News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

They can make a scientifically updated representation by talking about the spinosaurus. In fact Mesozoo is going to make one. It is within the possible that Eofauna make a spinosaurus but it can also be any theropod a carcharodontosaurus is not something crazy even having a giganotosaurus. Didn't they make three prehistoric elephants in a row? It is not unreasonable.

On the other hand, the tyrannosaurus is logical that they do so and scientifically updated also for a simple reason, it is the theropod dinosaur and in general the star prehistoric animal that cannot be missing in a brand of prehistoric collectibles or toy dinosaurs.

On the other hand, a majungasaurus, spectrovenator or a rajasaurus would be interesting, that type of abelisaurid theropods are rare in the toy market and would even be unpublished in the case of the spectrovenator. Abelisaurids if we except carnotaurus are very little treated or unfairly represented in the toy dinosaur market and there are honestly abelisaurids that should be represented apart from the well-known carnotaurus.

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 19, 2020, 04:18:52 PM
I don't get the hate for Tyrannosaurus rex in this thread. We still do not have a fully accurate representation of this dinosaur, with the Safari LTD one being the best option. But even then, the Safari LTD version has feathers, which Tyrannosaurus did not have.
Myself, I'd like to see Safari commission Doug Watson to do another T-rex, this time with little or no feathers and with dentition partially concealed behind lips, using the basic form of the existing model, which is very impressive in mass and geometry.

I don't think that it's hate that you are seeing, so much as a widespread exhaustion with the taxon. Again, for myself, I don't ever seem to get enough of the animal, so, by all means, keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned.

SidB

And to return to the thread discussion - yes, that means you, Eofauna. I'd like to see what you folks could do with the rex.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 19, 2020, 04:37:30 PM
They can make a scientifically updated representation by talking about the spinosaurus. In fact Mesozoo is going to make one. It is within the possible that Eofauna make a spinosaurus but it can also be any theropod a carcharodontosaurus is not something crazy even having a giganotosaurus. Didn't they make three prehistoric elephants in a row? It is not unreasonable.

On the other hand, the tyrannosaurus is logical that they do so and scientifically updated also for a simple reason, it is the theropod dinosaur and in general the star prehistoric animal that cannot be missing in a brand of prehistoric collectibles or toy dinosaurs.

On the other hand, a majungasaurus, spectrovenator or a rajasaurus would be interesting, that type of abelisaurid theropods are rare in the toy market and would even be unpublished in the case of the spectrovenator. Abelisaurids if we except carnotaurus are very little treated or unfairly represented in the toy dinosaur market and there are honestly abelisaurids that should be represented apart from the well-known carnotaurus.

It can't be Spectrovenator. That taxon is too new for the figure to have been made already. Also, Tyrannosaurus is likely, but that wouldn't explain the delay. Covid must've had a big part in it, but I don't think Covid alone could cause a delay of this size
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

I think a delay could be attributed to the fact that they put out an entire book this year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 19, 2020, 08:33:40 PM
I think a delay could be attributed to the fact that put out an entire book this year.
The people working on the book and the figures are not the same people (iirc)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Volgadraco

I think it's going to be a triceratops, probably prorsus as eofauna had already done less known species of a well known genus(M. trogonotherii). also it seems logical for me that they will make a ornithischian. They mentioned that they were going to focus on proboscideans and three major dinosaur clades. They've done theropod and sauropod so far and making a single mammal figure wouldn't seem to be wise (not everyone would want to buy a prehistoric mammal).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Volgadraco on October 19, 2020, 09:23:05 PM
I think it's going to be a triceratops, probably prorsus as eofauna had already done less known species of a well known genus(M. trogonotherii). also it seems logical for me that they will make a ornithischian. They mentioned that they were going to focus on proboscideans and three major dinosaur clades. They've done theropod and sauropod so far and making a single mammal figure wouldn't seem to be wise (not everyone would want to buy a prehistoric mammal).

But just as Eofauna can make a triceratops and a prehistoric mammal, like the year it made the atlasaurus and the deinotherium.

The same do more than one prehistoric animal. I guess we will hear from them by the end of the year, mid-November or early December (at least I have that hope).

Volgadraco

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2020, 09:34:51 AM

But just as Eofauna can make a triceratops and a prehistoric mammal, like the year it made the atlasaurus and the deinotherium.

As far as I remember they've said that were going to release only and only figure this year due to some circumstances maybe something to do with coronavirus, idk.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Volgadraco on October 20, 2020, 10:15:08 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2020, 09:34:51 AM

As far as I remember they've said that were going to release only and only figure this year due to some circumstances maybe something to do with coronavirus, idk.

Yes, I remember that, that they said they were only going to make a single figure, I understand that it will be a triceratops, but I may change my mind, in this life nothing is certain except death and I have hopes that they will take some more figures apart from the triceratops. Honestly, between a triceratops and a paraceratherium on the part of Eofauna I would like them to market a paraceratherium or another exotic prehistoric mammal or even another dinosaur that was not known in the collectors market, as happened with their atlasaurus.

There is life in the collectibles market beyond the triceratops and tyrannosaurus. In any case, I am satisfied with any species of dinosaur or other extinct animal reflected by Eofauna. They know how to make exceptionally good figures.

Stegotyranno420

i hope they can do a good stegosaurus.

croco_105

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2020, 10:35:33 AM

Yes, I remember that, that they said they were only going to make a single figure, I understand that it will be a triceratops,

Where is the proof that Eofauna will make a triceratops?  I haven't seen any official announcement of this.

Martwad

Quote from: croco_105 on October 20, 2020, 10:41:51 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2020, 10:35:33 AM

Yes, I remember that, that they said they were only going to make a single figure, I understand that it will be a triceratops,

Where is the proof that Eofauna will make a triceratops?  I haven't seen any official announcement of this.

avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 , I think the belief is based upon them having a triceratops 3D model on their DeviantArt page.

croco_105

Quote from: Martwad on October 20, 2020, 10:47:37 PM

avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 , I think the belief is based upon them having a triceratops 3D model on their DeviantArt page.

OK, I see.  That is an old model from several years ago so I guess it could be possible though perhaps too common a species for Eofauna based on their previous offerings.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 21, 2020, 01:34:21 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I think Safari's is pretty good apart from the paint job.
I'm not sure. The rebor one seems the best, and the pnso and safari ones are claimed to be more accurate, but i believe the safari one is based on a certain specimen

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 21, 2020, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 21, 2020, 01:34:21 AM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I think Safari's is pretty good apart from the paint job.
I'm not sure. The rebor one seems the best, and the pnso and safari ones are claimed to be more accurate, but i believe the safari one is based on a certain specimen
Do REBOR make a Triceratops besides the corpse and baby? Neither get the digits correct IIRC.

The PNSO Triceratops is stylistically not one of their best, stemming from their strange middle period between the big models and current ones. I'm not certain exactly how it fairs anatomically though.

Joints aside, I'm holding out for the larger BOTM Triceratops (even though 1:18 is still not quite my usual scale of 1:12). As much as I'm sure Eofauna would do a great job.

I would rather see Eofauna switch it up and tackle a smaller taxa. Perhaps a figure based on their lovely Raphus? Could come at a nice large size and perhaps include a very tiny (perhaps even unpainted) version as an accessory, to be in their main scale.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 21, 2020, 02:25:12 AM
The REBOR one uses an outdated skeletal reconstructions and has too many claws.
That specimen that the Safari one is based on is a Stegosaurus stenops.
The REBOR one is based on old "Stegosaurus armatus" skeletals and that one is not considered to be a valid species anymore.
The one thing that is good about the REBOR one however is how keratinized the plates look but that has been done earlier by both Sideshow and Schleich so it's not too novel as a concept.
so are these designs/shapes accurate based on what you can see (forget the colors)

Loon

I gotta say there are few things that would excite me less than a Triceratops or Stegosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on October 21, 2020, 03:13:13 AM
I gotta say there are few things that would excite me less than a Triceratops or Stegosaurus.
Im kinda confused about your phrasing(english is not my first language,but I gotta say they are reasonable because in a pandemic stricken world, it will appear more easier to the masses, and they are both actually very interesting genera. And now that people get a herbivore instead of a carnivore, they still whine.
but i understand your view point, and i have a similar view point too. For example, Protoceratops is boring

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 21, 2020, 04:26:15 AM
Quote from: Loon on October 21, 2020, 03:13:13 AM
Im kinda confused about your phrasing(english is not my first language,but I gotta say they are reasonable because in a pandemic stricken world, it will appear more easier to the masses, and they are both actually very interesting genera...

Yes, very good. They're both interesting and they could be safe bets. I feel very enlightened.

"I gotta say" implies an opinion. Unlike some, I don't assume everything that comes out of my mouth is gospel. It is my "opinion" that I wouldn't want these two, not that they wouldn't sell.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: