You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Psittacosaurus family plastic, vinyl and resin toys

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, July 28, 2012, 08:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

My new Cradley Road Gobi Expedition Deluxe Psittacosaurus model arrived Today !!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
at least I dint say limited , extra rare, or limited holographic trading card included !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Based on the paper I recently located suggesting a known scale pattern and coloration for Psittacosaurus, I am toying with a few ideas.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20354675?report=abstract
( Am also looking for help how to get the full version of the paper without spending a small fortune if anyone has any ideas)
             I believe Aaron is on board with the idea of offering one of his psittacosaurus models at 1/6 scale, which would be twice as large as the 1/12 versions that he has now. I would like to acquire one and have Martin paint it using the now known colors and patterning for the Psittacosaurus specimen found. The question asks itself...is the model accurate? Could anything be modified to further enhance its accuracy? Provided I can score the long version of the paper , perhaps the known scales could be added in , without too much hassle. Ideas ? How about the poses we chose? Aaron began with a basic walking pose, and I asked for the others....lying down, a "rooting" or drinking pose, and the sniffing or scenting pose....all of them seem nice to me, but what other poses could we have tried? 

I am posting some of the images from my collection, mostly taken by Martin and Marilyn.

The images begin with Manuel's Yinlong, because I am tossing around the idea of seeing if this could also be done at 1/6 and painted to match the psittacosaurus I am considering. The next set, were a comission I asked of Martin to recreate the Carnegie "look" using Aaron's model . The last model is of course the center piece of my collection, using all four of the Doyle model poses, painted and based by Martin.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: mnemosaurus on August 15, 2012, 07:23:18 AM
There's the Starlux Psittacosaurus, and there's one in the small Panini figure set (if I'm correct) and I've got a nice tiny Psittacosaurus from a German set (sold in plastic eggs in the 80's-90's).  :D

Unfortunately I'm not able to upload any images at the moment...
This is what I was referring to Jan...but I have never seen the figure.

amargasaurus cazaui

amargasaurus cazaui

Arcaheoceratops herd....these guys are WSF, a herd of seven ranging in size from 2.5 to 3.5 inches. They printed rather well for small and detail loaded, however a few of the smallers seem to be missing a claw or a few quills here and there. They are visiting Martin now to be made into a group herd scene . Stay tuned

tyrantqueen

They look good :) I'm surprised the tail quills printed at all, when I received my Archaeo in FUD, it flat out didn't have any.

They will make an awesome diorama, for sure.

I'm happy that I was able to aid you in getting these models for your collection. I've always liked your stuff, it's one of my favourites here on the forum for its uniqueness.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 23, 2014, 03:17:46 AM
They look good :) I'm surprised the tail quills printed at all, when I received my Archaeo in FUD, it flat out didn't have any.

They will make an awesome diorama, for sure.

I'm happy that I was able to aid you in getting these models for your collection. I've always liked your stuff, it's one of my favourites here on the forum for its uniqueness.
From the go, this set would not be possible without your help TQ and thanks so much for all you have done so far. I am getting some very nice basal dinosaurs done, that I could never have hoped for otherwise.
  I am glad you made the comment about being unique and what not....I do not think I could collect like some, where I rush to dump the contents of my latest box on the table, so I can show off the same dinosaurs from the same box that two other people did yesterday. I doubt I will ever be the kind that gets all sweaty palmed and excited over some Jurassic park Dinosaur figure....I really would not get into running after feathered raptors and owning a whole table of different two foot resin T-rexes would not do a thing for me. ( I am talking about myself here, not trying to critique those who collect the things I mentioned) For one thing I do not require anyone else to really get what I am doing or for that matter be impressed or care....and since I wont ever sell my models it doesnt matter to me what value others place in them. I follow the road I am one and go where it leads me, and its fun. I get to have figures and models most would never think of or even imagine. Of course its even better when someone else gets it and says wow, thats nice.I appreciate all your help and thanks for seeing the unique that many miss

triceratops83

Hey Amargasaurus, do you have the Kaiyodo 2004 Psittacosaurus family? There's been one on Ebay this last week. Used but looks good.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

amargasaurus cazaui

So far I do not have that model or the Salvat, although both are on my to be acuired list someday soon !!!

amargasaurus cazaui

Flippin genius.....3D files from www.Renderosity.com, and artist Dinoraul, adjustments by Tyranntqueen, printing by Shapeways, and paints and base by the master, Martin Garratt . Planning and idea by....well ,Me. These little guys are Aracheoceratops, a cousin to the recently named American dinosaur Aquilops. A small herd scene, the individuals are different sizes, different poses and all hand selected. Since this set of models are only a digital file, this is perhaps the only hard copy of them in existence. . Some heavy duty props to Martin for the amazing scene, including the water feature along the front edge....

DinoLord

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

tyrantqueen

I already expressed my feelings on this piece to you via PM, but I think it's gorgeous. Reminds me of a meerkat mob, the way one guy seems to be on "sentry duty". :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Think it deserves noting these were discovered by tyranntqueen, on renderosity and she is the one who also figured out how to alter the file so it could be printed.....in short, this model would not exist if not for the help tyranntqueen gave in making it happen.....credit where due.

postsaurischian

:D Awesome scenery! Very beautiful, I love individual pieces!
     My favourite Aracheoceratops is the one running uphill on the tree stub.

....... another wonderful DTF collaboration :)!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 29, 2015, 08:00:14 AM
Think it deserves noting these were discovered by tyranntqueen, on renderosity and she is the one who also figured out how to alter the file so it could be printed.....in short, this model would not exist if not for the help tyranntqueen gave in making it happen.....credit where due.
You're welcome, I am happy to help :)

postsaurischian

What about this little Chinese Psittaco fella, do you have it Michael?

amargasaurus cazaui

I dont have this one, and cannot recall ever seeing it, either. Is it part of a set or something I missed?

postsaurischian

It's a Chinasaur and I have no idea to which set it belongs.
It is being sold as Psittacosaurus and I got this one ^  for less than cheap, thinking of your Psittaco-Collection.
If you want it please PM me your address again :).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: