News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prey Collection Discussion

Started by Flaffy, March 28, 2018, 02:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Does anyone know how to acquire an unpainted  Prey Collection model?
All links regarding purchasing their kits seem to direct to their Facebook page, and most if not all of their facebook shop links are broken.
I tried asking them where I can get their kits on facebook, but they just responded by posting providing a link to their facebook page, not very helpful.  :-\

paintingdinos

FB was acting up earlier this week, but everything seems to be working fine now:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/PREYcollectionStudio/shop/?ref=page_internal

Just message him letting him know which model you'd like to buy. If its available, he'll arrange payment/shipping. I've purchased two models directly from him and he's been very responsive. He's also in Russia, so it usually takes about a day after messaging to get a response.

I really like the new Prionosuchus... I want it, but I'm really having to pinch my pennies until the big Spino is released.

Syndicate Bias

I messaged the guy about the Giganotosaurus and he never responds aha. He ignores my questions about it lol. But at least he told me the acrocanthosaurus should be here by july or something i have to check my fb

Flaffy

I just received an answer regarding the Prionosuchus.
Apparently it's 55 usd.... It's a fabulous model of Prionosuchus no doubt, maybe even the best currently available, but that price is steep. Might as well wait for some other company to produce the genus.

paintingdinos

For a resin kit, I find his prices very reasonable. If you keep an eye on his FB page he also somwtimes offers free shipping on runs (usually the first). Considering he's in Siberia...that's a steal ;)

Cretaceous Crab

I also recently bought one of his Carnotaurus kits. Not bad on shipping considering his location and I love the figure. I will likely buy from him again as his style is one of a kind.

But yeah, sometimes communication is spotty and I got the impression English may not be his first language. But be patient.

Reptilia

So the only way to buy those kits is contacting the guy on Facebook? Urzeitshop sells his theropod heads and the painted Carnotaurus model, but not the others. He's got an amazing style, curious to see how the Acrocanthosaurus turns out. And I'd love to see an Allosaurus too.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Reptilia on March 28, 2018, 09:20:07 PM
So the only way to buy those kits is contacting the guy on Facebook? Urzeitshop sells his theropod heads and the painted Carnotaurus model, but not the others. He's got an amazing style, curious to see how the Acrocanthosaurus turns out. And I'd love to see an Allosaurus too.

Yeah, you just shoot him a message on FB. He sculpts and casts these all himself, doesn't seem to be working with anyone else to sell the kits yet. He also has painted ones for sale sometimes (he posts the names of the artists on his instagram, you might try checking there to see if anyone has any finished ones for sale if that's what you're looking for... but the MG ones at urzeitshop are probably the best).

I agree that there's a bit of a language barrier, so I've kept all my contact short and sweet. He's always been good at replying to me and answering my questions so long as I keep them simple and direct.

Reptilia

Does anybody know if Prey Collection models require major assemblage? I think the Dunkleosteus is only two parts, the whole figure and the jaw essentially. What about the others?

paintingdinos

Quote from: Reptilia on March 31, 2018, 02:16:56 AM
Does anybody know if Prey Collection models require major assemblage? I think the Dunkleosteus is only two parts, the whole figure and the jaw essentially. What about the others?

I think it depends. You're right about the Dunk being 2, but the Spino is 7 (head, torso, tail + 4 legs). Probably most are between 2-5. He does a great job breaking them up- once glued you can barely see the seams. Honestly, they feel like they're made by GW or something, you'd never imagine they were garage kits.

postsaurischian

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 31, 2018, 04:11:40 AM
Quote from: Reptilia on March 31, 2018, 02:16:56 AM

I think it depends. You're right about the Dunk being 2, but the Spino is 7 (head, torso, tail + 4 legs). Probably most are between 2-5. He does a great job breaking them up- once glued you can barely see the seams. Honestly, they feel like they're made by GW or something, you'd never imagine they were garage kits.

The Kronosaurus is 3 - only two of the flippers are seperated (if I remember correctly - it's in England right now, so I can't check).
The Parahelicoprion though is a one piece model :) .

Reptilia

Good to know they're not so many pieces. At the moment these models are out of my reach, financially speaking, but I hope in the near future I can get my hands on a couple of them.

Cretaceous Crab

The Carnotaurus is 4 pieces: body, both legs and the base.

FYI, I WILL be submitting a review of the PREY Carnotaurus once I complete the painting.

Reptilia

Nice, the Carnotaurus is one of the coolest. Looking forward to your review.

Halichoeres

My Parahelicoprion came in two pieces. The lower jaw was a separate piece. That's a pretty minor amount of assembly at any rate.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Can anybody write down a full list of every kit this guy made?

Reptilia

Oh, thanks! So thus far they are:

- Dunkleosteus
- Kronosaurus
- Parahelicoprion
- Spinosaurus
- Carnotaurus
- Tyrannosaurus
- Prionosuchus

They look all super cool, wanna see an Allosaurus, a Ceratosaurus and some ceratopsian too.

Cretaceous Crab

Also, while they don't fall into the realm of accurate paleoart, he is starting a series of "ceratopsian" anthropomorphic warrior figures. The Styracosaurus is already available for sale.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 02, 2018, 07:06:41 AM
My Parahelicoprion came in two pieces. The lower jaw was a separate piece. That's a pretty minor amount of assembly at any rate.

Mine arrived like this (as a one piece model):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: