News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

I might actually back for fewer figures in the initial centrosaurine kickstarter. I splurged on the raptors because I didn't know how available they'd be afterwards, but with MiniZoo getting them in I feel safe in only getting some via kickstarter. Also I'm not in the most financially lucrative situation these days so that helps me limit my options.

I'm quite excited for Centrosaurus; it was on the cover of the first issue of Dinosaurs that I ever got, so there's nostalgia at work (plus there's like no Centrosaurus figures). I'll at least get that one, plus the Monoclonius. I guess I'm kind of buying the same dinosaur then.  ;D
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

What beauty the einiosaurus, sincerely the raptors of Beast of the Mesozoic can wait, I prefer to collect before the ceraptosidos of the mentioned brand. I have a weakness for ceraptosides.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Brontozaurus on December 06, 2018, 10:36:05 PM
I might actually back for fewer figures in the initial centrosaurine kickstarter. I splurged on the raptors because I didn't know how available they'd be afterwards, but with MiniZoo getting them in I feel safe in only getting some via kickstarter. Also I'm not in the most financially lucrative situation these days so that helps me limit my options.

I'm quite excited for Centrosaurus; it was on the cover of the first issue of Dinosaurs that I ever got, so there's nostalgia at work (plus there's like no Centrosaurus figures). I'll at least get that one, plus the Monoclonius. I guess I'm kind of buying the same dinosaur then.  ;D

I can see that. The Kickstarter ends up being less per unit, but it requires a big investment up front. Personally of the initial 6 I only plan to pledge for 3, the two you mention plus Zuniceratops. The others look really nice but if I'm going to drop $30-$40 on new ceratopsians I want them to be genera that aren't already represented well in my collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

LeapingLaelaps

More pictures of the finished Einiosaurus sculpt from Facebook! ;D

Shonisaurus

avatar_LeapingLaelaps @LeapingLaelaps The unpainted prototype of the Beast of the Mesozoic einiosaurus looks awesome. Thank you for publishing these photographs. He is a great figure.

LeapingLaelaps

Shonisaurus

The zuniceratops of Beast of the Mesozoic looks great although the pachyrhinosaurus has more conservative and realistic colors, but I have to affirm that the zunicertops of the Beast of the Mesozoic brand has bright and colorful colors. Seeing it with the einiosaurus, you can see some beautiful sculptures.

I can not wait to see the painted and finished Beast of the Mesozoic einiosaurus.

Roselaar

Oh wow, this just keeps looking better and better... :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The figure will be as spectacular as the rest of the cerattosides of Beasts of the Mesozoic. I hope everything will be commercialized soon.

LeapingLaelaps

Here's the latest design, this time for the Albertaceratops!

Shonisaurus

Beasts of the Mesozoic do not cease to amaze me, the albertaceratops is an unknown ceraptoside in the toy market, even I who am a collector and a fan of the world of prehistory had no news of this ceraptoside.

LeapingLaelaps

Important update from David's Facebook today:

"***BIG NEWS***
Hope you all had a great holiday this past week! As we bid farewell to 2018, a year that saw the official release of the first Beasts of the Mesozoic action figures, I have a big announcement to make regarding next year's Kickstarter.
To this point, many of you know that the plan has been to split the Ceratopsians into two Kickstarter campaigns (Centrosaurines and Chasmosarines), however I know that many of you really want your favorite Chasmosaurine dinos such as Pentaceratops, Chasmosaurus, and Triceratops represented sooner rather than later. And after careful consideration, I've decided to concentrate on the most prominent ceratopsians for one single campaign instead of two, with additional species to follow later without crowdfunding. Here is my revised list for the 2019 Beasts of the Mesozoic Kickstarter (items are subject to change)::

1/18th (from smaller to larger)
Zuniceratops
Udanoceratops
Avaceratops
Einosaurus
Monoclonius- (juvenile Centrosaurus) *KS exclusive
Styracosaurus
Nasutoceratops
Diabloceratops
Triceratops (juvenile)
Regaliceratops
Chasmosaurus b.
Utahceratops
Mercuriceratops
Kosmoceratops
Albertaceratops
Pentaceratops
Medusaceratops
Wendiceratops
Xenoceratops
Centrosaurus
Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai
Sinocerotops
Triceratops (adult)
Torosaurus

1/6th
Protoceratops
Psittacosaurus

All species shown so far will still be offered, but some that were only listed previously have been switched out in favor of the most-requested Chasmosaurines. I estimate that this adjustment will push the schedule back a few months to late summer 2019, but in addition to representing more well-known species, having only one Ceratopsian campaign will allow us to get to Tyrannosaurs that much sooner. As we continue with the prototype development into 2019, know that I will continue to show all of the concept art for each figure, however certain prototype pics and package art will be held back to be revealed during the campaign. I wouldn't want to spoil everything before the big show!

So, what do you all think of the new list? Are there any species you feel I missed that should be in this initial offering?
Thank you all so much for your interest and support thus far and here's looking forward to a great 2019!

"

Fenestra

With so many obvious articulation points, it would be nice to see some pictures of what is possible.
Pose wise I mean.
They all look great, with beautiful colours. But in every picture, they are all just standing there like regular dinosaur figures.
Can they sit? Stand on two feet? Bow their head? Give us some action poses please.
Surely that would promote these figures better?

suspsy

Quote from: LeapingLaelaps on December 30, 2018, 07:48:11 PM

I estimate that this adjustment will push the schedule back a few months to late summer 2019, but in addition to representing more well-known species, having only one Ceratopsian campaign will allow us to get to Tyrannosaurs that much sooner.

That is sweet, sweet music to my ears!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DragonRider02

Quote from: Fenestra on December 30, 2018, 08:33:25 PM
With so many obvious articulation points, it would be nice to see some pictures of what is possible.
Pose wise I mean.
They all look great, with beautiful colours. But in every picture, they are all just standing there like regular dinosaur figures.
Can they sit? Stand on two feet? Bow their head? Give us some action poses please.
I think it was mentioned somewhere on FB that prototypes aren't articulated, that's Why they're always in the same poses on all photos

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: DragonRider02 on December 30, 2018, 09:52:23 PM
Quote from: Fenestra on December 30, 2018, 08:33:25 PM
Pose wise I mean.
I think it was mentioned somewhere on FB that prototypes aren't articulated, that's Why they're always in the same poses on all photos

I think I remember a long time ago when the raptor prototypes were first being posted, he mentioned them being fragile, so he didn't want to mess with them too much, which is understandable.

Flaffy

I hope david still plans to do the smaller 1/18th ceratopsians/ceratopsids.
I was looking forward to seeing a BotM cerasinops, prenoceratops and Yehuecauhceratops.

Kinda disappointed that 2 spots on the list are occupied by the same genus.

Faelrin

I like that list. Lots of my favorites there (obviously Styracosaurus, Protoceratops, and Pachyrhinosaurus, and I think Diabloceratops too, were from the start, but also Triceratops, Pentaceratops, and Regaliceratops, will be sooner then later now, etc) Don't know if I'm forgetting any that I really wanted, that may have been scrapped (except maybe Turanoceratops which got scrapped I saw, but Zuniceratops is similar enough I guess). Time to do some digging. To be honest I am all fine with this Kickstarter being pushed back further. It gives him more time to work on them, and also gives me more time to hopefully be ready for when this thing drops (since I've been relatively consumed with Mattel's offerings as of late of course).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: