News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo 2019 Hopes & Dreams

Started by indominus, December 20, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino Scream3232

I would love a large sauropod from them. Adult apatosaurus, diplodocus, barosaurus (a rearing pose maybe with an updated Allosaurus. A little AMNH tribute). Also some ornithopods like camptosaurus and Tenontosaurus. Just don't let he sculptor that made the amargasaurus near anything next year lol.

Syndicate Bias

Only one month to go before any hopes of first leaks arrive. End of October till end of November assuming from how they were all leaked before papo announced them in December

Shonisaurus

Hopefully among the next news of Papo is the missed giganotosaurus. Papo is one of the few traditional toy dinosaur companies that does not have giganotosaurus with Collecta.

IrritatorRaji

While I admit that it's something I can live without, I do hope to see a Giganotosaurus next year. Would at least prove that Papo is kinda to their customers.

My personal hopes and dreams... maybe more non-dinosaurs? I'd love to see more flying reptiles. I adore their Tupuxuara and Quetzalcoatlus mainly because of the standing pose, you don't see enough of that. Wouldn't even mind seeing a marine reptile, I know Papo likes to take "inspiration" from Jurassic Park/World, so I wouldn't mind seeing a Mosasaurus. I mean, Papo's only marine reptile right now is their Plesiosaurus which, erh, to call "outdated" would be an understatement. Nothing horribly wrong with the Plesiosaurus itself, it's just that Papo's sculpting ability has gotten so much better since then.

Dinosaur wise, wouldn't mind a Stygimoloch, they're becoming a little more popular since... you know. I'd love to see more Ceratopsians, such as Nasutoceratops, Medusaceratops, Protoceratops (to go with their feathered Velociraptor). Would love seeing more Hadrosaurids, like Lambeosaurus,  Corythosaurus, Maiasaura, Edmontosaurus, Shantungosaurus... (trying not to go too obscure with my ideals because I know Papo doesn't dabble in the obscure). In terms of Theropods I actually wouldn't mind if they scaled it back a little next year (with the exception of herbivorous Theropods), we got 4 in 2016, 3 in 2017, 2 (excluding Theri) in 2018, wouldn't mind a year where we get one or none.

Shonisaurus

Honestly the pterosaurs and the herbivorous dinosaurs like me theropods. It would be interesting if the companies of prehistoric toy animals proportionally made figures of prehistoric animals and were not limited to theropods.

I would like a diplodocus from Papo with a reasonable size like Carnegie's to give an example. I would like it to go back to the time of the great sauropods by companies. I hope Papo is encouraged someday to make another big sauropod as his brachiosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oop, realised I've put this in the Papo thread. Sorry about that, was looking for Safari.

It doesn't mean that I don't want Papo to do any of these, I'd still be thrilled because most have them have excellent level of detail. I just wouldn't want a dinosaur that is supposed to be feathered from them though. Though I'd consider a big Gigantoraptor though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I would like Papo to make a paraceratherium among prehistoric mammals. Sincerely still in the toy market has not been made a paraceratherium that covers my expectations as a collector.

After the disappearance of the company Papo del coelodonta antiquitatis, I would like an elasmotherium or a teleoceras.

An estemmenosuchus or an arizonasaurus would be interesting figures among non-prehistoric animals.

On the other hand the gigantoraptor with a considerable size as its therizinosaurus would be a figure on my part very demanded.

Syndicate Bias

Be patient my friends next month the leaks begin

Reptilia

I wouldn't be that confident, last year was a sort of exception that we got the first news leaked in november, usually it takes up to mid or late december to know what Papo is going to release. We can still hope for an exclusive box set with a preview figure, like the young Spinosaurus just about a year ago.

Ivántirrophus

I would like to see a good detailed Papo postosuchus in 2019  :D

Shonisaurus

A spinosaurus (updated version in the style of Safari or Schleich) of Papo and a giganotosaurus Papo 2019 would be great.

On the other hand a postosuchus would be great, considering that they made an outstanding prehistoric crocodile as was the kaprosuchus.

Syndicate Bias

That Giga be mine this year I can feel it in my bones

Shonisaurus

I feel that it will be a giganotosaurus and it will be a work of art, the therizinosaurus and quetzalcoatlus of Papo 2018 will be a mere caricature compared to the giganotosaurus of Papo 2018. I suspect that there will be a giganotosaurus and I even have my hopes that they will make an updated spinosaurus.

dragon53

Two questions:

1. Besides Giganotosauus, what are the other rumored Papo dinosaurs for 2019?

2. Maybe I missed something in another post, but what is wrong with Papo's current Spinosauus?

Shonisaurus

D @dragon53 In my case there is nothing wrong with Papo's spinosaurus, on the contrary it is one of my favorite Papo theropod figures along with tyrannosaurus rex running, ceratosaurus, cryolophosaurus, feathered velociraptor and carnotaurus.

But I would like that apart from the spinosaurus that once made the Papo brand (exceptional one hundred percent), they made an updated spinosaurus in its new scientific version in the style of the spinosaurus of Vlad Konstantinov and Doug Watson. It would be great if there were two varieties of spinosaurus, the old scientific version and the new one.

MLMjp

Right now I'm probably one of the few people that at this point does not mind if Papo does not make a Giganotosaurus. At first I was like...c´mon Papo make that Giganotosaurus already! But because Papo never delivered, now I don't care. :P

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: MLMjp on October 01, 2018, 06:16:35 PM
Right now I'm probably one of the few people that at this point does not mind if Papo does not make a Giganotosaurus. At first I was like...c´mon Papo make that Giganotosaurus already! But beacause Papo never delivered, now I don't care. :P

Well they kinda had the hype built up but it died down because Vitae released one when everyone was eager for one from Papo, then PNSO is back so there's another one and then one of the best resin kits by Cen Dao Yi came out this year and well, it was in high demand but it's getting more figures from other sources that if papo came with one it wont be selling or making as big of an impression as it would've if they would simply listen to the community or at least check here every now and then

tanystropheus

Quote from: dragon53 on October 01, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
Two questions:

At this point, I think we should only list Giga in these Papo wish threads, until they actually release one.

Halichoeres

Quote from: dragon53 on October 01, 2018, 02:54:25 PM
Two questions:

2. Maybe I missed something in another post, but what is wrong with Papo's current Spinosauus?

1. I'm not aware of any other rumors.

2. Well, nothing if you want a JP dino. But if you want a figure that looks like the actual animal looked:

• the legs are too long
• the head is too broad and it has paired crests instead of a single midline crest like the real animal
• the jaws are the wrong shape, looking more like a crocodile than a spinosaurid
• the sail is the wrong shape

In other words, it's a JP Spino rather than a real Spino. Depends what you're after!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Well, it appears I haven't said mine yet...

Giganotosaurus
Sinoceratops
New Spinosaurus
Suchomimus
Corythosaurus
Gallimimus
Koreaceratops (Since Mr. Seo mentioned it in the same interview that the Giganotosaurus was mentioned in.)
Majungasaurus
Stygimoloch(Pachycephalosaurus spinifer)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: