News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravonium

Quote from: Melekh on October 14, 2018, 08:33:14 AM
Hi, I'm nomaly only lurker on this forum, but a mass-produced pvc sauropod is for sure possible.
PNSO showed it.

https://www.google.de/search?biw=1920&bih=943&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=T-_CW4SID4Xqau3hqcgO&q=pnso+huanghetitan+comparison&oq=pnso+huanghetitan+comparison&gs_l=img.3...6408.6408.0.6717.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..1.0.0....0.tTtzqW2Ey-w#imgrc=4XRo51gwecapZM:

Wasn't that figure made of vinyl, and also made hollow to reduce weight though?

If so, then that's not what RobinGoodfellow was talking about; he was talking specifically about 1:40 or above sauropods made as solid PVC figures (the way Eofauna makes their figures).

RobinGoodfellow

Hi, I'm nomaly only lurker on this forum, but a mass-produced pvc sauropod is for sure possible.
PNSO showed it.

https://www.google.de/search?biw=1920&bih=943&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=T-_CW4SID4Xqau3hqcgO&q=pnso+huanghetitan+comparison&oq=pnso+huanghetitan+comparison&gs_l=img.3...6408.6408.0.6717.1.1.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1.64.img..1.0.0....0.tTtzqW2Ey-w#imgrc=4XRo51gwecapZM:

Yes. I have that figure in my collection.
But , as I wrote, it's an hollow vinyl figure.
How many collectors didn't buy PNSO because the shipping price was simply too much?  ;)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 14, 2018, 08:42:27 AM
PNSO showed it.

How many collectors didn't buy PNSO because the shipping price was simply too much?  ;)

What are the Safari models made of? The big Carnegie sauropods were heavy for dinosaur toys, sure, but they made it work. In fact they're releasing a new 1:40 Camarasaurus next year that looks even portlier than the old Carnegie one.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 14, 2018, 01:22:10 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 14, 2018, 08:42:27 AM
PNSO showed it.

What are the Safari models made of? The big Carnegie sauropods were heavy for dinosaur toys, sure, but they made it work. In fact they're releasing a new 1:40 Camarasaurus next year that looks even portlier than the old Carnegie one.

I was talking about 1:35 scale "giant" sauropods (as you can see here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6622.msg217154#msg217154 )

Fembrogon

Eofauna has stated before that large sauropods would be made in 1:40 scale, and that's fine with me. It's a compromise that gives us big sauropods for hopefully more affordable prices.
I just want some long-necks to match my Carnegie and Invicta Brachiosaurs.

Shonisaurus

The only sauropod of PNSO solid PVC is its mamenchisaurus the rest are hollow figures of vinyl.

IrritatorRaji

Shonisaurus

avatar_IrritatorRaji @IrritatorRaji It has not been published thank you very much. The giganotosaurus of Eofauna looks magnificent, it is a pity that the company will take it out so late, he would prefer that this figure had been commercialized before.  :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

terrorchicken

^ok so who would win in a fight? ???

Sauropelta

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 16, 2018, 08:04:13 PM

I think Giga has the advantage being as big and faster than the elephant. Unless the elephant can impale him it wins. Giga would probably ambush him too from the side before it can turn around.
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Shonisaurus

I think that in a fight between the giganotosaurus carolinii and palaeoloxodon antiquus the fight would be very close. In this case the palaeoloxodon antiquus could beat the giganotosaurus by its prominent fangs and because it is more bulky (smaller but more bulky) in front of the giganotosaurus. But the giganotosaurus to be a lighter dinosaur would move very easily to attack on the sides palaeoloxodon antiquus in addition if it were shown that giganotosaurus attack in packs the palaeoloxodon antiquus would be lost. They could win either of the two species of prehistoric animals.

SpartanSquat

Seeing that pic reminds me to the Valley of Gwangi

suspsy

If we're talking about a one-on-one battle between fully mature individuals, and if the Palaeoloxodon is a male, then it will have the advantage in both mass and strength. Especially if it's in musth.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

I think they would mate.
Make love not war.

Mackeral

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 17, 2018, 03:17:00 AM

I think they would mate.
Make love not war.
:)) :))

KeU

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 17, 2018, 03:17:00 AM
I think they would mate.
Make love not war.
Hahaha, best answer.

If they do fight though, it would be a toss up right?
Palaeoloxodon is definitely stronger and heavier.
There is an advantage in the stability department as well, with it being more compact and a quadruped.
On the other hand, Giganotosaurus is perfectly equiped with steak knives to cleave up the meaty body of Palaeoloxodon.
And its hunting methods are less limited by prey size and strength.

suspsy

Giganotosaurus would be used to going after iguanodontids and sauropods that were either smaller or roughly the same size as itself. Faced with a 12-ton solid grey mass with a giant pair of tusks sticking out at the front, there's a good chance that it would simply turn around and look somewhere else for a meal.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

JohannesB

I don't know if this is the right thread to go on about this, but I think that Palaeoloxodon has an advantage in being much more intelligent. Combined with all its other qualities this would give the mammal the upper hand, I think.

terrorchicken

interesting answers  :))
Im not sure myself but Id root for the pachyderm... Id feel so bad for it, even if it survives its going to get wrecked to hell.  :'(

and sorry for derailing the thread...well anyway the giganoto is amazing and makes me look forward to what else Eofauna has in store for us...also kinda frustrating that due to the time and care they take with these figures they will likely be releasing new species as figures out very slowly, but i guess it will be worth the wait.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: