News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on August 22, 2020, 06:18:46 PM
Quote from: Renecito on August 22, 2020, 06:28:49 AM
All I want this year from Eofauna is the most beautiful and perfect representation of a Paraceratherium at 1:35 scale.

But a Triceratops sounds more possible.
The Para would probably be more affordable than the forthcoming IToy one and also more detailed. Eofauna represents the best of both aspects.

It would be fabulous if Eofauna made a paraceratherium that would surely compete in genius with ITOY and even surpass that brand. Eofauna makes very high quality figures. We would need a 1:35 scale paraceratherium.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Is there any information regarding the release of any figure from Eofauna?

SidB

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on September 04, 2020, 08:09:15 PM
I was wondering the same myself.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on September 04, 2020, 08:36:02 PM

The problem of the coronavirus pandemic, I understand that it is one of the causes of the delay in the release of new figures by Eofauna. That is the reason.

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 04, 2020, 08:49:51 PM
Quote from: SidB on September 04, 2020, 08:36:02 PM

The problem of the coronavirus pandemic, I understand that it is one of the causes of the delay in the release of new figures by Eofauna. That is the reason.

Understandable, and TBH I was expecting it.  Everyone's been hit by the pandemic, and it can't be easy for manufacturers right now.  I hope Eofauna and all the other brands known and loved by people on this forum make it through. :-\
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Ostafrikasaurus

Here's some species I'd like to see EoFauna produce in the future:

Carcharodontosaurus
Baryonyx
Ostafrikasaurus (naturally)
Iguanodon
Brontosaurus
Saltasaurus
Styracosaurus
Torosaurus
Shasta Ground Sloth
Columbian Mammoth
Stegodon
American Mastodon
Gomphotherium
Cuvieronius
Indricotherium/Paraceratherium
Megacerops/Brontotherium
Jefferson's Ground Sloth
Giant Short-faced Bear
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Leyster

I higly doubt they'll do Ostafrikasaurus, since it's a tooth taxon of dubious classification.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Remko

I highly doubt we'll see any of those animals anytime soon, let alone the staggering number of genera and/or species everyone is making lists of.

Eofauna has produced just 5 new figures in the past years. So the chances of them producing over 20 new figures in the next year is absolutely nil.
Eofauna isn't a company like Collecta or Safari. I'll be happy with just one of two figures.

Loon

Quote from: Remko on September 10, 2020, 09:36:13 AM
I highly doubt we'll see any of those animals anytime soon, let alone the staggering number of genera and/or species everyone is making lists of...

I don't think the lists people are making are for this year only. I think it's usually a list of figures they'd like to see from EoFauna, not necessarily all at once.

The lack of a proper "Hopes and Dreams" thread for EoFauna is a bit of an issue, because it means that almost every post in this thread is a wishlist; keep in mind that this is an issue that I'm more than guilty of perpetuating. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on this thread hoping for some new info on this year's figure(s) and found another list.

Remko

True. And I have been clicking the thread for the exact same reasons.

But with Eofauna it's best to just wait and see what happens. Personally I hope they'll keep producing those rare species not found in other brands. I don't really need another T. rex for example, or one of the two dozen dinosaur and extinct mammal species most people know.

Give us something unique. Something that hasn't been (properly) done before, just like they did with the Palaeoloxodon and the Atlasaurus.

Shonisaurus

Although I sincerely would like a paraceratherium from Eofauna, I would not exactly care if Eofauna made prehistoric animals (whatever they were) unpublished in the toy and / or resin dinosaur market. I would celebrate.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Didn't Eofauna say they were still committed to one release this year, despite the pandemic? Do we know if they're still planning on that?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 10, 2020, 03:40:40 PM
Didn't Eofauna say they were still committed to one release this year, despite the pandemic? Do we know if they're still planning on that?

I suppose that if Eofauna does something, it will do it for Christmas dates at the end of the year.

Concavenator

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 10, 2020, 03:40:40 PM
That's a good question. If they're still planning on releasing one new figure, then I guess it will be revealed pretty soon. In 2018, the Giganotosaurus was announced at the beginning of October and it became available by late November-December and became widely available by early 2019. From what I have seen every time they unveil a new figure, they release it about 2/3 months later. So...

Sim

Quote from: Loon on September 10, 2020, 10:08:48 AM
[...]
The lack of a proper "Hopes and Dreams" thread for EoFauna is a bit of an issue, because it means that almost every post in this thread is a wishlist; keep in mind that this is an issue that I'm more than guilty of perpetuating. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked on this thread hoping for some new info on this year's figure(s) and found another list.

There is an Eofauna hopes and dreams thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8352.0

ceratopsian

Eofauna announced on Facebook today that their book on Sauropods is out now in the UK. 

"Rubén Molina's and Asier Larramendi's Dinosaur Facts and Figures: The Sauropods and Other Sauropodomorphs book, is already available!!!
The book is beautifully illustrated by Andrey Atuchin and Sante Mazzei.

The NHM edition is NOW available here (Amazon): https://www.amazon.co.uk/Encyclopedia-Dinosaurs-Rub%C3%A9n-Molina-P%C3%A9rez-Larramendi/dp/0565095188

The USA version will be available on September 29: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B089QX42QD"

I have ordered mine already (but from a proper bookseller, not from Amazon!)

Justin_

I've been waiting for that. I knew the authors are Spanish but didn't know it was something to do with Eofauna.

Shonisaurus

I'm glad for that announcement. I have been waiting for a long time for the sauropod book by Asier Larramendi and other authors. I have the one on theropods and I can assure you that it is a beautifully illustrated book but most importantly with outstanding paleontological information. I hope they keep making more books of that great encyclopedia.

PhilSauria

I'll be trying to track this one down also from a 'proper bookseller' - I just clicked on the Amazon link to find that 'we cannot ship to your country'. Typical.

ceratopsian

A few snaps of pages inside the new sauropod book, which reached me today.  So far I have only flicked through, but it looks very handsome and promises hours of pleasure and entertainment.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: