You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimbeard

This must be one of the oldest depictions of a feathered dromeosaur and it depite the pronated hands, looks so much ahead of its time.

If I noticed correctly, that Triceratops has a "hump-frill". IIRC there was short-lived theory about the ceratopsian frills working as anchor points for insanely huge and powerfull jaw muscles in the early 80s (which would have almost completly immobilzed the head, hence it was quickly disregared). Its so cool to see such a niche theory has gotten imortalized in toy form.

BrontoScorpio

Another small addition from the 'Western dinos on my Watchlist' :

Two Ovomaltine prehistoric creatures / Dinosaurs :

I kind of hesitated whether they belong with the mini-monochrome shelf - but , eventually, they joined my small Vintage shelf at the bottom.

Duna

Oh, those Ovomaltines are a true gem with an original sculpt, very scarce today. You don't see them on sale very often. I think they fit perfectly were the Lindes are, because they are very much alike.  The diplodocus is probable one of the best.

Shonisaurus

Curious vintage figures. How cool is that collection. I'm glad for you.

BrontoScorpio

A suplement to my Kleinwelka collection ( More details at the bottom of the original post )

Libraraptor

Wow, avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio it seems I haven´t been commenting on your recent hauls for quite a while. I even admit I missed this thread, for I check the "Recent Acquisitions" thread more often than the individual collection threads. Only now I see all the things I missed, and wow, it blows me away! Those "Aus-Ben" have a cool vibe and the Ovomaltine figures are super rare as I have heard.

Those "Ü-Ei" (Ü = "Überraschung" = surprise /"Ei" = egg, pronounced like "aye") dinosaurs you show us were distributed via the "Kinder Surprise Eggs" in the late 70s / early 80s in Germany. I used to have some, but found them too cartoonish and sold them, which I regret very much nowadays... They are relatively easy to acquire, assumed one wants to spend some money on them. A green Iguanodon variant, for example, stands at € 103 on Ebay Germany at the moment:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/353848127242?hash=item5262fdef0a:g:QnAAAOSw3kVh11fl

And I love the Kleinwelkas, all of which I fortunately have, too!

A few weeks ago you asked what this Kleinwelka - Großwelka thing is all about. Here comes help; it seems they are two different institutions bordering each other. The models in the "Sauriergarten" look a little different from the "Saurierpark" models. Here´s what it says on the homepage:

"The prehistoric exhibition and educational facility "Sauriergarten Grosswelka" borders on the "Saurierpark Kleinwelka" and has meanwhile made the place of the same name known throughout Europe and worldwide. Hundreds of thousands of visitors from near and far, including many families, school classes, travel, hiking and interest groups as well as individual tourists, have so far experienced this attractive form of recreating prehistoric times."

So congrats on all those figures. I´d love to visit you in person and stroll through the shelves with you!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on this new vintage acquisition, you are an extremely lucky person.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 13, 2022, 10:08:54 AM
Wow, .... Only now I see all the things I missed, and wow, it blows me away! ...
Thank you for the elaborate explanations - I knew you were the one who can bring me further information regarding those examples.

BrontoScorpio

Realy the last european figure for this stage :
From the 'antediluvian miniatures' collection :
'Hylaeosaurus' from the Crystal palace models :

I glued the legs and now he can join his other half that I have received earlier - the Megalosaurus :

CityRaptor

Can't get much more retro than these.

Although these metal limbs really look off.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Wasn't this company to make them in polystone or similar to a rock, if I don't recall bad?

UK

They are great figures once made up and painted.

The metal adds a nice bit of weight and balance to them.

I was lucky to get the Antediluvian Miniatures to fix up and paint mine. The photo is of a friends collection.

Duna

They look cool! :) I didn't think about the weight of the metal, that sounds nice.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: UK on January 24, 2022, 10:59:22 AM
I was lucky to get the Antediluvian Miniatures to fix up and paint mine. The photo is of a friends collection.
I realy do think you were able to get the actual  prototypes ...  :)

Libraraptor

UK

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on January 24, 2022, 11:50:27 AM
Quote from: UK on January 24, 2022, 10:59:22 AM
I realy do think you were able to get the actual  prototypes ...  :)
I think with three of them you are probably right. I had to wait a long time for him to complete his commission for me and he  just ran out of time. He has talent but would have needed to complete them in a day so I guess he gave me the originals and reworked some at a later date. They do match the website photos too.

BrontoScorpio

As I have promissed - The above was the last western item for now.
I go back to the real cool stuff - Dinos from Japan !!!

The past year or so, I ordered many things, but some were delayed for so long due to the COVID-19 issues -
So, eventually I got tons of stuff at the same time - and now I just need to find the time to upload it here.

First, 'Monstrosities'  came online once more - and that was a good oppertunity to complete some stock shortages :
the 1st two packages I got from him :

Inside - two Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/20 premade Vinyl figures :

It puts me in a dilema - since I allready bought and assembled the Kit by  myself - but, the pre-made has always additional collectible value :

And bough another assembled one :

Now I got a display problem - which version to choose :

- The old one :

Somewhere in between :

Or the newly bought :

But, at list now I got all 4 pre-made Kaiyodo DINOLAND 1/20 Ceratopsians :

-  Styracosaurus
-  Chasmosaurus
-  Triceratops
-  Anchiceratops

From above you can see how much larger the Triceratops is than all others :
I wonder if the scale 1/20 is correct for all four.

BrontoScorpio

Another Vinyl Kaiyodo Kit : An infant T-rex :

It now has been remake and sold whole in 6 colors :

but, I got the original Kit from the 90's:

It comes with a lot of spare material from the mold :

The spares need to be cut off :

After gluing all parts, the little one can meet his mom - The DINOLAND 1/35 V1 T-rex :

And his pal from kindergarten, which I received earlier :

Here's a nice suggestion  for a  color scheme to both - taken, I believe, from DINOTALES S1.
I'll have to think about it :

BrontoScorpio

Another Big parcel with two boxes inside from 'Monstrosities' :

Inside the big box - an amazing Horizon Resin display model Elasmosaurus :

It comes on a very heavy wooden stand and glass-like waves :

The heavy body is placed onto those fine light blue waves :

Together with the Horizon built-up 1/30 Vinyl Kit by Christopher Swift :

BrontoScorpio

Now, what's with the small box from above ...
The Kaiyodo 1/20 DINOLAND Elasmosaurus Vinyl Kit :

The other two from above came to watch what all this fuss is all about :

The Kit has many spare mold parts that needs to be cleaned away :

It wasn't simple at all - I had to ask a friend's help - to use pneumatic tools in his garage.
The material is so hard - maybe I should have used hot water - but, I'm not sure this particular material responds to heat in a way that cutting be made easier :

Glueing everything was not an easy task either - but now it's all assembled and ready to go out and hunt his dinner :

I realy like this one - the wrinkles and the texture of the skin make it look so professional and authentic :

With a different light :

See how it dwarfs the Horizon Elasmosaurus kit :

The problem with those marine reptiles - is how to display them and make them stand.
I chose to let it 'hover' above the back of my Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus :

Gave it an additional hight - Now it doesn't even take up almost any 'shelf space'  :

This one was hard to get - but, with it I can conclude the Kaiyodo 95's Vinil Catalog :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: