You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Collection: A short goodbye (until we meet again) 3/7/23

Started by Bokisaurus, January 12, 2018, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 10, 2018, 10:37:26 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 10, 2018, 07:15:38 PM
Thats everyone :D
@ Suspsy - I can't believe they are not yet reviewed on the blog.Maybe one day once I'm caught up with my planned reviews. It could be fun.

I double-checked the blog's contents before making my previous post. It's really surprising to me how none of them have been reviewed. As I said, they're an important part of dinosaur toy history. They need to be part of the DTB!

Yes, they are important part of history. If I end up reviewing them? It will be as a whole set and through a different lense😃 cheers, and thankful for keeping the blog active!

Libraraptor

Yes it is so embarrassing having to give up the hope Basel Tsintao will arrive in Seattle. Now I will try to activate my network again in order to search for rests in stock
. No clue how many Invicta style Tsibtaos are still out there,  so I don't know If I will succeed,  but WHEN I do, Boki will be the first one to benefit. So sad to see obviously something went wrong during our trade...

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 11, 2018, 06:18:00 PM
Yes it is so embarrassing having to give up the hope Basel Tsintao will arrive in Seattle. Now I will try to activate my network again in order to search for rests in stock
. No clue how many Invicta style Tsibtaos are still out there,  so I don't know If I will succeed,  but WHEN I do, Boki will be the first one to benefit. So sad to see obviously something went wrong during our trade...
No problem, things like this happen. Maybe one day :)

Bokisaurus

Hello Dino Fans!
Well, I am off on vacation for the next 10 days, so I won't be able to post any collection pics for the next two weeks.
Before I leave, I wanted to share a different figure from my collection ;D
Well, here you go, a Bramatherium figure! If you con't know what that is ( I just found out about it a couple of years ago :))), you are not alone. Bramatherium is an extinct relative of the giraffe, just like the Sivatherium. It's most distinctive characteristics is it's huge horns! It really is a weird looking animal, who would have thought there would be so many odd and cool looking prehistoric relative the the giraffe? One day, I hope to have a herd of the different species of prehistoric giraffes .
When I became aware of this species, i wanted one in figure/toy form. But as we all know, not happening >:(
So I talked someone into making one for my collection, yeah impatient I am.
Anyway, I will leave you guessing as to who made this figure, answer when I come back ;D
Cheers!

Mini Minmi

What a strange creature, and what a beautiful figure! Love the paint job on it.

Shonisaurus

Nice figure this bramatherium and it is relatively large. Enjoy first of all your well-deserved Bokisaurus vacation.

stegosauria

Maybe Joan made this Bramatherium figure for you who recently made a Sivatherium figure?
And I'm sorry for your Basel Tsintaosaurus figure. It must be frustrating to make a deal just the post to lose it. Hope you can find one for a reasonable price and you enjoy your vacation.

Bokisaurus

I'm back ;) Wonderful vacation, too bad it ended ;D
So, anyone else guess who made the figure?
Regular collection post will resume tomorrow for those of you who follow, cheers, and thanks for looking ^-^

Bokisaurus

Well, so lets continue with he collection photos, after all that's what this thread is all about :D
After deliberation , I decided to feature the figures of some of the most interesting, fascinating, and under represented animals of the Burgess Shale from Canada.
These fascinating and odd invertebrates were the goal of an expedition by the ROM ( Royal Ontario Museum) back in 1975. And what a success it was, discovering some truly unique and odd creatures straight out of ones underwater nightmare :))
In general, prehistoric invertebrates are very much under represented in the toy world. But the few ones that does exist are truly beautiful figures.

ROM Primeval Predators Box Set
Back in the mid 2000"s ( not sure exactly when it was released, the ROM produced a set that highlights this descoveries. The set consist of five species found in that locale ( sorry, that other trilobite was from a different company, brown one)

The box set has proven to be difficult to acquire outside of Canada, and can cost a bit. I got my set way back a few years ago.
The species included Pikaia gracilens, Laggania cambria , Olenoides serratus , Opabinia regalis and Wiwaxia corrugata

I am including this one here since it came with the set, a gift from the seller I got it from ^-^

The box and art

Favorite Set
Then recently, Favorite also released a much diverse set of eight figures. This set is truly wonderful and much detailed that the older ROM set.
The figures came individually packaged, but I think they also came as a boxed set.

Each figure came with a card that has ll the info about the animal, as well as a diorama backing that you can pose your critter in from of. The scene comes in two different form

There are some truly odd animal in this set, some I never even heard of before ;D

The set is very much worth acquiring, they are truly one of the best invertebrate series ever produced. They are fairly easy to find on eBay, but the shipping cost usually double the price.

There are also other prehistoric invertebrates produced by other companies, such as Safari, TEDCO, Bullyland, Etc., but that will be for a later installment ;D
Hope you enjoyed the two sets.
Till the next time, cheers! ^-^

Lanthanotus

Nice invertebrate collection there,.... that "brown" trilobite is by Bullyland by the way ;)

Shonisaurus

Among Favorite's invertebrates there was also a yellow anomalocaris among the standard figures. I know because I bought the whole set two years ago.

On the other hand there are the large Soft Model figures of anomalocaris in both PVC and vinyl size and the large Soft model ophabinia in blue.

I congratulate you for your Roselaar figures and especially for those of the ROM company that are very rare figures in the toy market.

By the way, the brown trilobite is true is Bullyland.

Mini Minmi

Prehistoric invertebrates are so strange and beautifully alien. Two wonderful colorful sets!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 15, 2018, 07:26:35 PM
Hello Dino Fans!
Well, I am off on vacation for the next 10 days, so I won't be able to post any collection pics for the next two weeks.
Before I leave, I wanted to share a different figure from my collection ;D
Well, here you go, a Bramatherium figure! If you con't know what that is ( I just found out about it a couple of years ago :))), you are not alone. Bramatherium is an extinct relative of the giraffe, just like the Sivatherium. It's most distinctive characteristics is it's huge horns! It really is a weird looking animal, who would have thought there would be so many odd and cool looking prehistoric relative the the giraffe? One day, I hope to have a herd of the different species of prehistoric giraffes .
When I became aware of this species, i wanted one in figure/toy form. But as we all know, not happening >:(
So I talked someone into making one for my collection, yeah impatient I am.
Anyway, I will leave you guessing as to who made this figure, answer when I come back ;D
Cheers!

Haha, I forgot to reveal who the sculptor is! ^-^
Well, that person is me ;D I have always wanted to try my hands on sculpting, but was very intimidated and not really good at it. There are so many species I want to see as figures, but no one is making them, so i figured I will try my hands on some sculpting. Material is Super Sculpey.
Soon, I will share the rest of my sculpt, just figuring out if I should start a different thread for t hem or just include them here.
I did some fish, terror birds, and a few more ungulates. ^-^

Jose S.M.

That's a nice surprise, it's a really nice sculpt, I want to see more of what you've done.

Shonisaurus

Bokisaurus is a work of art. Of course you are an artist. You could sell your own line of prehistoric animals. They are of total beauty.

ceratopsian

Roselaar

The Burgess Shale set by ROM is a genre classic and one of the finest of its kind. Too bad I don't have the box that accompanied it, I love the art.

If this year wasn't costly enough already, I'd definitely have a go at those Favorite figures.

Bokisaurus

Thanks everyone! I am having a great time playing with sculpting ;D
I'm not that good at it, but it sure is fun. I have a few finished figures, I just have to paint them all now before I can show them here. I'm really excited about one prehistoric bird in particular  :)
So stay tuned, one day they will pop up here!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: