News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Levi Rawl Repaints

Started by Cretaceous Crab, February 22, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

This thread will feature all of my repaints. Unless I'm doing a specific epoch or series, most of my inspiration comes from reptiles from the same geolographic area as

the species in question. Sometimes it's a direct copy, but sometimes once I start painting, it goes another direction.

My first repaint, Safar LTD Wild Safari (WS) Dilophosaurus. Paint scheme: ringneck snake

Carnegie Giganotosaurus. Inspiration: Columbian red-tailed boa

Carnegie Carnotaurus. Inspiration: Horned Frog aka "Pac-Man" frog

Carnegie Saltsaurus, Inspiration: red-footed tortoise

Carnegie Dimetrodon. Inspiration: Phillipine Sail-fin dragon

WS Monolophosaurus. Inspiration: Red-Mountain Racer snake

WS Allosaurus. Inspiration: "The Hunt" from Ricardo Delgado's Age of Reptiles

WS Edmontosaurus. Inspiration: "The Journey" from Ricardo Delgado's Age of Reptiles

WS Suchomimus. Inspiration: Angolan python

WS Spinosaurus. Inspiration: "Ancient Egyptians" from Ricardo Delgado's Age of Reptiles

WS Nigersaurus. Inspiration: Ornate Uromastyx

Halichoeres

Cool repaints, and I'm newly familiar with some lizards I wasn't aware of :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Cretaceous Crab

Forgot about this one....

Carnegie Beipasaurus. Inspiration: chinstrap penguin (this one was for my son who is obsessed with penguins)

Fenestra

Nice job!
I like it when people give their collection their own personal twist.

IrritatorRaji

Oh, I've seen your repaints on Facebook! Weren't you selling that Nigersaurus? Is it still for sale?
Your Edmontosaurus is my favourite by far though.

Jose S.M.

I really like it, I love penguins.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on February 24, 2018, 05:13:29 PM
Oh, I've seen your repaints on Facebook! Weren't you selling that Nigersaurus? Is it still for sale?
Your Edmontosaurus is my favourite by far though.

Yes...or for trade, see my wshlist page http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6572.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.