News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo 2019 Hopes & Dreams

Started by indominus, December 20, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

You mean a set of three released together? If pachycephalosaurs weren't herbivores I would put my money on Rebor for something like that. Maybe Eofauna then?

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on May 01, 2018, 12:06:51 PM
You mean a set of three released together? If pachycephalosaurs weren't herbivores I would put my money on Rebor for something like that. Maybe Eofauna then?

Yeah as a set, or just loose figures, either way would be cool. But I don't really expect Papo would do something like that, Eofauna seems are more reasonable candidate.

Shonisaurus

A stygimoloch by Eofauna would be great, it is a very dark and little known toy dinosaur figure but unfortunately, being a dinosaur figure that Eofauna is going to make, I think it will be a carnivorous theropod, I'm almost sure I have an intuition that it will be theropod carnivore for the first published book of theropods of Asier Larramendi.

DragonRider02

I would enjoy a 'rainbow' repaint of Tupuxuara.
Some New scary looking pterosaurs in dynamic poses would be nice-a Dsungaripterus maybe? As kid I always found him quite scary.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on May 02, 2018, 05:19:24 PM
I would enjoy a 'rainbow' repaint of Tupuxuara.
Some New scary looking pterosaurs in dynamic poses would be nice-a Dsungaripterus maybe? As kid I always found him quite scary.

There are many terrifying pterosaurs but the dsungaripterus is one of them, another the phobetor, the same rhamphorynchus, gallidactylus and for example the ludodactylus is an apocalyptic pterosaurus as I would say "a bird of ill omen".

Syndicate Bias

All i wanna know is what kind of dinos they will release

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 03, 2018, 12:49:03 AM
All i wanna know is what kind of dinos they will release

To me honestly I would like not only to know which dinosaurs will be launched next year by the company Papo but also which dinosaurs are projected for the coming years so that I will cheat.

But in the meantime we have to make assumptions or suggestions to the brands' entrepreneurs to give them ideas of what we want the buyers whether they are collectors like the parents of the children. Honestly in the background is fascinating to think about what dinosaurs and prehistoric animals can do and which one would be prepared by each company.

To dream is to live anyway I say it with all the respect of the world to your opinion, it is more I would also like to know when they will release the news of Papo 2019.

Syndicate Bias

True, then a carcharodontosaurus or saurophaganax or giganotosaurus please aha

Centrosaur86

For 2019 i want to see:

Lambeosaurus or Shantungosaurus
Giganotosaurus
Daspletosaurus or Albertosaurus
Adult Apatosaurus

Shonisaurus

I think it is almost certain that Papo will make a giganotosaurus as members of the forum have already pointed out, but I would also like them to make obscure species in the production of toy dinosaurs although they take into account the sales it would be good a lambeosaurus, saurolophus or olorotitan to put three examples

A non-lambeosaurine hadrosaur like the shantungosaurus and even the edmontosaurus.

On the other hand a gallimimus would be interesting to make the Papo brand considering that it is one of the few leading figures of Jurassic Park that remain to be made by this great brand.

Mirroraptor

Syndicate Bias

Well given the popularity of JW i can see a Stygimoloch and a Sinoceratops from Papo maybe this year. Possibly retiring their Bary and Carno for the JW ones.

Since this has been echoed everywhere i believe this year could be it for the Giganotosaurus, or if we are lucky the Carcharodontosaurus as they have been contacted about it.

Other than that given that they retired a ceratopsian last year i bet this year it will be one as well as possibly a medium sized carnivore not sure if maybe a Torvosaurus or something. They seem to do more Jurassic theropods than cretaceous ones so im guessing we will see one big Cretaceous theropid, maybe one or two medium to small Jurassic ones and a ceratopsian and a repaint and maybe add in a couple of small figures like a Stygimoloch and and another flying reptile

I forgot to add they like dinosaurs that are already in pop culture so just maybe because of JW toy lines and Evolution could.there be a suchomimus (leasr likely) or a Metriacanthosaurus which would fill in the medium.sized carnivore

Archosauria

I would love to see a good-sized Mamenchisaurus from Papo.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Jose S.M.

I would like another sauropod from Papo, they only have three and one it's not their most beloved figure, to put it that way. The Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus are very detailed and the Brachio is very imposing, another sauropod in that  style would probably be very succesfull.

dragon53

I would like  Papo to release an adult Apatosaurus.

CityRaptor

It's an adult. Not sure where that claim about it being a juvenile comes from, but it is an adult.
https://www.papo-france.com/en/14-dinosaurs
Just undersized.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rodrigo Clemente

I Just want they release big sauropods in 1:35 to 1:40 scale like the general scale of papos models, their 1:55 Braquiosaur is very litle and the apatousaurus is juvenile, I want to see Braquisarurs in size of the PNSO`s Mamenchisaurus and Huanghetitan or the new Safari`s Diplodocus, and everything wif papo`s quality and detail.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Rodrigo Clemente on July 23, 2018, 06:03:22 PM
I Just want they release big sauropods in 1:35 to 1:40 scale like the general scale of papos models, their 1:55 Braquiosaur is very litle and the apatousaurus is juvenile, I want to see Braquisarurs in size of the PNSO`s Mamenchisaurus and Huanghetitan or the new Safari`s Diplodocus, and everything wif papo`s quality and detail.

A brontosaurus on the part of solid PVC Papo at the same scale as the PNSO vinyl sauropods for example would be great.

Syndicate Bias

Im gonna be greatly disappointed if they don't have a giganotosaurus or carcharodontosaurus this year. PNSO is nice but it won't be released until next year i think. If this year then great but i still want a papo one. Im selling my vitae one since i got the Shane Foulkes one and the vitae one isn't cutting it out for me. Its not as detailed as i wish it would be

Shonisaurus

I am hopeful that next year Papo will make a giganotosaurus at the height of his best figures and I am confident that it will be a masterpiece of the paleoart of the toy.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: