News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Hopefully it is an unknown or little unknown theropod in the market of the toy of the dinosaur as metriacanthosaurus, rajasaurus, abelisaurus, majungasaurus, gorgosaurus, alioramus, daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, zhuchentyrannus, tarbosaurus, megalosaurus, tyrannotytan, irritator, suchomimus, ichythiovenator, sincerely I would like any of those figures to a classic dinosaur like tyrannosaurus, giganotosaurus, carnotaurus, ceratosaurus, allosaurus or acrocanthosaurus to name a few examples.

I'm glad that Eofauna starts making figures of dinosaurs and what better start than it is a theropod.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 01, 2018, 09:51:59 AM
Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on October 01, 2018, 09:23:51 AM

Just posted on Facebook. Guess who's getting putting their talents into the dino-toy-scene ;P

If I were to make an educated guess...

It's a Kelenken.

Well, as much as I'd like to see that or any other giant bird as a Moa or so, that tail shadow tells me something different ;)

Jetoar

The shade is not thick. I think could be a allosauroid, In addition, Eofauna is a sapnish company so it could be a Concavenator
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Nanuqsaurus

I'm curious to see what an Eofauna dinosaur looks like, although I have no doubt it'll be spectacular! :D I hope it's a somewhat lesser known dinosaur. Like Jetoar suggested, a Concavenator would be great!

Shonisaurus

I would prefer it to be a moa or a concavenator. It could even be a pelecanimimus.

Syndicate Bias

Honestly I wouldn't mind a Carcha but the Giga hasn't had much popularity until these last two years we are finally getting at least 1 or 2 every year. Rex on the other hand I see a new one monthly

MLMjp

Judging for those feet and shadow it looks like a light built theropod.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on October 01, 2018, 11:25:53 AM
Judging for those feet and shadow it looks like a light built theropod.

It looks like an ostrich dinosaur like the struthiomimus, pelecanimus or garudimimus to give three examples.

JohannesB

I am very excited about this one. Looks like it could indeed be an allosaurid or Concavenator. Or a slender tyrannosaurid? Or an abelisaurid? I skipped their straight-tusked elephant, but this one I will probably buy. Hope it will be 1/35 or 1/40 scale.

Patrx

Oh, now this is exciting! There are so many things it could be. Even an ornithischian, although the scutes on the toes technically don't work for an ornithischian.

ceratopsian

I saw this on Facebook just as I was leaving the house this morning, so no time to post it.  Exciting!  I would have liked to see four legs rather than two, but that is just my personal bias.  Those feet and lower legs are remarkably svelte and slender.  I wonder how long we shall be kept in suspense?

suspsy

It could be any large theropod, save for Spinosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

This is very exciting, given the quality of their first figures it's sure that whatever it is is going to be a hit.

Shonisaurus

I hope it is a concavenator in the toy market there are representative figures but honestly I would like there to be a version more apart from those of Collecta, Carnegie (unfortunately discontinued) and Favorite (all three are fabulous concavenator versions) and even better than these three versions.

Minmiminime

I wasn't expecting them to move into dinosaurs so quickly! Though I'm sure I read somewhere they were planning to release a dinosaur for December (there's every chance I dreamed that?!). I was kind of hoping for more Paleocene/Eocene fauna, but either way...my poor cabinet!! ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

stargatedalek

Why does that shadow look so thin? The neck also looks quite long. Could it be a red-herring?

Ravonium

Well, they told me the 3rd figure was going to be a dinosaur, so props to them for keeping that promise  :)  As for ID, I'm guessing, based on the shape of the shadow, that it's some sort of carnosaur.

Sauropelta

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 01, 2018, 08:07:38 PM
Why does that shadow look so thin? The neck also looks quite long. Could it be a red-herring?

The shadowing suggests it's some type of theropod. Feet also give it away.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sauropelta on October 01, 2018, 08:47:15 PM

Birds are therapods. It could be a bird, though I don't think it is.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ravonium

Quote from: Sauropelta on October 01, 2018, 08:47:15 PM

In this context, 'red herring' isn't literal; it's an expression used to refer to something distracting from a relevant issue (e.g. Here, I think SGD is suggesting either the shadow and/or the figure are red herrings, because they don't match eachother.).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: