News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeapingLaelaps

In his post he said that additional species will follow later without crowdfunding, so hopefully that means other species we're looking forward to will be made eventually!

suspsy

I'll admit it: I have not purchased any products nor donated to Creative Beast Studios in the past, but I think I'm going to start. May go with Torosaurus, although naturally I'll hold out for images of the final product before I click any buy button.

Also, the more I think about it, the more the prospect of a tyrannosaur series scares me from a financial perspective. T. rex is a shoe-in naturally, but it'll be damned tempting to pick up the rest of the family, even if I have no space to display all of them!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Minmiminime

I'm surprised Protoceratops didn't make it on to the list, given that it would make and excellent transition piece from the 'raptors, but I'm not surprised he's had to scale it back somewhat..! It was a massively ambitious project. I would definitely have preferred the smaller, less derived ceratopsians too, but as long as I get that Pachyrhinosaurus I'm happy! ;D
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

PumperKrickel

deleted

suspsy

I put it in a polite request on FB to make a Triceratops prorsus as opposed to yet another T. horridus.

Faelrin

I do love T. horridus, but T. prorsus really deserves a chance in the spotlight at this point in regards to figures being made. In other words I agree with this. In an ideal situation both would be cool to have though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

so which will be the first 3 offered when the Kickstarter campaign begins? I really hope one is the pachyrhino. Its gorgeous and its the one I want most so far. Id also like either protoceratops to go with my velociraptor or a psittacosaurus for my microraptor.

Minmiminime

P @SuperiorSpider wahey, how did I miss that?! 😁 That's great, count me extra happy!

I do feel it's a nice idea for him to do juveniles of some species for diorama building and playability, particularly if they have a greater degree of articulation than the 'raptor nestlings, but equally it would be nice to see more obscure species represented 🤔
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

A little bit of a bummer that most of the non-ceratopsids will be pushed back, especially since Kickstarter prices are lower than the post-Kickstarter prices. I'll definitely pledge less as a result, but I'll probably still shell out for a Cerasinops if it's released later on.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 04, 2019, 09:52:14 PM
A little bit of a bummer that most of the non-ceratopsids will be pushed back, especially since Kickstarter prices are lower than the post-Kickstarter prices. I'll definitely pledge less as a result, but I'll probably still shell out for a Cerasinops if it's released later on.
You say that, but I was able to get a raptor post kickstarter from Minizoo (other side of the world) for under $50 after shipping, from the Kickstarter would have cost me $75 + whatever shipping was going to be. The Kickstarter was really only a good value for Americans.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 04, 2019, 11:00:10 PM
You say that, but I was able to get a raptor post kickstarter from Minizoo (other side of the world) for under $50 after shipping, from the Kickstarter would have cost me $75 + whatever shipping was going to be. The Kickstarter was really only a good value for Americans.

OK, sure, outside the US the Kickstarter isn't of particular benefit, but I paid less than $40 for everything I got, even after accounting for shipping costs. I believe the average per piece was closer to $35 than $40, in fact.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

New color concept posted today, this time for the Nasutoceratops! Colors are based on the Baja California Collared Lizard (Crotaphytus vestigium)

FlawedCoil82

This line scares me.  :-\ The figures are so beautiful that I am certain they will command a hefty price tag that I won't be able to afford.  :( I also am unfamiliar with the Kickstarter thing as I have never used it before. Do you have to pledge over a certain amount in order to have access to the Monoclonius I read about? And what is the difference typically in price if you get them on Kickstarter versus what they cost off that site? Does Kickstarter just guarantee you one but still costs roughly the same regardless of if you pledge or not?

suspsy

Which one did you get?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 07, 2019, 04:55:41 PM

OK, sure, outside the US the Kickstarter isn't of particular benefit, but I paid less than $40 for everything I got, even after accounting for shipping costs. I believe the average per piece was closer to $35 than $40, in fact.
Fair enough, the Kickstarter was definitely a great deal in the US and I recommend anyone in the US purchase through them if they have the opportunity.

Quote from: suspsy on January 09, 2019, 02:31:32 PMWhich one did you get?
I got the roadrunner Saurornitholestes. I felt the ground bird colouration was the most realistic of the options.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 09, 2019, 03:16:46 PM

Fair enough, the Kickstarter was definitely a great deal in the US and I recommend anyone in the US purchase through them if they have the opportunity.

I got the roadrunner Saurornitholestes. I felt the ground bird colouration was the most realistic of the options.

Only $40? Was it on sale? I'm thinking of getting it and it's presently $56.

Shonisaurus

Of the two figures of Beasts of the Mesozoic in which I am most interested is especially in the zuniceratops and the xenoceratops I find the figures of ceratopsids more obscure and exotic.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on January 09, 2019, 03:35:37 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on January 09, 2019, 03:16:46 PM

Only $40? Was it on sale? I'm thinking of getting it and it's presently $56.
It was more about only costing $14 CAD to ship as opposed to the Kickstarter wanting $25 USD as an added fee for all international shipping.

Checked my order and it seems I was mistaken, it was exactly $51 and $14 shipping (CAD). No sale, so perhaps the exchange rate has changed.

LeapingLaelaps

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It's so disappointing that most of the non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsians seem to have been removed as that was my main interest (and for other people too I assume). The Udanoceratops is still pleasing, but I'd love a Leptoceratops too.
The Einiosaurus looks great from this angle though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: