News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Nice book, they are making a fairly complete and interesting encyclopedia of dinosaurs Eofauna. I hope they will eventually make a collection of collectible figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals that will compete in a number of different species with the Collecta dinosaur company.

The book is great Asier Larramendi and his team are doing a spectacular job. Thank you avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  for sharing these photos of your book.

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on September 17, 2020, 06:17:10 PM
A few snaps of pages inside the new sauropod book, which reached me today.  So far I have only flicked through, but it looks very handsome and promises hours of pleasure and entertainment.

Those pictures look incredible, especially that last one. I'm a sucker for prehistoric size charts! I don't know how I missed the fact that EoFauna made books as well.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on September 18, 2020, 01:28:23 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on September 17, 2020, 06:17:10 PM
A few snaps of pages inside the new sauropod book, which reached me today.  So far I have only flicked through, but it looks very handsome and promises hours of pleasure and entertainment.

Those pictures look incredible, especially that last one. I'm a sucker for prehistoric size charts! I don't know how I missed the fact that EoFauna made books as well.

OMG that just about cinched this purchase for me. Thanks for sharing!

Halichoeres

Definitely going to buy this. Hopefully my local seller will have it. I was surprised to learn that there is no Spanish edition yet, so it was written first in English. I think the theropod book was written first in Spanish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2020, 06:36:39 PM
Definitely going to buy this. Hopefully my local seller will have it. I was surprised to learn that there is no Spanish edition yet, so it was written first in English. I think the theropod book was written first in Spanish.

It is a personal opinion, not an assertion or affirmation, I believe that Eofauna has published that book on sauropods in English and not in Spanish for a simple reason, perhaps because the public most interested in dinosaurs is traditionally the English-speaking, instead in the nations Spanish-speaking, although there are fans and followers of dinosaurs, as in my case, he is not so enthusiastic about paleontology in general terms.

Concavenator

I wonder if, when Eofauna reveals their 2020 figure, they will start with the teaser images.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Narutoceratops on September 22, 2020, 09:44:48 PM
I wonder if, when Eofauna reveals their 2020 figure, they will start with the teaser images.

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be an interesting prehistoric animal.

Duna

I can't wait for the revelation!  ^-^
I think I'll get the Spanish version of the Sauropods' book because I have the Theropods' one in that language. The book is a must, absolutely interesting.

Concavenator

I hope (and think) it will be an ornithischian. And, like I said, my bet is still on Triceratops.

TethysaurusUK

It drums up interest whenever they do that. It's a perfect business and marketing strategy.

Concavenator

Quote from: TethysaurusUK on September 28, 2020, 08:48:46 PM

It drums up interest whenever they do that. It's a perfect business and marketing strategy.

I personally hate it, but oh well.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Seeing people posting about the I-TOY Paraceratherium has got me anxious for Eofauna to reveal their figure for this year. Have we gotten any hints about when that will be?
(I'm personally hoping for mammalian megafauna, but we'll see.)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 12, 2020, 04:45:47 AM
Seeing people posting about the I-TOY Paraceratherium has got me anxious for Eofauna to reveal their figure for this year. Have we gotten any hints about when that will be?
(I'm personally hoping for mammalian megafauna, but we'll see.)

Hopefully it's a paraceratherium.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 12, 2020, 01:50:27 PM
Hopefully it's a paraceratherium.
It has to be! I have already arranged a place for it. No matter how long it takes, it will have its place reserved. A Eofauna paraceratherium!  ^-^

GojiraGuy1954

I think the reason the figure has taken so long is because the figure is a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus, and the new tail findings (plus COVID) delayed production.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Is the coming Eofauna figure Spinosaurus aegyptiacus? I have not seen any update of this in the Eofauna site nor in their Facebook page. How did you get this information?

Jose S.M.

It's probably just speculation. I personally think they will release a mammal. Although they have 3 mammals and 2 dinosaurs so they might release another one to be even.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 19, 2020, 04:04:04 PM
Is the coming Eofauna figure Spinosaurus aegyptiacus? I have not seen any update of this in the Eofauna site nor in their Facebook page. How did you get this information?
I am speculating

GojiraGuy1954

I don't get the hate for Tyrannosaurus rex in this thread. We still do not have a fully accurate representation of this dinosaur, with the Safari LTD one being the best option. But even then, the Safari LTD version has feathers, which Tyrannosaurus did not have.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: