! ;)

I did! I wanted to show off the pretty details of the models themselves, but the final painted versions can be found in my signature link. They look good painted up, too (no bragging intended- all of the ones I've seen painted have looked very nice, regardless of design).

Justin_

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 05, 2017, 02:28:11 AM
I can't paint unfortunately, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick 'em up.

You could at least give them a coat of spray primer. I did that to a Shapeways model which now looks like a classic Invicta figure.

Roselaar

Kaiyodo has a Cryo skull (in two different colours), but not the whole animal. Unfortunately.

Halichoeres

There was one made for an expo in Japan in 2009 ("Dinosaurs of Gondwana"). I don't have a photo, unfortunately.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2017, 06:40:17 AM
There was one made for an expo in Japan in 2009 ("Dinosaurs of Gondwana"). I don't have a photo, unfortunately.

:o ??? What? The Dinosaur Expo 2009 was named "The Miracle of Deserts" and there was no Cryolophosaurus in the figure collection.
                      As far as I know the "Dinosaurs of Gondwana" exhibition in Tokyo didn't offer any exclusive figures.
                      If there really was an Expo Cryolophosaurus, please show a picture!

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 06, 2017, 06:40:17 AM
are you referring to this (left)?  :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Oh! I haven't seen these before. I'm glad they're not too good. They must be hard to get. Who made them?

sauroid

the Cryolophosaurus and Mapusaurus are both from the Dinosaurs of Gondwana series and i am not sure of the brand exactly because i got both as loose figures (with missing base). Sbell might have a better answer tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

That's the one, Sauroid! Thanks. I have the Mapusaurus and Nigersaurus:

They're not as pretty as the Kaiyodo or Capcom expo figures, but they were cool taxa that had been attempted little, if at all, at the time. I have no idea who made them. The Nigersaurus is stamped "DK 2009" and the base for the Mapusaurus is stamped "Dinosaur Exhibition 2009" in Japanese.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.