News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

Quote from: Archosaur on October 04, 2018, 11:31:11 AM
Giganotosaurus. I really love it, and I will certainly get it.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna this figure is by far the BEST representation of the animal that has been released for the price point. It looks so aesthetically FINISHED, to the point of it possibly passing as a resin model in photos.
I absolutely ADORE this sculpt, not just because it is one of my favorite dinosaurs, but because it is such a beautiful representation of the figure. A wonderful paint application, level of detail, and scientific accuracy to the best of your ability. I feel as though most of the comments on this thread since the reveal have been a TON of disappointment in the figure not being obscure enough, or it having a slightly inaccurate reconstruction, to which I need to say, I think they've got the idea by now. Eofauna has done in this figure what many figures/toys in the same species have failed to do.

1. Safari - Despite the accuracy, the paint job suffers from a very "childish" appearance, something that cannot be displayed alongside the Vitae figure due to the differential in the level of detail. Mine has also been leaning so much that it falls over from time to time, even WITH a base.

2. Vitae - Despite the gorgeous aesthetic and accuracy, the figure suffers from damage over time due to the material used (falling over due to imbalance). The jaw also has issues staying in place. And although gorgeously rendered, the production figures fell far short of the original expected stock photos.

3. Safari Carnegie - Awesome looking figure, but still has the issue of the tripod stance. And even in the rare occasion that it could stand on two feet, it would commonly fall over after a certain amount of time.

Now I know that we all do not even know what many of the figure's actual flaws would be unless we had it in hand for a long period of time, but from what I can see, and from Eofauna's (albeit short) history, this is going to be a wonderful piece.

Wonderfully gorgeous work Eofauna, you have just earned a loyal fan in me. Please do keep producing the larger Theropods, as not only do they have many fans around the world, but you have the power to single-handedly raise the standard of commercially available figures.

EDIT: Wow, I literally can't stop staring at that release photo. And thank you so much for also interacting with our forum so actively!

Syndicate Bias

I agree, Eofauna has raised the bar much higher for this particular dinosaur and how much research and accuracy should be put into these figures.

This one I shall get 3 by early next year. Too good to pass up

RIP Papo Giganotosaurus lol

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 05, 2018, 05:54:59 AM
I agree, Eofauna has raised the bar much higher for this particular dinosaur and how much research and accuracy should be put into these figures.

Ahaha, you're definitely getting what you wished for though, correct? More representation, and they're going to be brilliant models as well.
Couldn't hope for a better last couple of years for the Giganotosaurus...well, maybe if Schleich actually stepped up and stopped selling their horrendous rendition.
And Papo hopefully will deliver soon, though I don't think it could compete with Eofauna in the slightest.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 05, 2018, 06:22:01 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 05, 2018, 05:54:59 AM

Ahaha, you're definitely getting what you wished for though, correct? More representation, and they're going to be brilliant models as well.
Couldn't hope for a better last couple of years for the Giganotosaurus...well, maybe if Schleich actually stepped up and stopped selling their horrendous rendition.
And Papo hopefully will deliver soon, though I don't think it could compete with Eofauna in the slightest.

Papo no longer interests me with it, if they somehow make their Giganotosaurus look awesome that's great but Eofauna has taken the crown for me. These have been the best 2 years for me in terms of Giganotosaurus models being released

acro-man

The second I saw this news, I put every Giga I owned to resell.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

PhilSauria

Ha! - I know what you mean! As the quality of many of the new releases continues to improve I have been relegating a lot of my older figures to the cupboard because they are really looking quite ordinary in comparison. Don't think I could sell of my Safari Giganotosaurus though, despite its contentious paint job it still impresses me. The Schleich on the other hand...but who'd have it?

Eofauna

Shonisaurus

The giganotosaurus of Eofauna I understand that it is the superior figure on this species ever made by any company. It is a work of art Eofauna has the virtue of making PVC figures that are confused with resin figures although I am totally surprised at the quality of these figures sincerely I am not surprised as they are advised by top scientists such as Asier Larramendi among other members of that exceptional team.

Sincerely I am dinosaurs go apart from educational are to exhibit in a museum of Natural Sciences are masterpieces are not mere toys. They are figures that will always be lost.  8)

Moldovan0731

Am I wrong about this one, or 1:35 scale means that the toy is 35 times shorter than the claimed size of the real animal? If that's the case, and the Eofauna Giganotosaurus is 39 cm long, then they used a pretty liberal figure for the real Giganotosaurus, since 39*35=1365 cm, which is almost half a meter longer than 13.2 m, which is already a quite liberal estimate for the larger specimen of Giganotosaurus, with little to no basis. If that's the case, I think the figure should have been between 34.9-37.8 cm in length (I would've preferred a lenght of 35.8 cm then to be exact).

Jetdin

this figure is so beautiful! will buy it. just hope that it can stand on those legs and not warp over time. i love the wild safari giga, but mine is leaning to one side more and more over time. sad fact, because even with a base, it still leans

Eofauna

Quote from: Moldovan0731 on October 05, 2018, 01:13:50 PM
Am I wrong about this one, or 1:35 scale means that the toy is 35 times shorter than the claimed size of the real animal? If that's the case, and the Eofauna Giganotosaurus is 39 cm long, then they used a pretty liberal figure for the real Giganotosaurus, since 39*35=1365 cm, which is almost half a meter longer than 13.2 m, which is already a quite liberal estimate for the larger specimen of Giganotosaurus, with little to no basis. If that's the case, I think the figure should have been between 34.9-37.8 cm in length (I would've preferred a lenght of 35.8 cm then to be exact).

Hello, the thing is that the figure is actually more close to 1:33-34, this is because the PVC reduced less than expected.

Prototypes have to be made about 5-7% larger than the final product because when the PVC is cooled, reduces considerably, however, this time reduced only 3-4% (P. antiquus for example 7%), this is for sure because of the slender anatomy of the theropod.

Moldovan0731

Quote from: Eofauna on October 05, 2018, 01:30:55 PM
Quote from: Moldovan0731 on October 05, 2018, 01:13:50 PM

Hello, the thing is that the figure is actually more close to 1:33-34, this is because the PVC reduced less than expected.

Prototypes have to be made about 5-7% larger than the final product because when the PVC is cooled, reduces considerably, however, this time reduced only 3-4% (P. antiquus for example 7%), this is for sure because of the slender anatomy of the theropod.

Oh, that's unfortunate :-\ Though with 1:33 scale, it's in the range of peer-rewieved estimates :)

Shonisaurus

avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar Totally in accordance with your opinion about the giganotosaurus of Eofauna for me is the best products of all produced so far. Now just need to be a stable figure and not unbalance over time.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna On the other hand I would like to ask Eofauna if giganotosaurus is a soft or rigid product. I prefer them soft like the palaeoloxodon antiguus or the mammut trogontherii since in this way it avoids breaking before an accidental fall of the shelves. A very stiff material on all the legs could cause the break of one of the legs of this great figure, as unfortunately happened to me with Collecta figures including the first version of the feathered Tyrannosaurus rex from Collecta whose figure I had to replace it with another new.

Josesaurus rex

I think it will never be another to congratulate the gentlemen of Eofauna for their figures, already surprising in themselves. With the best representations of prehistoric mammals and now venturing into the world of dinosaur models, with the same level of perfection and realism driven by the latest scientific research. I hope soon release more species of dinosaurs, either known as others that pass more unnoticed. And I hope that soon there is a good herbivore opponent that will make weight to this spectacular Giganotosaurus (Argentinos, or another contemporary sauropod) Oh, and I look forward to if you ever want to get a figure of Carnotaurus  :)

A query, when you buy through your page, is it possible to ship to South America? specifically Chile.

Greetings and keep it up !!!

Sim

Quote from: PhilSauria on October 04, 2018, 10:57:30 PM
Well I may have given up on ever getting hold of any more older classic Dinosaur figures but looks like I'm gonna have my hands full (not to mention my shelves!!) with some mighty fine new releases! Quite a few from Safari on my list but this one is right at the top - a must have for me!, and all of these available locally through Mini Zoo so no prohibitive shipping. Great start to my day seeing this final reveal. I am not a fan of the term 'fan' but if I had to use it I'd say that I'm a fan of this species and was disappointed that the Vitae Giganotosaurus was out of my reach but this one I can do. Clearing the space already!

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria, it's nice to read posts by you again.  I'm glad to hear you're finding ways to continue enjoying prehistoric animal figures.  Whether it be not getting some figures, or being able to get figures you like from somewhere which doesn't have prohibitive shipping.

terrorchicken

love it! best giganoto figure so far though I still like the Carnegie. Has the price been posted?

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 05, 2018, 10:06:40 PM
Has the price been posted?

If Eofauna's other models are anything to go by, probably looking around the £20 mark

K.Bela

I love carcharodontosaurs, they're my favourite theropods. Beside therizinosaurs. I personally find tyrannosaurs (especially T. rex) overrated and overrepresented...  ::)
I've waited. And waited. Even considered getting Shane Foulkes' huge Giganotosaurus resin model. But rather declined that. Safari's Giga was a maybe, but it's colouration was offputting.  :-\

And now EoFauna has come and decided the question. Scientific accuracy, elegant but not flamboyant paintwork, simple but dynamic posture.

I already reserved one at EverythingDinosaur.

Thanks EoFauna, you got yourself a new follower. ;)

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: K.Bela on October 05, 2018, 11:28:09 PM
I love carcharodontosaurs, they're my favourite theropods. Beside therizinosaurs. I personally find tyrannosaurs (especially T. rex) overrated and overrepresented...  ::)
I've waited. And waited. Even considered getting Shane Foulkes' huge Giganotosaurus resin model. But rather declined that. Safari's Giga was a maybe, but it's colouration was offputting.  :-\

And now EoFauna has come and decided the question. Scientific accuracy, elegant but not flamboyant paintwork, simple but dynamic posture.

I already reserved one at EverythingDinosaur.

Thanks EoFauna, you got yourself a new follower. ;)

Yup I got the Shane Shane foulkes Giganotosaurus since no toy company had a really good one until now.

Moldovan0731

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 05, 2018, 04:59:44 PM
avatar_mgaguilar @mgaguilar Totally in accordance with your opinion about the giganotosaurus of Eofauna for me is the best products of all produced so far. Now just need to be a stable figure and not unbalance over time.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna On the other hand I would like to ask Eofauna if giganotosaurus is a soft or rigid product. I prefer them soft like the palaeoloxodon antiguus or the mammut trogontherii since in this way it avoids breaking before an accidental fall of the shelves. A very stiff material on all the legs could cause the break of one of the legs of this great figure, as unfortunately happened to me with Collecta figures including the first version of the feathered Tyrannosaurus rex from Collecta whose figure I had to replace it with another new.

It's PVC, so it's harder than the Vitae one, but it's not totally hard plastic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: