News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on November 19, 2018, 05:05:29 PM

New update from Facebook with a preview of the Monoclonius color scheme!
I approve!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Monoclonius? Keying in on nostalgia I see. If it wasn't an exclusive to the kickstarter I may be interested, but since it is I will just have to ignore it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 19, 2018, 08:34:11 PM
Monoclonius? Keying in on nostalgia I see. If it wasn't an exclusive to the kickstarter I may be interested, but since it is I will just have to ignore it.

Same here. That is one model that I would just get for nostalgia's sake if it were accessible to those outside the kickstarter.

...wait a sec...was the Monoclonius a legit species?

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 20, 2018, 03:47:22 AM

Same here. That is one model that I would just get for nostalgia's sake if it were accessible to those outside the kickstarter.

Monoclonius is considered a nomen dubium, and most of the remains found are believed to be juveniles or subadults of other ceratopsians, like Centrosaurus.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Does anyone know whether there are any plans for a Udanoceratops? That'd be really nice.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Ravonium

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 22, 2018, 07:48:05 PM
Does anyone know whether there are any plans for a Udanoceratops? That'd be really nice.

Based on OP's Google Docs spreadsheet (which you can find here), there are :)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Ravonium on November 22, 2018, 07:50:50 PM

Thank you, that's great news, even if it is very very far off. I hope to be able to get it at some point.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 22, 2018, 08:18:28 PM

Thank you, that's great news, even if it is very very far off. I hope to be able to get it at some point.

From what I see Beast of the Mesozoic is going to recreate almost all the ceraptoside figures. That is a point in their favor! If my economy improves, you can be sure that I will be a regular customer of your great company.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 22, 2018, 09:43:45 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 22, 2018, 08:18:28 PM

From what I see Beast of the Mesozoic is going to recreate almost all the ceraptoside figures. That is a point in their favor! If my economy improves, you can be sure that I will be a regular customer of your great company.
Ah, but Udanoceratops is not a member of the Ceratopsidae family, and I recall only a few non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsians will be done and I was hoping that Undanoceratops would be one of them.

Halichoeres

For the record, the following non-ceratopsids are planned. Zuniceratops, Psittacosaurus, and Protoceratops are confirmed for the initial (centrosaurine) Kickstarter campaign, and based on FB posts, about half of the others on this list are also likely to be included in the first campaign. The other half will go with the chasmosaurine Kickstarter.

Cerasinops
Graciliceratops
Leptoceratops
Magnirostris
Montanoceratops
Prenoceratops
Protoceratops
Psittacosaurus
Turanoceratops
Udanoceratops
Zuniceratops
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

Here's the finished concept art for the Monoclonius! This guy is inspired by an old Tyco Dino Riders toy for those who haven't seen :)

Shonisaurus

The ceraptosidos are my weakness especially those species of centrosaurs that like the monoclonius are weakly represented. I celebrate that the Beast of Mesozoic company makes that figure of one of the best preserved dinosaurs in the paleontological record.

Roselaar

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on November 28, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

Here's the finished concept art for the Monoclonius! This guy is inspired by an old Tyco Dino Riders toy for those who haven't seen :)

Definitely! I love it! Great to see hommage being paid by one toy designer to a past generation of toy designers. The Tyco line is a classic!

LeapingLaelaps

Here's a new look at the Einiosaurus sculpt from his Tumblr blog!

Shonisaurus

With a bit of luck I'll buy some Beast of the Mesozoic figure. I sincerely prefer the ceraptosides rather than the raptors.

tanystropheus

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on November 20, 2018, 04:07:06 PM

Monoclonius is considered a nomen dubium, and most of the remains found are believed to be juveniles or subadults of other ceratopsians, like Centrosaurus.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if they've updated the classification since. I wonder if David Silva is using this DR paint job for a Monoclonius or a Centrosaurus?

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 30, 2018, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on November 20, 2018, 04:07:06 PM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if they've updated the classification since. I wonder if David Silva is using this DR paint job for a Monoclonius or a Centrosaurus?

This is going to be his paint job for Centrosaurus :):

Shonisaurus

Centrosaurus is another of the figures of Beast of the Mesozoic for me very expected in fact is a dinosaur whose bone remains are very well preserved and are abundant with respect to other dinosaurs more represented in the world of toys and dinosaurs including resin.

Beast of the Mesozoic is making all the figures and dinosaurs have already been made by families first the raptors and now the ceraptosides and species in a certain way related to these armed dinosaurs. It is a company to consider. It is a gift of life to have this prehistoric animal business so complete in its commercial presentation.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2018, 03:02:22 AM
For the record, the following non-ceratopsids are planned. Zuniceratops, Psittacosaurus, and Protoceratops are confirmed for the initial (centrosaurine) Kickstarter campaign, and based on FB posts, about half of the others on this list are also likely to be included in the first campaign. The other half will go with the chasmosaurine Kickstarter.

Cerasinops
Graciliceratops
Leptoceratops
Magnirostris
Montanoceratops
Prenoceratops
Protoceratops
Psittacosaurus
Turanoceratops
Udanoceratops
Zuniceratops
Thanks for the list, these are what probably interest me most.

LeapingLaelaps

Here's the finished sculpt of the Einiosaurus! Can't wait to see this guy painted :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: