News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on February 06, 2014, 05:15:58 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2014, 03:46:55 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on February 06, 2014, 02:54:33 AM
That all seems way too complicated to me...wouldnt it be just as easy to just mute the DVD player , thus removing the soundtrack altogether? What did I miss here

Because many would still want the sfx and not want to watch a totally silent film. Probably many are after the orig walking with dinosaurs experience..and that could be a setting or a mode on it the release.

It's like the Nostalgia Critic said, "The music to a movie adds so friggin' much. I mean, it's practically 1/3 of the film."
I guess if we're forced to we could play the WWD soundtrack in the background while watching it muted..lol

CityRaptor

Well, I won't know about that option till the 11th September, the date when the Movie gets released on DVD here, according to Amazon. Also seems like Scowler was renamed into Bruto, while the others keep their names. Odd.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 06, 2014, 09:57:03 AM
Well, I won't know about that option till the 11th September, the date when the Movie gets released on DVD here, according to Amazon. Also seems like Scowler was renamed into Bruto, while the others keep their names. Odd.

If it's on one it will probably be on others. It's a pretty simple thing that works for all languages since there is no language. lol

That's odd considering all the merchandise with his name on it. :?

scallenger

Quote from: krentz on February 05, 2014, 03:42:13 AM
There is a very good chance of a dialogue free version on the DVD blu ray releases if the stars are aligned.

Quick everyone! Align the stars so they can do this! LOL.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

scallenger

Not meaning to double post, but looks like we got our wish! Check out the features list on Bluray.com!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13184

Cretaceous Cut (the movie in its "natural" version)

But notice this is ONLY on the "Deluxe Edition" version. So if you all want to see it that way, you must get that version. The ONLY thing kind of confusing is that this Deluxe Edition is a 3D combo, unlike the standard BluRay. So is this alternate cut ONLY available in 3D or also 2D, or vice versa? That bit remains unclear.

Kind of exciting!

Balaur

Oh my god! Yes! I am so excited! I am totally getting this now!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: scallenger on February 07, 2014, 05:56:10 AM
Not meaning to double post, but looks like we got our wish! Check out the features list on Bluray.com!

But notice this is ONLY on the "Deluxe Edition" version. So if you all want to see it that way, you must get that version. The ONLY thing kind of confusing is that this Deluxe Edition is a 3D combo, unlike the standard BluRay. So is this alternate cut ONLY available in 3D or also 2D, or vice versa? That bit remains unclear.

Kind of exciting!
What about DVD?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: scallenger on February 07, 2014, 05:56:10 AM

Kind of exciting!

It said the feature film is in 3D, but didn't mention any of the special features being in 3D. Luckily, I have a Blu-ray player so I have been getting anything worth having on it, and I almost preordered it. But my bank account is low, and I think I'll do it later when details are clearer.

scallenger

Well that Deluxe Edition is a 3D/Blu/DVD combo pack, but it is unclear exactly which one will feature the Cretaceous Cut. The info on it's BluRay.com page states it has 2 Blu Ray Discs and 1 DVD. If I had to guess, the 3D Blu would be the theatrical film in 3D only. The second Blu would feature both cuts of the film plus bonus features. The DVD would likely just have the theatrical film. This is just me guessing, however. It would be horrible if the Cretaceous Cut could ONLY be seen in 3D, which it is possible. However, if that were the case, there could be, ahem, a way to get around that. But it would require extracting files and etc. Which would be a pain in the butt, but at least it would be there to do it!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: scallenger on February 07, 2014, 06:07:49 AM
Well that Deluxe Edition is a 3D/Blu/DVD combo pack, but it is unclear exactly which one will feature the Cretaceous Cut. The info on it's BluRay.com page states it has 2 Blu Ray Discs and 1 DVD. If I had to guess, the 3D Blu would be the theatrical film in 3D only. The second Blu would feature both cuts of the film plus bonus features. The DVD would likely just have the theatrical film. This is just me guessing, however. It would be horrible if the Cretaceous Cut could ONLY be seen in 3D, which it is possible. However, if that were the case, there could be, ahem, a way to get around that. But it would require extracting files and etc. Which would be a pain in the butt, but at least it would be there to do it!
It would be more awful if the Cretaceous Cut is only on Blu Ray as I don't own a Blu Ray player and don't intend to.

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 06:10:22 AM
It would be more awful if the Cretaceous Cut is only on Blu Ray as I don't own a Blu Ray player and don't intend to.

It's possible that someone will put it online or something like that.

scallenger

Eesh... you may be out of luck then. More and more DVDs lack bonus features these days, in an attempt to get people to upgrade. Especially for this bonus feature being an exclusive to the Deluxe version. I could be wrong! But for some reason I feel like it is unlikely to be on the DVD version included in the set or in any other.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 06:14:16 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 07, 2014, 06:10:22 AM

It's possible that someone will put it online or something like that.
Hopefully, I don't like how they're putting more stuff on Blu Ray so people have no choice but to buy that if they want the bonus features. At least the 5-disc EE of The Hobbit: AUJ isn't like that (I'll be getting mine in the mail soon ;D).

scallenger

Not to try and convince you or anything, but I personally love BluRay. Maybe it's because I love films so much, and just want to see them in the best quality possible, but I think seeing them in such clarity really adds to the experience. 3D on the other hand I am not such a fan of (although I did like what they did for the conversion on Jurassic Park). I still don't have a 3D TV, and I STILL don't know one person, even online, who does. LOL.

Balaur

I also love Blu-ray. 3D is okay, but went it is clearly put in to make money, it isn't that good.

Also, here's this. It looks like the Cretaceous Cut (sorry Yutyrannus) is Blu-ray only and it doesn't appear to be in 3D either.

http://justlovemovies.com/2014/02/06/3835/

scallenger

Thanks for that link! Yeah, that certainly seems to point that the Cretaceous Cut really is in 2D on the Blu only, and still exclusive only to the Deluxe Edition. Which sucks that we have to pay more for it, but kind of smart I guess. They must have known there would be an audience for that kind of cut. Notice though that it is a different CUT, it doesn't say "audio track". So I guess they cut out like the human bits they had and other things, too, perhaps?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Balaur on February 07, 2014, 06:26:22 AM
I also love Blu-ray. 3D is okay, but went it is clearly put in to make money, it isn't that good.

Also, here's this. It looks like the Cretaceous Cut (sorry Yutyrannus) is Blu-ray only and it doesn't appear to be in 3D either.

http://justlovemovies.com/2014/02/06/3835/
It said Blu Ray/DVD so I might get it.

scallenger

The cut won't be on the DVD for any of the versions. Read again that part of the link posted earlier:

●    Feature film in standard definition
   ●    DVD Special Features
      ○    Dino Files
      ○    Match the Call game

That's all the DVD of it will have.

Speaking of features, beyond the alternate cut of the Deluxe Edition, these features are pretty flimsy and really cater to the younger set for sure. Such a shame. :(

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on February 07, 2014, 06:42:17 AM
The cut won't be on the DVD for any of the versions. Read again that part of the link posted earlier:

●    Feature film in standard definition
   ●    DVD Special Features
      ○    Dino Files
      ○    Match the Call game

That's all the DVD of it will have.

Speaking of features, beyond the alternate cut of the Deluxe Edition, these features are pretty flimsy and really cater to the younger set for sure. Such a shame. :(

i noticed that..no artwork or interviews with the artists.  Even Disney's Dinosaur had all that.

Here's the big combo set on amazon :
http://www.amazon.com/Walking-With-Dinosaurs-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B00HDKJESO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391756614&sr=8-1&keywords=walking+with+dinosaurs+3d+blu+ray

I checked walmart as well and they had three version but no 3D one yet.

ITdactyl

not exactly happy news, but at least there's a "cretaceous cut".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: