News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battat 2018

Started by DC, February 26, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Roselaar on March 05, 2018, 10:18:07 PM
No mention of Dan is despicable, but I like that they kept the same package. But boy, are these big! Are they all the same size or is there some scale involved?

The only one they had was the Utahraptor, and the T.Rex with mountain. I think they were the same size

Sim

Quote from: Roselaar on March 05, 2018, 10:18:07 PM
No mention of Dan is despicable

I don't think there's anything wrong with not mentioning Dan.  I'm not aware of any involvement Dan had with these articulated figures, who knows if he would've wanted his name on the packaging for them.  Also, the Battat Utahraptor was by Gregory Wenzel, and its colour scheme is not a repaint by Dan.

microraptorgui

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but I'm new at this and need some help from wiser, more experienced members.  I just tried to attach a picture about Battat's new line and couldn't figure out how to do it for the life of me!  How do I post a picture on here? When I click the button labelled "Insert Image," it just inserts "img" in brackets, without opening up any files on my computer.  When I click "Attachments and other options" at the bottom, it just opens up some check boxes, but I still don't see any way to open files.  I tried copying the picture and pasting it, but no can do.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

mgaguilar

@Takama, do you have photos of any of the other sets?

Quote from: microraptorgui on March 05, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in, but I'm new at this and need some help from wiser, more experienced members.  I just tried to attach a picture about Battat's new line and couldn't figure out how to do it for the life of me!  How do I post a picture on here? When I click the button labelled "Insert Image," it just inserts "img" in brackets, without opening up any files on my computer.  When I click "Attachments and other options" at the bottom, it just opens up some check boxes, but I still don't see any way to open files.  I tried copying the picture and pasting it, but no can do.

@microraptorgui You need to host the image on a image-sharing platform (imgur, photobucket(ugh), etc.) and obtain the "BBC Code" for the image, in which you then place that code between the "brackets-img-brackets____brackets-backslash-img-brackets" brackets.

EDIT: Formatting.

Takama

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 05, 2018, 10:42:04 PM
@Takama, do you have photos of any of the other sets?

No i do not have a picture of the other sets.   The only ones they had were the Utahraptor and T.Rex with Mountain. and the motain set was not put up until a few moments before i had to leave.

sauroid

Quote from: microraptorgui on March 05, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
hi, try this instruction.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

microraptorgui

I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!

microraptorgui

Once I upload a photo to a photo sight like Yahoo or Imgur, do the settings for the photo on the site have to be public in order for the forum to see them once I paste the URL on here?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Scrolling through, I was excited for a split second when I saw the utahraptor in a Terra box. Then I saw that it's the articulated version...
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

Articulated is not a word i would use to describe this.

The arms only serve to make the model roar. and the jaw cannot close.

I did not buy one, because i did not have the money.   But i think i may buy one to review on the Blog.

Flaffy

I already smell the cheap plastic in the air...
Battat why...

microraptorgui

I saw this display at my local Target today:

[/url]20180305_130156 by Robert Clark, on Flickr[/img]

(Not sure if I'm doing this right, since this is my first time posting a photo.  I tried two different ways.  Hopefully this will work...)

microraptorgui

Hrm. Looks like my attempt at posting a photo didn't work. I created a Flickr account and tried posting it with the https associated with the photo and also with the BBCode. I found both of these after clicking "Share Photo." Fellow Flickr users, what am I doing wrong?

Simon

[ IMG]http://PHOTOURL[/img]

NOTE:  there is no space after the first [

I had to do that to get the command to show up in the post.  ;)

Simon

Step 1:  Type [ img] (Remember - there is no space between the [ and img !!!)

Step 2: Type the URL (without any spaces) https://myphoto.jpg

STep 3: Type [/img] (no spaces between Steps 1-3)

The problem with your link is that I can't identify the photo url on FLickr for that photo.  So I downloaded it, and uploaded it to postimage instead.  Here is it:

FlawedCoil82

As their own thing, I may have been interested in those as a kid. The problem I have is that they seem to be coming out at the expense of the normal figures. Certainly not an equal trade...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on March 06, 2018, 02:11:45 AM

I did not buy one, because i did not have the money.   But i think i may buy one to review on the Blog.

I'm surprised that you didn't pick them up  ;)

microraptorgui

Quote from: Simon on March 06, 2018, 05:21:51 AM
Step 1:  Type [ img] (Remember - there is no space between the [ and img !!!)

Step 2: Type the URL (without any spaces) https://myphoto.jpg

STep 3: Type [/img] (no spaces between Steps 1-3)

The problem with your link is that I can't identify the photo url on FLickr for that photo.  So I downloaded it, and uploaded it to postimage instead.  Here is it:

Thanks so much, Simon!

Anyway, now that everyone can see the pic, I'll add that I was a little surprised by how big the new Battats are.  I'm not excited by the new figures, but hey, my local Target now has TWO top rows of Battat dinosaur toys, and the nicer models keep getting restocked, so they don't appear to be going away any time soon.  I've seen all of the models recently except for the Cryolophosaurus and the Nanshiungosaurus, unfortunately.  So glad I picked those up when I had the chance.  But I do think we still have much to be thankful for.  And who knows, these silly new roaring toy-versions might even draw more kids to the Battat dinosaur section and result in more sales of the more accurate models!  We'll see what happens.

EmperorDinobot

What really matters here is that there are going to be tons of dinosaur toys in stores this year.

It's good for indoctrination purposes.

laticauda

Quote from: Takama on March 06, 2018, 02:11:45 AM

I had a similar thought when I walked past them at Target. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: