You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BrontoScorpio's Recent Acquisitions & finds ( Please Don't Quote Pictures !!! )

Started by BrontoScorpio, March 01, 2018, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:D  Wonderful! I have many of these fish, crabs and insects.
     Yujin was unbeatable when it comes to such sets. Great collection! Love those boxes.

BrontoScorpio

BrontoScorpio

Another late arrival - that should have landed at my door long ago -
The rest of the Japanese 2023 Dino expo accessories -

- Dinosaur Expo 2023 Official Catalog  ( 恐竜博 2023 公式図録 図鑑 )

This year the Catalog is full of fossils pictures

And many more skeletons

It deals a lot with the mounting of skeletons

And is heavily excavations oriented :

And not so much about living dinosaurs reconstructions :

As always - I try to get commemorative medal ( 記念メダル ) from the Expo.
This year - it was so nice and colorful - I got two ...

ceratopsian

BrontoScorpio

If medals are concerned - also got  this T-rex 'National museum' medal :

It is actually the last in 4 T-rex medals, joining the other 3 I got earlier :

It looks like they used the same figure for different events - that is quite common in Japan :

BrontoScorpio

My all time favorites :
Kaiyodo Dinotales ( ダイノテイルズ )  Chocolasaurus ( チョコラザウルス ) -  Series no. 4

In my opinion - The most colourful and impressive of the 8 sets :

The dinos :

The Devonian & Carboniferous creatures :

Also came along some of the 5th series - which is highly dino oriented almost exclusively :

These ones are also filled with colors - but not as vivid and bright as in the 4th set :

CityRaptor

Oh, Dinotales Series 4!

Very important series for me. My brother got me one as a souvenir from his Japan vacation, which turned out to be the "white" Tarbosaurus. It ultimately led to me discovering this forum as well as a restructuring of my collection, which back then mainly consisted of Revell, Dinosaur Collection and Jurassic Park figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ceratopsian

Series 4 dinosaurs glow like jewels. I found them early in my collecting career.

BrontoScorpio

Some Addition to my collection of Kokoro ( ココロ )  Dinosaurs :
Another two old ones :
- Spinosaurus
- Dilophosaurus
Obviously not in scale with each other ...

This one must have been exhibitted once in the Tokyo National museum :

And my growing collection of Kokoro Dinosaurs :

Libraraptor

Leyster

I don't think I've ever seen the Dromaeosaur (Deinonychus?) before, do you mind sharing some more pictures? (I already tried the "search in this topic" fuction, but apparently it doesn't work for me at the moment).
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

BrontoScorpio

Search doesn't work for 'this topic' and even for the 'entire board' it works in a way it only finds the last mention of the term in each thread ... bummer ...

As for the Deinonychus above :

I saw it in a Lot while back on Mercari and immediately snatched it - knowing how special it is.
It is made of hollow hard Vinyl.

BrontoScorpio

Next is a real piece of History :
Bandai ( バンダイ )  Realsaurus ( リアルサウルス) Candy toy ( 製の食玩 ) Complete Set  -

Released back in 1997 It predated DinoTales ( Kaiyodo ), DinoWorld ( Kabaya ), and DinoModels ( Furuta ) as a realistic candy toy.
And unfortunately, like the other Classic Bandai - 'The Dinosaur Complete Works' ( バンダイ 恐竜全集  )  and 'The Latest dinosaur studies' ( 最新恐竜学 )
It is really hard to come by.

Leyster

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on June 18, 2023, 09:02:04 PMI saw it in a Lot while back on Mercari and immediately snatched it - knowing how special it is.
It is made of hollow hard Vinyl.

It's really nice, I like its retro aesthetic. It has that sort of '90 feels.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

BrontoScorpio

One colourful Metal - yet another Dromeaosaur :

Jurassic Park USJ Universal Studios Die-cast metal figurine 
( ジュラシックパーク USJ  ユニバーサルスタジオ ダイキャスト 金属 置物 )
Bought at a USJ ( Universal Studios Japan ) event :

With some other USJ event products - this time two hard rubber with a 'Bandai' look and feel ...

BrontoScorpio

Last metal figure is also the best yet -
Metal  Diplocaulus (  金属  ディプロカウルス ) from the National Museum of Nature and Science ( 国立科学博物館 ) souvenir shop set.

It is by  far the most mysterious, odd and strange model of the set - both in appearance and size and simply in relation to the choosing of this creature
alongside some 'conventional' dinosaurs - and if at all - why does this model is the biggest of them all ? ...
It is by far the hardest to get - and the priciest as well - I think this was only the 2nd time I saw it being offered -

There it is, in a comparison shot, next to some of my other Dinosaurs of the Tokyo Museum shop.

My metal museum models shelf is all but packed - had to give the poor Diplocaulus a lift in the back to allow it to admire the view ...

BrontoScorpio

I have spoken too hastily - yet I just got another metal dino :

Two of the Tokyo museum metal dinos have come to greet the two newcomers :

Those are Two Metal SRG Dinosaurs from The American Museum of Natural History ( AMNH ) in New York from the mid 40th to 50th -

I find these two - Dimetrodon and T-rex - to be the most Iconoc in the set - especially the T-rex inspired by Allen's three-quarter-view painting -

They are surprisingly big and heavy - so I'm happy I went towards getting items from the Big set and not the small one -
even though it cost quite a lot to get them here ...
Here with a comparison shot to some other vintage lines :

Some pics I found to put in scale the small and the big set together

TooOldForDinosaurs

Congrats! The SRG Dinos have a special charm to them. I think my favorite are the Brontosaurus, the Stego and the Pteranodon. :)

BrontoScorpio

One Last assorted bunch of small figures have arrived :

In which I introduce eleven small JP Gachapon ( ガチャポン ) figures by Takara Tomy Arts ( タカラトミーアーツ )

The Series consists of seven different sets from which I have taken out those deemed as the best in my opinion :

"Brachiosaurus" 「ブラキオサウルス」

from 'Jurassic Park Figure Collection'  (  ジュラシック・パークフィギュアコレクション )

"Pteranodon" 「プテラノドン」

from 'Jurassic World Figure Collection'  (  ジュラシック・ワールド フィギュアコレクション )

"Allosaurus"  「アロサウルス」 , "blue"  「ブルー」 and "Nasturceratops" 「ナーストケラトプス」

from 'Jurassic World Stand Figure Collection 2'  ( ジュラシック・ワールド スタンドフィギュアコレクション2 )

"Stiggy" 「スティギー」

from ' Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom desktop figure' ( ジュラシック・ワールド/炎の王国  デスクトップフィギュア )

"Mosasaurus"  「モササウルス」

from ' Jurassic World / Fallen Kingdom Stand Figure Collection'  ( ジュラシック・ワールド/炎の王国 スタンドフィギュアコレクション )

"Therizinosaurus" 「テリジノサウルス」 」 and "Giganotosaurus"  「ギガノトサウルス 」

from ' Jurassic World/Dominion Stand Figure ' ( ジュラシック・ワールド/新たなる支配者  スタンドフィギュア )

"Pyroraptor" 「ピロラプトル」

from ' Jurassic World Dominion Raptors Collection' ( ジュラシック・ワールド 新たなる支配者 ラプターズコレクション )

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on June 23, 2023, 09:36:12 AMCongrats! The SRG Dinos have a special charm to them. I think my favorite are the Brontosaurus, the Stego and the Pteranodon. :)
Well, it is exactly the opposite with me - I like best the T-rex, dimetrodon and the Trachodon -
The way they made these three is iconic and distinctive for SRG.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: