News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ITdactyl

Favorite just posted pics of the Smilodon and Mammoth on their facebook page.  Release date wasn't shared though.

Roselaar

Quote from: ITdactyl on April 22, 2014, 01:32:55 PM
Favorite just posted pics of the Smilodon and Mammoth on their facebook page.  Release date wasn't shared though.

I don't have Facebook, could you please post those pics up here? :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I don't care for mammals, but those don't look too good. What's with the big seam line on the sabre-tooth?

sauroid

i think they are the big, literally soft rubbery ones

Roselaar

I'll give those a pass. They're not on par with Favorite's dinosaurs.

Takama

postsaurischian

That's better. I like the Mammoth.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Bokisaurus

Reminds me of the foamy Bullyland figures from years ago ;D

Roselaar

Still not impressed. They just lack the detail and general awesomeness of the dinosaurs IMO. I have better hopes for the Dunkleosteus and Anomalocaris though.

Daspletodave

I like the mammoth and saber tooth (the facebook pics, not the soft rubbery ones). Looks like Favorite is starting to branch out a bit. That could be good news for their Dinosaur Soft Model line.

Seijun

Not impressed with the sabertooth, looks very similar to the bullyland prehistoric cats in fugliness level. The mammoth, however, looks very good.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

postsaurischian

^-^  Favorite 'Prehistoric Life'  Woolly Mammoth  (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)
                                                                                        Some more pics here.

John

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 07, 2014, 09:47:45 PM

^-^  Favorite 'Prehistoric Life'  Woolly Mammoth  (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)
                                                                                        Some more pics here.

Very nice!  :)
Where did you get it from?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

postsaurischian

Quote from: John on June 07, 2014, 10:07:10 PM
Very nice!  :)
Where did you get it from?

Ordered directly from Favorite by a friend.

Roselaar

It's okay. Not the best Mammoth, not the worst. The lack of detail on the tusks feels kinda off compared to the rest of the figure.

Anyone hear any news about the upcoming Dunkleosteus and Anomalocaris?

amargasaurus cazaui

Helge would you be able to elaborate at all on the cost or availiblility of the mammoth? I would like to try for one for my fathers tusk display given the lack of decent mastodon figures.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ikessauro

Cool figure, I hope it becomes easily available to us soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: