News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 20, 2018, 11:45:35 PM
oh that reminds me was that Torvosaurus who stole the kill from the allo in a dinosaur show thats fairly new? ig anyone knows what i mean
You're probably thinking of Dinosaur Revolution episode 2 (may that program rest in peace).

I also like the idea of location/period themes, although pursuing that might take a while at Eofauna's pace. There are plenty of overlooked genera that lived alongside the famous ones, who deserve a little more attention.

Tim

So what do you think will be their first dinosaur, likely coming in the back half of this year?  I'm betting it will be a T rex.  Makes sense to me that it would be something iconic.

tanystropheus

Their first dinosaur will most likely be an adult Lourinhanosaurus, named "Lori".

Shonisaurus

I would like your first dinosaur to be an unpublished dinosaur in the toy market, even in the resin market or almost unknown if it depended on me I would like a tyrannotittan, deltradromeus, majungasaurus, rajasaurus or what better start making an unknown tyrannosaurus in the market like the qianzhousaurus?

With an unknown tyrannosaurid like the qianzhousaurus they would end up with the tradition that almost all companies have except Vitae as the first theropod to make the iconic and unforgettable tyrannosaurus rex and as a second note of importance the avant garde tyrannosaurid figures whose figures have been poorly treated would be inaugurated, except the companies Carnegie, Safari, Collecta and Japanese companies as Favorite.

Reptilia

What if they make the definitive Giganotosaurus before Papo? Seriously, I too think that will be Tyrannosaurus, but I hope they'll surprise us with something totally unexpected instead.

mgaguilar

Does anybody know if Eofauna is aware of this thread? They seem a bit quiet for their prior activity on the forum.

Ravonium

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 31, 2018, 04:31:29 PM
Does anybody know if Eofauna is aware of this thread?

Reply #25 on this thread was by their account, so yes.

They seem a bit quiet for their prior activity on the forum.

From what I've seen, the Eofauna account , while being usually inactive, post quite a lot when they are active.

tanystropheus

Does anybody know if Eofauna is aware of this thread? They seem a bit quiet for their prior activity on the forum.

Perhaps, they find our suggestions to be embarrassing  ;D

postsaurischian

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 01, 2018, 12:16:42 AM
Perhaps, they find our suggestions to be embarrassing  ;D

At least a bit annoying :P ;) .

Reptilia

I think all of their activity here has been quite smooth, they seem to be cool with suggestions. To ask for things is just a game for me, I'm fine with anything they'll decide to come up with cause I'm pretty confident it'll be great anyways.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Reptilia on April 01, 2018, 12:24:30 PM
....... I'm fine with anything they'll decide to come up with cause I'm pretty confident it'll be great anyways.

:) I second that!

tyrantqueen

I haven't been following the Eofauna thread very closely because I'm not interested in mammals, but I like their dinosaur illustrations. Did they ask for suggestions? I don't see why they'd be annoyed/embarrassed by suggestions if they did indeed ask for them. But if they were unsolicited, that's another story.

I think they're just busy. Aren't they Spanish or another nationality? There's a language barrier which might put them off using the site regularly.

Reptilia

They must be busy doing their job, can't wait to see what's next.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 01, 2018, 12:48:45 PM
I haven't been following the Eofauna thread very closely because I'm not interested in mammals, but I like their dinosaur illustrations. Did they ask for suggestions? I don't see why they'd be annoyed/embarrassed by suggestions if they did indeed ask for them. But if they were unsolicited, that's another story.

I think they're just busy. Aren't they Spanish or another nationality? There's a language barrier which might put them off using the site regularly.

Tyrantqueen for what I understand are Spanish, in particular from the Basque Country.

I guess they prefer to be quiet anyway, everything they planned seems to me that they did it together with everythingdinosaur.co.uk, so I found out on the facebook page everythingdinosaur.co.uk

Ravonium

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 01, 2018, 12:48:45 PM
Did they ask for suggestions? I don't see why they'd be annoyed/embarrassed by suggestions if they did indeed ask for them. But if they were unsolicited, that's another story.

When they first came to this forum, they linked members to a survey that asked them what kinds of animals they'd like to see made, so I think it is safe to say the suggestions aren't fully unsolicited.

Eofauna

Dear all,

Yes, we do indeed read all your comments and suggestions, especially interesting one is to perform species from different formations. However, this will take many years. As we already said, at this moment we will focus on famous and obscure species.

Solving other doubts, yes we are based in the Basque Country though we collaborate with people all around the world. We are sorry for our low involvement in the forum at the moment, but we are really busy with different projects.

Best!

Eofauna

SidB

No problem - it's all in a good cause.

Reptilia

Quote from: Eofauna on April 03, 2018, 09:18:15 AM
As we already said, at this moment we will focus on famous and obscure species.

This is intriguing...

ImADinosaurRARR

QuoteWe are sorry for our low involvement in the forum at the moment, but we are really busy with different projects.

The fact that your involved in ANY way with the forum is incredible. It's so nice that your listening to such a small and pedantic corner to the internet. Thank you  :))

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 03, 2018, 01:24:02 PM
Quote from: Eofauna on April 03, 2018, 09:18:15 AM
As we already said, at this moment we will focus on famous and obscure species.

This is intriguing...

I wonder if it refers to "famous and dark" as a whole or rather to "famous" (for example tyrannosaurus, triceratops, apatosaurus) and "dark" (to dinosaurs and prehistoric animals unpublished in the toy market.

I understand that they refer to the fact that they will make dinosaur toys and known prehistoric animals and others as I call them, avant-garde.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: