News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Maybe a T Rex could be reserved after they release something more obscure. But I'd be all for it as well as a concavenator and maybe their take on the other 4 dinos I mentioned.  :)

A yutyrannus is my top pick now that I saw a sketch of it on FB and realised there was no good model of it in the past.

Although PNSO has a nice one I'd rather see a smaller and highly accurate version from Eofauna themselves

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Archosaur on October 18, 2018, 12:53:14 AM
I'm gonna divide opinion: I would not mind if their hypothetical Tyrannosaurus figure looked like the new Tyrannosaurus from Saurian (the game) :-)
You won't get any argument from me on this.That new Tyrannosaurus rex design is basically what that species should look like.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Sauropelta

I wonder if they'll go with this look for T-Rex because of the research that found it had black, brown & orange colors.

https://www.deviantart.com/kana-hebi/art/Tyrannosaurus-rex-adult-concept-art-723415162
Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Ravonium

Quote from: Sauropelta on October 20, 2018, 08:55:21 AM
of the research that found it had black, brown & orange colors.

Errm...are you sure there's been research that has definitively found T. rex to have black, brown and orange colours? If there was, then I guarantee it'd've probably been all over the news.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the documentary where the idea T. rex had these colours came from. Still, I'm a bit suspicious of the fact that this doesn't seem to have been published in any journal, and that every single news article I found on it was either from a tabloid or a generic news Youtube channel that uses text to speech (neither of those are necessarily reliable sources).

Dobber

Quote from: John on October 20, 2018, 07:37:25 AM
I'm gonna divide opinion: I would not mind if their hypothetical Tyrannosaurus figure looked like the new Tyrannosaurus from Saurian (the game) :-)
You won't get any argument from me on this.That new Tyrannosaurus rex design is basically what that species should look like.

I'm ashamed to say, I didn't know Saurian redesigned their Tyrannosaurus. I agree, it looks AMAZING. I too would like a model based off of it.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Quote from: Dobber on October 20, 2018, 02:01:32 PM

I'm ashamed to say, I didn't know Saurian redesigned their Tyrannosaurus. I agree, it looks AMAZING. I too would like a model based off of it.

Chris

I imagine EoFauna would rather do their own design than copy off another company's, but as long as they gave their T. rex a similar physique, I'd be very happy. Oh, and as long as it was able to stand up on its own and never, ever topple over.

It's a shame how it's virtually impossible to recreate sparse hair, feathers, or filaments on a toy. A real Palaeoloxodon would have had plenty of fine hair all over its body just like a modern elephant, but when was the last time anyone saw an adult elephant toy with hair? I don't think it's possible for any company to make a T. rex toy with sparse feathering.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dobber

Quote from: suspsy on October 20, 2018, 02:54:15 PM

Chris

I imagine EoFauna would rather do their own design than copy off another company's, but as long as they gave their T. rex a similar physique, I'd be very happy. Oh, and as long as it was able to stand up on its own and never, ever topple over.

It's a shame how it's virtually impossible to recreate sparse hair, feathers, or filaments on a toy. A real Palaeoloxodon would have had plenty of fine hair all over its body just like a modern elephant, but when was the last time anyone saw an adult elephant toy with hair? I don't think it's possible for any company to make a T. rex toy with sparse feathering.

I agree, I used the wrong words. I shouldn't have said based on but rather similar physique like you did.  :)

Chris

suspsy

Quote from: Dobber on October 20, 2018, 04:02:35 PM

Chris

I agree, I used the wrong words. I shouldn't have said based on but rather similar physique like you did.  :)

Chris

Think nothing of it. :)

On that note, it occurs to me that if EoFauna does indeed produce a T. rex, it seems likely that it'll be based on the one featured on the cover of this book, given the authors' association with EoFauna. The Giganotosaurus toy does bear a strong resemblance to the one here:

https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/art/Records-de-los-DINOSAURIOS-Teropodos-cover-638354182

mgaguilar

Quote from: suspsy on October 20, 2018, 07:53:28 PM

Chris

Chris

On that note, it occurs to me that if EoFauna does indeed produce a T. rex, it seems likely that it'll be based on the one featured on the cover of this book, given the authors' association with EoFauna. The Giganotosaurus toy does bear a strong resemblance to the one here:

https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/art/Records-de-los-DINOSAURIOS-Teropodos-cover-638354182

I was about to mention that this may be their planned line-up! I know it's a bit of a stretch, but starting with the Giga and proceeding in a linear fashion across the cover may be a good way to predict some of their potential future sculpts!
I first saw this on their facebook page, and I thought the Giga they are about to release looked similar to the design on the cover.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna On another note, will that book be available in English anytime soon? I LOVE it.

tanystropheus

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 20, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

Chris

Chris

I was about to mention that this may be their planned line-up! I know it's a bit of a stretch, but starting with the Giga and proceeding in a linear fashion across the cover may be a good way to predict some of their potential future sculpts!
I first saw this on their facebook page, and I thought the Giga they are about to release looked similar to the design on the cover.

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna On another note, will that book be available in English anytime soon? I LOVE it.

hmmm...it looks like they are releasing the blue chicken next. Also, they make skip around since this list is only theropods.

Syndicate Bias

Sim

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 20, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

Hehe, on that book cover if one proceeds in linear fashion from the Giganotosaurus, among the first few that come after it are two of the things I'd most like to see Eofauna make!: Herrerasaurus and a dromaeosaurid (although please not a dromaeosaurid with an unknown head shape).   It seems too good to be true that they would be among the next few Eofauna figures though...

If Eofauna makes a non-microraptorian dromaeosaurid, I hope they'll consider giving it rectrices along most/all of the tail like what's seen in Archaeopteryx and Zhenyuanlong for example.

Theropodavid

They said something about a second volume (maybe about other dinosauriformes?) via email that will be released soon after the first, if I remember correctly.

suspsy

I also want EoFauna to do a Therizinosaurus with those kickass bell bottoms.

Dobber

A good Utah/Dakotaraptor would be greatly welcomed too.

Chris

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Out of the therapods shown, the Therizinosaurus and Utahraptor are the ones that interest me. The only other large/medium sized therapods I'd like are some lesser known Abelisaurs,  plus Baryonyx and Eustreptospondylus. Other than those, I'd rather have some Ornithiscians, especially large-scaled Ornithopods like Shantungosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Magnapaulia etc and armoured dinosaurs, with a sprinkling of saurpods, and since they never said they wouldn't do pterosaurs, a large Azdharchid would be nice too, and a short-faced bear and a Megatherium and a big Glyptodont like Doedicurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: