News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Yes, the shadow looks like it doesn't match. There is either some sort of light trickery or the figure is incredibly thin (which means given what we know to expect from Eofauna, there is some light trickery going on, the question is how much).

Halichoeres

I'll be very surprised if it isn't Concavenator.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

It can be a dinosaur belonging to the Ornithomimidae family. Same as a garudimimus, ornithomimus, pelecanimus, gallimimus or struthimimus.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 01, 2018, 10:45:53 PM
It can be a dinosaur belonging to the Ornithomimidae family. Same as a garudimimus, ornithomimus, pelecanimus, gallimimus or struthimimus.

It has a dew claw (the small inner toe) Ornithomimids don't have those.

Fembrogon

Let the excitement commence!! It's definitely hard to tell what this animal is, from the feet and the shadow, but it makes an excellent tease. As long as it's not a genus that has ample representation already, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Did Eofauna say they were committing to 1/35 scale for ALL their models, or just their mammals? If everything is a consistent scale, then that presumably narrows down the range of what this might be. I doubt their going for smaller animals just yet. Their likely trying to build up a back catalog of more impressive, large-bodied animals first.
Hence, it's unlikely to be a medium-bodied or smaller theropod. Probably larger than Concavenator, as much as I would love to see that.

I preemptively congratulate them on their first dinosaur, but I hope they don't take too long to give us another one of their excellent prehistoric mammals, considering how underrepresented they are! I'm really hoping for a Paraceratherium so as to round out the trifecta of "largest land mammals ever".

Takama

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 02, 2018, 12:41:44 AM
Did Eofauna say they were committing to 1/35 scale for ALL their models, or just their mammals? If everything is a consistent scale, then that presumably narrows down the range of what this might be. I doubt their going for smaller animals just yet. Their likely trying to build up a back catalog of more impressive, large-bodied animals first.
Hence, it's unlikely to be a medium-bodied or smaller theropod. Probably larger than Concavenator, as much as I would love to see that.

From what i heard

All future models will be 1:35 Except Sauropods, which will be 1:40

Quote from: Takama on October 02, 2018, 01:07:23 AM

From what i heard

Thanks!

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 02, 2018, 12:44:04 AM
I preemptively congratulate them on their first dinosaur, but I hope they don't take too long to give us another one of their excellent prehistoric mammals, considering how underrepresented they are! I'm really hoping for a Paraceratherium so as to round out the trifecta of "largest land mammals ever".

Oops, I forgot, Deinotherium is pretty close to the top of the "largest land mammal" list too. So... a quadfecta, I guess?

Fembrogon

Quote from: Takama on October 02, 2018, 01:07:23 AM
Did Eofauna say they were committing to 1/35 scale for ALL their models, or just their mammals?
From what i heard

From the Steppe Mammoth thread:

Quote from: Eofauna on March 01, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
In this sense, we have decided to go for the 1:35 scale for future models (at least for Proboscideans and large theropods, big sauropods should be in 1:40).
...So this should be a 1:35 theropod, whatever genus it is. I think I'm holding out for a Tarbosaurus or another Tyrannosauroid (that isn't T.rex)...

Syndicate Bias

Wait isn't Eofauna in Spain? Isn't Spains main Dinosaur the Concavenator? Honestly I would be very surprised if this wasn't their first choice and I would be all for it since the only good Concavenator i have is the resin kit from Paleocraft

tanystropheus

I will probably purchase the last three T-rexes from REBOR, but please, no more T-rex.

A Tarborosaurus, Concavenator or Allosaurus would be nice.

Shonisaurus

I would be in favor of an unpublished theropod in the toy market or a rare theropod in the market by Eofauna. Honestly I like theropods like tyrannosaurus rex, allosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, giganotosaurus or spinosaurus but I would like an exotic theropod like alioramus, gorgosaurus, metriacanthosaurus, megalosaurus and even the concavenator that surpasses the rest of dinosaur companies.

IrritatorRaji

I hope it's not a Tyrannosaurus since we have too many of them already, but I'm sure that, whatever it is, it'll look great :)

Renecito

Another spinosaurus!!!  :P

I wish their first dinosaur were a Carnotaurus!.

Whatever it is, it would be top of the line figure like PNSO!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SpartanSquat

What a surprise! My bets are concavenator or an allosaurid, probably from europe

Sim

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 01, 2018, 09:44:50 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 01, 2018, 09:29:39 AM
Argh beat me to it! It's probably a Rex honestly I hope it's a Giganotosaurus

Oh my, I honestly hope it's something different than the 1000th reincarnation of those sucked dry vanilla theropods. We got very fine models of those and bucket loads full..... but I am still waiting for the definite Allosaurus (Safari's 2019 doesn't convince me really) and there's a lot of weird abelisaurids next to mean ol' Carnotaurus that would deserve some attention. Luckily the feet don't spoil much, so there's hope for me :D

This made me laugh, "sucked dry vanilla theropods". :))  I agree, I've had enough of Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus for the time being.  However, for me there's been enough Allosaurus as well, now that Safari is releasing their 2019 version.  What is it about Safari's 2019 Allosaurus that doesn't convince you?  To me it looks really good.

Quote from: Andreioli on October 01, 2018, 09:51:04 AM
Nah, Eofauna is too cool for boring old T. Rex.

I'm calling it right now: 1:35 Charcarodontosaurus !  ;D

This made me laugh too!  I'm hopeful that Eofauna's first dinosaur will be something that really stands out.  I don't think that would be possible if it was T. rex.  I'm not sure it would be Carcharodontosaurus though.  Spinosaurus is frequently considered to be poorly understood, but I think Carcharodontosaurus might be even worse in this area.  As far as I'm aware, it's pretty much known from the skull, hindlimbs and almost nothing else: https://www.deviantart.com/franoys/art/Carcharodontosaurus-saharicus-skeletals-MKlll-639149038
It makes me wonder if it's possible that Carcharodontosaurus could have had unusual tall spine proportions given what's known in Acrocanthosaurus and Concavenator, instead of a more typical allosauroid body?  It seems to me the available bones for Carcharodontosaurus make it impossible to know what its body was like.

----

I'm happy to see Eofauna making a dinosaur, as I have no interest in mammal figures.  I have to say though, I hope it isn't an allosauroid.  I think allosauroids have become the best-represented theropod group in figures, with each one that's known from enough remains to have a distinctive appearance having one or more decent figure representations available or being released soon.  There are even decent figures representing allosauroids that are known from very poor remains.  I'm growing tired of allosauroids now.  I'm also getting tired of how theropod figures tend to revolve around allosauroids, Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus.  Look at Vitae for example, unless I'm forgetting any, their only non-resin theropod figures have all been allosauroids: Giganotosaurus, Sinraptor and Chilantaisaurus.  PNSO's non-mini theropod figures are Tyrannosaurus; and soon-to-be released Spinosaurus and allosauroids Giganotosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus.  Allosauroids are one of the best represented types of dinosaur by Safari and CollectA too.

I don't mean to upset anyone who likes allosauroids.  In fact, I find some allosauroids interesting and there's a few new figures of them I've bought or am planning to get.  But I'm getting tired of allosauroids, Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus getting decent figure representations made so often, and I'd like to see other types of theropods get made.  I'd like to see allosauroids made less frequently now, and I'd find it a bit boring if Eofauna's first dinosaur is an allosauroid.  If this new Eofauna dinosaur is an allosauroid, personally I'd like it if it was Yangchuanosaurus as I really dislike how Metriacanthosaurus which is known from very poor remains and has no skull known has been getting attention instead of Yangchuanosaurus, and I don't like how PNSO is forcing their upcoming version to have to be bought in a set with another figure that I'm not interested in.

IrritatorRaji

EverythingDinosaur has been having people guess what it is and debunking all of the wrong answers, so far they've said that it isn't:
-Carnotaurus
-Concavenator
-Tarbosaurus (but didn't flat out say "no" to it being a Tyrannosaurid)
-Any Phorusrhacid

Shonisaurus

I would like it not to be the hackneyed theropod tyrannosaurus rex, at least I wish it were a gorgosaurus, alioramus, albertosaurus, daspletosaurus, zhuchengtyrannus or sinraptor since it is not a tarbosaurus.

Thanks for the information avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji

Dyscrasia

Torvosaurus? A pretty cool large theropod that is underrepresented (although the Collecta version was nice)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: